ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ex NFLer Fight at the Newark Airport

As I said, from the FULL video Langley was the one who initiated violence, which is why he was and should have been arrested. And I also said that the worker should have called security instead of engaging Langley.
I don't agree that there is any conclusive evidence of that. I doubt you care but it's all good.

Ehhh it’s Newark airport. I once flew from Pittsburgh to Newark with a half filled Ike sports bag that easily fit under the seat. One of those super economy type tickets. The people in Pittsburgh were so nice. Like to the point I thought they were going to bake me cookies and tuck me in at night. Like a nice grandma. In Newark. They wouldn’t let me take the bag on the flight back to Pittsburgh without paying 40 bucks. Said it was too big and all of this. A literal standoff. Just a terrible experience. Finally the lady got sick of me standing my ground she just printed my boarding pass and let me go. It was night and day with customer service and common sense.

It's assault and should be dealt with by the legal system. The employee should be fired for making the situation worse by continuing to be confrontational. No one is on the right side in this incident. Sad.

Like I said earlier the employee didn't come from behind the counter and get up in Langley's face because he wanted to take a photo with him. That makes it evident that he went looking for a confrontation. Same as he did after the initial beatdown.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
The worker looks like he could box 20 yrs and 40lbs ago lol.
Have to know your limits

My post was in response to RUdad post. The loser paid the price here not the winner. Has nothing to do with who started it. There is no doubt that the employee lost the fight.
The winner was charged with a crime.

I disagree - 2-3 second mark of this video posted by tico appears to show Langley take the first swing with his right hand.

Don't get me wrong, the worker should have called security instead of trying to deal with this by himself.
I stand corrected as the shorter version clearly makes the worker look wrong...The longer version- if you start watching at the 2 second mark- looks like Langley took the first ...oh wait

What happened in the first 2 seconds? Langley's head was coming back from a slap or blow and the worker's hand was coming down.

Why are you not looking at the very first part of the video? They don't tell the story you want to believe?

There may even be more video available but if you start at 0.0 of the long version and do not see that contact was made to Langley's head, then you have a blind eye.

I am not just talking to you but to anyone else that doesn't want to see 0.0- 0.2 you cannot tell me that something did not strike Watch again Langley's head or face.

Which will be dropped. Self defense.
I agree but have to say he would have been smarter to never close his fist. My son used to have guys confront him all the time- strange as that may seem when someone is 6ft6 300+ athlete...but he always said- if they want to start it and I can't walk away- I will never close my fist. If my hand is open, they are still going to feel something they never felt before but I don't go to jail and I dont damage my hands.

The longer video doesn't provide nearly enough information to judge how this whole incident started. The longer video is quite likely far more misleading than useful. The shorter video is pure disinformation.

If no physical contact occurred between the two parties prior to the start of the longer video, then the passenger assaulted the airline guy. That much would be clear. It's debatable if the airline guy's subsequent slap of the passenger was self-defense or not. Because he could've simply stayed away from the passenger at that point and called security instead. I suspect his ego was bruised - which is a truly stupid reason to get into a fight.

Only thing missing was Jim Lampley doing the commentary. United guy was actually fortunate. Langley could have really laid him out once he went back up in his face once he got up. I wonder if the 3 knockdown rule was in effect?
Hahahaha

The longer video doesn't provide nearly enough information to judge how this whole incident started. The longer video is quite likely far more misleading than useful. The shorter video is pure disinformation.

If no physical contact occurred between the two parties prior to the start of the longer video, then the passenger assaulted the airline guy. That much would be clear. It's debatable if the airline guy's subsequent slap of the passenger was self-defense or not. Because he could've simply stayed away from the passenger at that point and called security instead. I suspect his ego was bruised - which is a truly stupid reason to get into a fight.
I don't think so- the longer version I have seen- from 0.0 to 2.0 you see what appears to be the worker arm coming down and the player head coming back from what looked like a position of being slapped, pushed or hit in some way. Don't start looking at 2.0 where the player passenger took an obvious swing.

Whoever took the first swing is in the wrong. The other guy has a right to defend himself even if he gets his ass kicked. The person who threw the first punch should be charged with a criminal offense. That’s the law.

Reactions: scripts

The conflict reportedly started when Langley tried to transport his luggage by using a wheelchair, instead of the designated luggage carts.
As I said, from the FULL video Langley was the one who initiated violence, which is why he was and should have been arrested. And I also said that the worker should have called security instead of engaging Langley.
Another violent thug at the airport. Oh what a surprise. The violence lately everywhere is out of control.

Whoever took the first swing is in the wrong. The other guy has a right to defend himself even if he gets his ass kicked. The person who threw the first punch should be charged with a criminal offense. That’s the law.
Punch or physical contact? Someone has the real full video that should show the whole thing. We haven’t seen that one yet. Both that we have seen didn’t show the start but show what someone wanted us to see

That airport guy doesn’t look like a thug, what are you talking about?
Once you start throwing fists like that and attack someone you look like a thug. Can’t believe you are sticking up for him that surprises me coming from you.

Once you start throwing fists like that and attack someone you look like a thug. Can’t believe you are sticking up for him that surprises me coming from you.
Thug is the term that shouldn't be used. Guy does not sound or act like a thug. If he were a "thug" that dude would have been down and out from the beginning. (I doubt most people that use the term "thug" have any idea what one is or have ever been anywhere near a 'thug') With that said- the player, never should have done anything with a closed fist. Should have been controlled enough to keep hands open and push if needed but never swing with a fist unless your life or physical being is in danger.
That is the way I raised my boys. And that has always been my advice to my step sons who could kill a person if they wanted to. Walk away because you have nothing to prove to a stranger and if needed, push away if that will work. If you are in physical danger or family is in physical danger- we can afford the best lawyers but I would prefer that money for retirement so get home early. lol
In this case, if it were my step son at the airport- first- he wouldn't go cheap and try to use a wheelchair for his luggage- but if he did something that may be frowned upon but not illegal or threatening and approached aggressively, my advice is always just let the asshole say what he wants and be the bigger person. If the other person wants to be aggressive, understand that you are a big black man and will be treated as the aggressor, until they see tape- which will be much later so you are guilty until proven innocent, so, do anything you can to protect but not be accused.
If it comes down to protect, try to do it with your hands open.
And most of all- be calm at all times. Call me. And don't argue with the police and don't say anything. We will handle it from there.

Reactions: RUbacker
Not surprised United fired the worker.

Didn't they pay that man they forcibly removed something like (rumored) $140M ?

Crazy that the guy that took the beating was fired by United.
he swung at the customer when there was no current direct threat.. I do think firing was a bit much.. suspended with some training might have been better.. but maybe this employee had other issues on his record..

Reactions: batts
I stand corrected as the shorter version clearly makes the worker look wrong...The longer version- if you start watching at the 2 second mark- looks like Langley took the first ...oh wait

What happened in the first 2 seconds? Langley's head was coming back from a slap or blow and the worker's hand was coming down.

Why are you not looking at the very first part of the video? They don't tell the story you want to believe?

There may even be more video available but if you start at 0.0 of the long version and do not see that contact was made to Langley's head, then you have a blind eye.

I am not just talking to you but to anyone else that doesn't want to see 0.0- 0.2 you cannot tell me that something did not strike Watch again Langley's head or face.
I often wonder about these viral videos.. who started recording WHEN.. AFTER WHAT?.. and who released the video and was it edited to show WHAT? It's like they say in sports.. its the guy that reacts that often gets flagged because the instigator drew the ref's attention to action.. but they didn't see exactly what happened until the "victim" reacts

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT