ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Family Group Dinner Suggestions Hoboken Fri. 8pm

scarlet96

All American
Gold Member
Sep 12, 2006
I know we have some Hobokenites on here and others familiar with the area. My son and his soccer team will be in a soccer tournament in Hoboken this weekend. We have Friday evening open after 8. These are 11 year olds and their families. We probably will have 25-30 people. Any suggestions for a restaurant that could handle that size in a casual atmosphere? Looking for a dinner and we would be done by 10, presumably before the night crowd starts coming. Walking distance from Sinatra Park would be great. My knowledge of Hoboken goes back to River Street, Cadillac Bar, Texas Arizona etc. from 15-20 years ago!

That is a tough ask for so many people. The good thing for you is everyone will be down the shore then. I'm really struggling to think of a sizeable restaurant where 25 11 year olds will be welcome at 8pm.

Maybe the beer garden...not sure when age limit starts, but it is big enough. I feel like East LA and the Cuban are bigger but maybe a little fancy for kids- those are close to the park.

Go the next town over and hit the Cheescake factory in JC (or Chili's). Otherwise... That's a tall order for that many people. Maybe Arthur's?

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Easy decision ... check out House of Que which is right on Sinatra (on the river). Couldn't be a more perfect spot for a group like that.

Picnic style seating tables for large groups, casual atmosphere. Very close to the soccer field. Can go up and order whenever you're ready and go back up to re-order if you want. Means your paying for your own group and don't have to worry about splitting up the bill. Waitress only takes drink orders. Food won't blow you away as the best BBQ you've ever had, but certain items are really good.

Don't think they really get a late night bar crowd there. So you won't have to worry about that. If they do, its casual - not the rowdy type.

Tough call in Hoboken. I would look for one of the brick oven pizza places (there are many) that's large enough to seat everyone. Or, just over the bridge is Louis' Restaurant in the Bronx - best veal in the city.

Easy decision ... check out House of Que which is right on Sinatra (on the river). Couldn't be a more perfect spot for a group like that.

Picnic style seating tables for large groups, casual atmosphere. Very close to the soccer field. Can go up and order whenever you're ready and go back up to re-order if you want. Means your paying for your own group and don't have to worry about splitting up the bill. Waitress only takes drink orders. Food won't blow you away as the best BBQ you've ever had, but certain items are really good.

Don't think they really get a late night bar crowd there. So you won't have to worry about that. If they do, its casual - not the rowdy type.

Forgot about that place (mostly because I didn't like it much), but it should be perfect.

mcdonald_0.jpg

Best fast processed food for your buck. Great for the WHOLE family!

Reactions: mychaljohn
House of Cue started doing ordering by waitress at the table a few months ago, abandoning the walk up line like at Hill Country. Did they switch back?

You could call Cadillac Cantina (home of RU Football road game watch parties) and see if you can reserve the entire back room. It might be a long shot on a friday night, but the room is big enough and they could put together a bunch of tables for you. That's where my wife hosted my 30th bday party and we had the entire back room to ourselves for 3 hours.

ADVERTISEMENT