ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Expensive Cognac

Panthergrowl13

All Conference
Nov 11, 2002
When at a restaurant I always like to look at what they charge for a 1.0 oz serving of Remy Martin Louis XIII.

However, this particular restaurant had an additional Remy Martin Cognac called Remy Martin Louis XIII Black Pearl.

Cost for 1.0 oz was $1150.

I asked our waiter if he serves a lot of the Black Pearl Cognac. He said a moderate amount and professional athletics are the most common customers.

A quick online search showed you could get a 1.75 liter bottle for about $89,000.

I passed on both Remy's.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
Cognac is weird. That the obvious answer to a centuries-old question ("Oh no, all this wine is ruined, what do we do with it?!?") could become such a valuable commodity is kinda mind-boggling.

On the other hand, I tried some Southern Comfort at a wedding this past weekend - big mistake..... I thought it was some sort of Scotch - guess not.

The Hamilton & Ward Steakhouse by the courthouse in Paterson also serves that. I also passed. I assume only crooked judges can afford it.

When at a restaurant I always like to look at what they charge for a 1.0 serving of Remy Martin Louis XIII.

However, this particular restaurant had an additional Remy Martin Cognac called Remy Martin Louis XIII Black Pearl.

Cost for 1.0 oz was $1150.

A quick online search showed you could get a 1.75 liter bottle for about $89,000.

There's 59 ounces in 1.75L, so the price for the bottle was either the price at a restaurant somewhere or was some sort of special bottle. Typically, Remy Martin Louis XIII goes for about 3k a bottle retail (750ml). It's been a while since I've worked in the industry, but I think just the empty bottle can fetch $750.

There's 59 ounces in 1.75L, so the price for the bottle was either the price at a restaurant somewhere or was some sort of special bottle. Typically, Remy Martin Louis XIII goes for about 3k a bottle retail (750ml). It's been a while since I've worked in the industry, but I think just the empty bottle can fetch $750.

I went to a restaurant that had Pappy Van Winkle for $60 an oz

Reactions: alex13rufan
My friend has 20+ bottles of Pappy all different years. They did a great job "marketing."

Wow. In my world, paying $100 for a 750ml bottle of wine is extravagant. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong.

I usually just ask my waiter if they have any of that "cone-yak" I saw **insert talentless rapper's name here** waving around in his latest video. Then I jump up on my chair and make it rain.

The crowd in Applebee's goes crazy for that move.

Wow. In my world, paying $100 for a 750ml bottle of wine is extravagant. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong.
To be fair, a bottle of wine only has ~4.5 glasses in it, but 750 ml of whiskey has ~17 servings. So a comparable bottle of whiskey is something in the $400 range.

The goodness of Apple Brandy in a glass of iced tea will suffice for us middle-aged folks:

brandy-alcohol.jpg

Last edited:
I usually just ask my waiter if they have any of that "cone-yak" I saw **insert talentless rapper's name here** waving around in his latest video. Then I jump up on my chair and make it rain.

The crowd in Applebee's goes crazy for that move.
Was that after you ate your fillit mig non?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT