OT: Expressions You Truly Hate

BigLou

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
"I take responsibility for ..."

Whenever anyone says this, they never actually receive any repercussions. Many a coach will say this after a loss yet they never get fired for having admitted responsibility for the loss. Same thing with politicians. I'd love for someone to say "I take responsibility and therefore I resign so you can find someone for the job that won't screw it up like I did".

Reactions: Plum Street

hoquat63

All American
Mar 17, 2005
Not sure if these are still buzz words but when I was still working and we were putting in an Oracle system (15+ years ago)
We need to drill down to get sufficient granularity

fischy5000

All Conference
Dec 11, 2008
  • let us noodle on it...
  • fully agree with the hatred of "it is what it is"
  • email sign-offs with "Cheers"

AZBlues

Junior
Sep 29, 2013
"Awesome". (As a one word blanket response to just about anything a person wants to respond positively to..)

Sep 11, 2006
(somewhat related)
personal pronoun of "they", "theirs".. how can non-binary sexual identiers abscond with the perfectly good pronouns "they" and "theirs".. which already had a meaning. Invent your own new pronouns.. don't steal one! How about "neut" and "neut's"?

fsg2

All American
Apr 3, 2018
with all due respect,

followed by something completely dis-respectful

Beat me to it ... just a way of announcing that you're about to take a giant sh!t on someone.

"Without further ado" - which is just further ado in itself. Just say it.

fsg2

All American
Apr 3, 2018
(somewhat related)
personal pronoun of "they", "theirs".. how can non-binary sexual identiers abscond with the perfectly good pronouns "they" and "theirs".. which already had a meaning. Invent your own new pronouns.. don't steal one! How about "neut" and "neut's"?

I like that - eliminates the problem of no sexless singular pronoun. Previously to be PC, you'd have to say "he or she" - unnecessarily wordy and clunky. "They" is incorrect because it's plural but a lot of people use it anyway. Now it's becoming the PC way.

fsg2

All American
Apr 3, 2018
Noice ... it's only semi-grating to hear it, but when it's actually written out I want to punch something.

MadRU

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2001
Starting a sentence or conversation with the word So.

So, I went to the game. No it’s, I went to the game.

When did using So to start a conversation become the thing. Nails on the blackboard for me.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
Sep 11, 2006
Used to work for an Investment Bank full of tools that spoke in phrases like these

One day I went to a meeting determined to do nothing but speak in stupid phrases like these - “let’s take the ball and run with it” type stuff

A friend of mine knew what I was planning and would smirk every time I spoke.. it couldn’t have been more obvious

I was pulled aside by my boss after the meeting and complimented on my great participation in the meeting
That's, uh, LITERALLY...
inconceivable.jpg

Reactions: RutgersMO