ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Favorite Stephen King book or movie

Huge King fan!

Impossible to pick just 1, but the whole Dark Tower series kept me captivated, and 11/22/63 was incredible. And yes I know (and agree to some extent ) that sometimes King's endings aren't satisfying, but in 11/22/63 it was just perfect.

Good example of great book with horrible last stanza was Insomnia. I couldn't put it down the 1st half of that book but the end was cruddy :(

Reactions: KnightsofChrome
I agree with Patrick about the DT series and 11/22/63. I did find one football-related factual error in 11/22/63. The way to acquire currency was to bet on games where the outcome was known...only in 1963, the bet was placed on the Bears-Giants "NFC Championship Game". Only the NFC didn't exist until after the AFL-NFL merger.

Aside from that, the best movie was Shawshank. Green Mile was originally released as a series of short stories. Hearts in Atlantis was a very good book and a god-awful movie.

I always enjoyed finding the easter eggs in so many books which intertwined, mostly with he Dark Tower series.

"It" was my favorite of his books. The Shining my favorite of the movies made from his books. Actually, The Shining is the only instance I can think of where I thought the movie was even better than the book.

The Mist. Thank God Darabont changed it to perhaps the best ending to a movie I have ever seen.

Reactions: RU_DIO
not into reading books but for me in my top 10 movies of all time are Carrie and the Shining, also the Mist was very very good

Strawberry Spring.

"Why am I afraid to look in the trunk?"

Creepshow. He wrote a graphic novel for it.

The Shining but the movie has almost nothing to do with the book.

Salem's lot has creepy as hell vampires.

Stand By Me is a great film as well.

I never cared much for the movies, but as far as books go .. Salem's Lot, and the Shining were solid books imo. Christine was decent also.

I agree with Patrick about the DT series and 11/22/63. I did find one football-related factual error in 11/22/63. The way to acquire currency was to bet on games where the outcome was known...only in 1963, the bet was placed on the Bears-Giants "NFC Championship Game". Only the NFC didn't exist until after the AFL-NFL merger.

Aside from that, the best movie was Shawshank. Green Mile was originally released as a series of short stories. Hearts in Atlantis was a very good book and a god-awful movie.

I always enjoyed finding the easter eggs in so many books which intertwined, mostly with he Dark Tower series.
Make that two factual errors.

Time travel isn't real

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT