ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Favorite “bad movies”

jmg75

Senior
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2008
Sea Girt
The movie Roadhouse surfaced in Knight Shift’s Michigan State Haiku thread and it got me thinking about my favorite “bad movies.” Movies that are so bad they are good; movies we watch over and over even though we know they are terrible. Secret guilty pleasures. Roadhouse would make my top five, but off the top of my head the winner would be The Replacements with Keanu Reeves. Any other nominations?

Reactions: angmo and asgot
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
Night Shift
Doctor Detroit
Raw Deal
Over the Top
Tremors

71hb4WtXvHL._SY445_.jpg

Miss March
Dirty Love (Universally panned but I roared)
Beer League
Showgirls (Terrible but I just can't tear my eyes away)

Reactions: REB92
1. Bad Lieutenant
2. Bad Santa 1
3. Bad Moms
4. Bad Boys
5. Bad Teacher
6. Bad Girls
7. Bad News Bears
8. Bad Company
9. Bad Granpa
10. Bad Words
I'm sensing a theme. But I can't quite figure it out...

I second The Room... just saw it on Saturday with a packed crowd at Steelstacks in Bethlehem. Very interactive fun experience. New movie with James Franco called The Disaster Artist based on the making of The Room opening in a week or 2. Insiders say Franco most likely will be nominated for an Oscar.

Deep Throat, crazy premise, but it always holds my attention for about 5 mins.

Reactions: brodo
The Maltese Bippy starring Rowan and Martin was the worst movie I ever saw. Most of you are probably too young to have even heard of it.

The movie Roadhouse surfaced in Knight Shift’s Michigan State Haiku thread and it got me thinking about my favorite “bad movies.” Movies that are so bad they are good; movies we watch over and over even though we know they are terrible. Secret guilty pleasures. Roadhouse would make my top five, but off the top of my head the winner would be The Replacements with Keanu Reeves. Any other nominations?

For me, Roadhouse is like driving by the scene of an accident - you just have to slow down and stare at it. That means whenever I'm surfing channels and I see it is playing (usually on USA Network or TBS) I have to sit and watch the damn thing in its entirety.

Reactions: Scarlet Craig
Johnny Dangerously

That was a classically bad movie, but Henry Winkler was great in it!

A fantastic movie, because of the star. No, not Steven Segal, but the Battleship Missouri!

Just beat me to Johnny Dangerously so gonna go with:

OSCAR (“snaps” Provolone) and
Hudson Hawk

...he drives, he shoots, he SCORES!!

Reactions: KingHigh
Blood Beach
Reefer Madness'
Beyond the valley of the dolls
El Topo

Worst big budget Dustin Hoffman and Warren Beatty in "' Ashante "' That title i need to look up
Marlon Brando in Missouri Breaks

silliest
Attack of the killer tomatos

Berkey to Boston or 40 brick lost bag blues

For me, Roadhouse is like driving by the scene of an accident - you just have to slow down and stare at it. That means whenever I'm surfing channels and I see it is playing (usually on USA Network or TBS) I have to sit and watch the damn thing in its entirety.
There you go. Perfect description of “great bad movies.”

Road House indeed was a classic.

Now for a movie that was awful and still is - saw two minutes of Cliffhanger the other day. I mean good grief.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT