ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Excel

theRU

All American
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2008
Aliso Viejo, CA
I couldnt sign up for another forum so i'm coming here because i know you all are smart.

I'm having an issue in excel.
Here is my formula:
=IF(M5>0,"Base","Unique")

My issue is that cell M5 has a formula in it. So although it is blank, it is not being treated as ZERO. How can i fix this?

Reactions: RUTRINI
I have no idea what this means, but I gave a like because you got this question answered in 9 minutes by a guy posting for the 2nd time in 6 years.

Sometimes i use =SUM(...). Other times I use bold, or even change the colors of the font.
the beauty of these boards! We have experts, Idiots, super fans, fools, Unitards, positoids, Old and Young... its all a matter of your perspective. Gotta love it.

One of the areas I definitely need to get better at is Excel. I know there are a thousand tutorials online, but would somebody like to point out some of the better ones for more intermediate and advanced stuff? Is YouTube the best bet? Is there a specific tutorial site that's really good?

I couldnt sign up for another forum so i'm coming here because i know you all are smart.

I'm having an issue in excel.
Here is my formula:
=IF(M5>0,"Base","Unique")

My issue is that cell M5 has a formula in it. So although it is blank, it is not being treated as ZERO. How can i fix this?
If your formula can return both blank and zero values, you can nest the ISBLANK function thusly:
=IF(ISBLANK(M5), "Unique", IF(M5>0,"Base","Unique"))

Otherwise, maybe isblank can suffice
=IF(ISBLANK (M5), "Unique","Base")

Reactions: RUTRINI
the beauty of these boards! We have experts, Idiots, super fans, fools, Unitards, positoids, Old and Young... its all a matter of your perspective. Gotta love it.
The great @derleider said something similar about us many years ago...

For all our faults, we're pretty damn good for a Rivals Board.

ADVERTISEMENT