ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ex NFLer Fight at the Newark Airport

funny how yahoo eliminates the first part of the video, creative editing to fit the headline?

there's a longer video here, still not sure exactly how the physical part started but the football guy took a bunch of swings at united guy before he got slapped and then laid him out.

funny how yahoo eliminates the first part of the video, creative editing to fit the headline?

there's a longer video here, still not sure exactly how the physical part started but the football guy took a bunch of swings at united guy before he got slapped and then laid him out.

Better watch that again. Just as the video starts the employee slaps him in the face. It's hard to see cause you can't see the employees arm or hand. But watch his steps and body movement. Then see Langley's head snap back. Then the guy keeps coming at him. United dude got what he deserves based on that video. But there may be more to the story before the first of 2 slaps to the face.

I would assume he will no longer be employed by the CFL.

Better watch that again. Just as the video starts the employee slaps him in the face. It's hard to see cause you can't see the employees arm or hand. But watch his steps and body movement. Then see Langley's head snap back. Then the guy keeps coming at him. United dude got what he deserves based on that video. But there may be more to the story before the first of 2 slaps to the face.
I do see the football guys head move back so looks like there was an early slap, but who knows what happened before the filming. Dont feel bad for either one to be honest. United guy shouldnt have been in his face over something minor, and football dude should have laughed at the midget troll and got on his plane.

Unless the player did something physical first- he should be cleared of everything. The worker looks to be 100% in the wrong. Guy also looks like he has some sort of mental issues.

Reactions: S.W.A.I.N
The player was arrested as he should have been. The worker should have called security instead of engaging the player.
If the worker hit him first, why would he be arrested? The question is, who did hit first. It had seemed from watching, the player would have rather been just walking away but the worker kept coming at him

Even if the player had started it, there is no way that guy could have kept his job- he kept coming after the player
My post was in response to RUdad post. The loser paid the price here not the winner. Has nothing to do with who started it. There is no doubt that the employee lost the fight.

Consider the source of the comment.

Care to back that up with some logic instead of cowering in the bushes like a yapping little chihuahua?

If the worker hit him first, why would he be arrested? The question is, who did hit first. It had seemed from watching, the player would have rather been just walking away but the worker kept coming at him

The longer video shows the player starting it. Those clips only begin at the point where the worker slaps the player. This is the kind of situation where both were in the wrong.

Yes, you just can't do that with a customer no matter what. Have to try to de-escalate and if that doesn't work get someone in who has a higher level of training in that area. Both were knuckleheads though.

Absolutely. It's a no-win situation to engage a customer like that.

Wowwwww. I had no idea there was more to this
Yeah- the longer version tells a completely different story. The short version makes it look like the Player was the clear aggressor, the long version shows he was the one trying to de-escalate. The real truth is in between- worker may have started it but the player did have opportunity to not hit him back. he should have just shoved that fat ass away until security got there. The closed fist will always get you in trouble.

• Haha
Reactions: scripts
Care to back that up with some logic instead of cowering in the bushes like a yapping little chihuahua?

The longer video shows the player starting it. Those clips only begin at the point where the worker slaps the player. This is the kind of situation where both were in the wrong.
The United guy started it the moment he came from behind the counter and squared off on Langley ya big dummy. He should have and I'm sure his face wishes he would have, let someone else handle it.

Unless the player did something physical first- he should be cleared of everything. The worker looks to be 100% in the wrong. Guy also looks like he has some sort of mental issues.
waddyou some sort or internet telepathic psychologist? 😜

Whatever happened to the customer is always right and fly the friendly skies?

As with any of these situations, seems to be not enough video and information to make a judgment, but both of them are wrong here. Never any reason to throw hands over words. Never. Kind of like what Dalton said in his speech to the bouncers:

what-if-they-call-my-momma-a-whore-is-she-51563975.png

The player was arrested as he should have been. The worker should have called security instead of engaging the player.
On a purely masculine, knucklehead, adolescent level, the United guy gets mad props for squaring up. But these things usually don't end well. One of our WR recruits learned that, and he is lucky to be alive. It's all manly and macho to square up and "be a man" until your head hits a hard object and you become disabled or dead.

Yes, you just can't do that with a customer no matter what. Have to try to de-escalate and if that doesn't work get someone in who has a higher level of training in that area. Both were knuckleheads though.
List of places nobody wants to work these days:
1. Airlines customer service/flight attendants
2. Subway (not the sandwich shop, but there too)

Sewer plant maintenance worker looks attractive to those three.

waddyou some sort or internet telepathic psychologist? 😜

Whatever happened to the customer is always right and fly the friendly skies?

As with any of these situations, seems to be not enough video and information to make a judgment, but both of them are wrong here. Never any reason to throw hands over words. Never. Kind of like what Dalton said in his speech to the bouncers:

what-if-they-call-my-momma-a-whore-is-she-51563975.png
haha- only said it because there has to be some sort of mental issue to get your ass wacked out like that and just come back- stand in front of the guy like a 1920's boxer and let him pummel you again. lol
And you are right, both wrong. Worker more wrong, no matter how you look at it. Player should never hit him. As I said just above- the very most he should have done is push the worker away until security got there.

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
haha- only said it because there has to be some sort of mental issue to get your ass wacked out like that and just come back- stand in front of the guy like a 1920's boxer and let him pummel you again. lol
And you are right, both wrong. Worker more wrong, no matter how you look at it. Player should never hit him. As I said just above- the very most he should have done is push the worker away until security got there.
If I may quote myself:
On a purely masculine, knucklehead, adolescent level, the United guy gets mad props for squaring up. But these things usually don't end well. One of our WR recruits learned that, and he is lucky to be alive. It's all manly and macho to square up and "be a man" until your head hits a hard object and you become disabled or dead.

The United guy started it the moment he came from behind the counter and squared off on Langley ya big dummy. He should have and I'm sure his face wishes he would have, let someone else handle it.

I was asking for an explanation about why you felt you needed to make a comment like that about me, not about the situation.

LOL.
My first minimum wage job was working in a car wash. After 2 or 3 years, I thought I would take a step up to working in a restaurant as a bus boy. I quit after one night and ran back to the car wash for my old job. The best part of that job compared to the restaurant was not having to deal with angry, snarky people. Just wash cars all day long. Only the manager interacted with the customers. Sewer work would have suited me just fine.

List of places nobody wants to work these days:
1. Airlines customer service/flight attendants
2. Subway (not the sandwich shop, but there too)

Sewer plant maintenance worker looks attractive to those three.
Very true. Tensions at an all-time high in airports and on airplanes.

I was asking for an explanation about why you felt you needed to make a comment like that about me, not about the situation.
Because for someone who is listed as a moderator you certainly never take a neutral or impartial POV. So it's not surprising to me that your immediate reaction would be that only Langley should have been arrested. Just because Mr. United got his butt kicked that doesn't absolve him from being the one who came from behind the counter and confronted Langley, leading to what transpired. Play stupid games win stupid prizes as the saying goes.

Yeah- the longer version tells a completely different story. The short version makes it look like the Player was the clear aggressor, the long version shows he was the one trying to de-escalate. The real truth is in between- worker may have started it but the player did have opportunity to not hit him back. he should have just shoved that fat ass away until security got there. The closed fist will always get you in trouble.
Haha really? Longer version made me think player was aggressor and caused employee to lose his shit, shorter version thought employee was aggressor

Because for someone who is listed as a moderator you certainly never take a neutral or impartial POV. So it's not surprising to me that your immediate reaction would be that only Langley should have been arrested. Just because Mr. United got his butt kicked that doesn't absolve him from being the one who came from behind the counter and confronted Langley, leading to what transpired. Play stupid games win stupid prizes as the saying goes.

As I said, from the FULL video Langley was the one who initiated violence, which is why he was and should have been arrested. And I also said that the worker should have called security instead of engaging Langley.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT