ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Fatal Fire in Colts Neck "Suspicious"

RU4Real

Legend
Jul 25, 2001
Crews from all over Monmouth County are currently working a fire scene on Willow Brook Road in Colts Neck, where a fire is burning inside a very large, multi-million dollar home.

There are confirmed fatalities at the scene. Indications are that arriving responders located at least four bodies at the residence.

The owner of the residence is also reported to be related to the owner of another residence in Ocean Township which was the scene of a fire earlier this morning.

The Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office has called a 4:30 PM press conference where it is expected that they will release details of what clearly is some kind of tragic shenanigans.

Crews from all over Monmouth County are currently working a fire scene on Willow Brook Road in Colts Neck, where a fire is burning inside a very large, multi-million dollar home.

There are confirmed fatalities at the scene. Indications are that arriving responders located at least four bodies at the residence.

The owner of the residence is also reported to be related to the owner of another residence in Ocean Township which was the scene of a fire earlier this morning.

The Monmouth County Prosecutor's Office has called a 4:30 PM press conference where it is expected that they will release details of what clearly is some kind of tragic shenanigans.
The 52nd was called for RIT. I was working.

Per the update from MCPO, there are four confirmed fatalities - two adults and two children. Three bodies were found inside the residence by firefighters. One body - an adult male - was found on the front lawn by responding law enforcement. The Prosecutor's Office is investigating the fire as an arson.

We were toned out at 1500. News says fire reported around 1 pm.

Based on the aerial footage it doesn't appear to be heavy fire showing. Sounded to me like they were looking for engines, specifically, due to water issues.

Owner of house in Colts Neck was the brother and a business partner of the man who owned the house in Ocean.

Curious story.

victims in house were shot

While certainly possible, nobody knows that for certain. The bodies were severely burned, they were not closely examined by EMS on scene and no autopsies have yet been performed.

Wasn't another multi million dollar home burned in Colts Neck last year?

Very wealthy town, but the real interesting thing is how some there got that wealth...very different from the surrounding towns...

Wasn't another multi million dollar home burned in Colts Neck last year?

Very wealthy town, but the real interesting thing is how some there got that wealth...very different from the surrounding towns...
Huh?.....What is your point? So tell me how Colts Neck wealth differs from Holmdel wealth; Marlboro wealth etc or any other towns' wealth for that matter? I'm all ears......

Apparently this is now correct - a law enforcement source just texted me "definitely not (self-inflicted) - 4x homicide".

Reactions: Knight Shift
Yikes. Quadruple homicide.

Prayers to the family.

Wonder what the brothers connection was and hope he’s not in danger.

Prayers to the family.

My first question in response was whether they're looking at the brother on this and was told "no".

Speculation is that this was a mob thing. If that's true, then it's pretty worrisome because it's a damn brutal killing.

Prayers to the family.

My first question in response was whether they're looking at the brother on this and was told "no".

Speculation is that this was a mob thing. If that's true, then it's pretty worrisome because it's a damn brutal killing.

I’m assuming the same people who did this to the family are the ones who set the fire to the brothers house?

Or is there zero connection and just strange coincidence?

Crazy story

I’m assuming the same people who did this to the family are the ones who set the fire to the brothers house?

Or is there zero connection and just strange coincidence?

Crazy story

The two events are being investigated as being somehow linked.

Very unsettling.

If the mob, I guess they wanted to send a message.

Without knowing anything (and not reading/seeing this thread until now) other than what my younger son showed me from the aerial shots from News12 on our way to his 6pm hockey practice, it’s pretty easy to figure out that this was fishy.

People don’t die in fires like this 1) in a HUGE (relatively speaking) private dwelling 2) during the day.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Legitmate Organized Mob Hitmen or their contractors don't kill the wives and children for heaven's sake of a target. Big time No No for "morality" purposes as well as not to maximize Heat from Law Enforcement. Thus I have to unfortunately presume that it's either the brother or really low life thugs that did this who have no passion for life of others that are innocent. RIP to all!

Without knowing anything other than what my younger son showed me from the aerial shots from News12 it’s pretty easy to figure out that this was fishy.

People don’t die in fires like this 1) in a HUGE (relatively speaking) private dwelling 2) during the day.

Pretty sure all knew it was fishy when they found a man shot to death outside.

What’s surprising is that was a murder, too, it seems. Think the going theory was murder suicide

I dunno... the only other thing I got out of it was "fukkin albanians". lol
Strange background:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/caneiro
https://heavy.com/news/2018/11/keith-caneiro/
1. 50 years old.
2. Gets degree from Columbia in 2014 (awesome achievement at 46)
3. Gets Masters in 2018.
4. He runs a technology company and a pest control company out of his Asbury office with his brother. He also was a realtor.

From his Linkedin page (don't know what half of it means):
Key technology specialties include:

• Technology Management – Disruptive Change, Operations Management and Management Information Systems

• Security – Risk Management, Asset Security, Assessments, Testing and Operations

• Cloud Computing – Migration Services, Solution Architecture and Advisory Services

Without knowing anything (and not reading/seeing this thread until now) other than what my younger son showed me from the aerial shots from News12 on our way to his 6pm hockey practice, it’s pretty easy to figure out that this was fishy.

Yeah, why weren't the kids in school?

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
I dunno... the only other thing I got out of it was "fukkin albanians". lol
Strange background:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/caneiro
https://heavy.com/news/2018/11/keith-caneiro/
1. 50 years old.
2. Gets degree from Columbia in 2014 (awesome achievement at 46)
3. Gets Masters in 2018.
4. He runs a technology company and a pest control company out of his Asbury office with his brother. He also was a realtor.

From his Linkedin page (don't know what half of it means):
Key technology specialties include:

• Technology Management – Disruptive Change, Operations Management and Management Information Systems

• Security – Risk Management, Asset Security, Assessments, Testing and Operations

• Cloud Computing – Migration Services, Solution Architecture and Advisory Services

I saw that earlier. Very strange.

The tech company snd pest company were ran out of same office in Asbury Park.

ADVERTISEMENT