ADVERTISEMENT

OT: FCS Playoff Brackets :

First round at schools. From there you use existing bowl games to appease the money machine
I agree. You could easily put the playoff games out to bid. Highest bidder obviously gets top draw and so on throughout the rounds. Would probably result in increased money as more bowl reps would shoot for access to the playoffs, instead of meaningless bowl games.

How are your brackets looking? I was great through Round 1, but some Round 2 upsets wrecked me.

Who wants to see some college football this weekend?
Quarterfinals begin tomorrow night, here's the lineup:
  • Weber State at (1) James Madison, Friday 7PM ESPN2
  • Wofford at (2) North Dakota State, Saturday 12PM ESPN2
  • New Hampshire at (5) South Dakota State, Saturday 3PM ESPN3
  • Kennesaw State at (6) Sam Houston State, Saturday 8:30PM ESPN3

The kid down the street kicked for Towson a few years back when they made it to the FCS finals. He kicked in blizzards 2 weeks in a row at E Illiniois, and then E Wash, before making it to the neutral site final in Texas (they lost to N Dakota St). Those games were all awesome, especially seeing crazy, college kids screaming like crazy at home games in snow storms !

If all conference champs make the playoff, ooc play becomes a glorified exhibition.
OOC games already are an exhibition for a majority of FBS teams. It only matters for the teams that are fighting for a playoff spot or are fighting to become bowl eligible.

Why are we rooting for Monmouth?

The same reason we usually root for Princeton (& FDU, & Rider, & Monmouth, SHU not so much lol) in basketball. They are the underdog from NJ.

PS- Monmouth lost 2 weeks ago.

The kid down the street kicked for Towson a few years back when they made it to the FCS finals. He kicked in blizzards 2 weeks in a row at E Illiniois, and then E Wash, before making it to the neutral site final in Texas (they lost to N Dakota St). Those games were all awesome, especially seeing crazy, college kids screaming like crazy at home games in snow storms !

I was rooting for Towson that year. The Inferno at EWU is a crazy place to play in the playoffs, between the red turf and almost guaranteed December snows. The semifinal game there last year vs YSU was incredible.

How are your brackets looking? I was great through Round 1, but some Round 2 upsets wrecked me.

Who wants to see some college football this weekend?
Quarterfinals begin tomorrow night, here's the lineup:
  • Weber State at (1) James Madison, Friday 7PM ESPN2
  • Wofford at (2) North Dakota State, Saturday 12PM ESPN2
  • New Hampshire at (5) South Dakota State, Saturday 3PM ESPN3
  • Kennesaw State at (6) Sam Houston State, Saturday 8:30PM ESPN3
I'm ready! Rooting for New Hampshire (I have a cousin going there now), and my local KSU Owls to keep up the upsets. I watched the KSU-JSU game last Saturday and love how Kennesaw plays the game. Hard-nosed football on both sides of the ball. Sam Houston had over 700 yards of offense last week vs South Dakota but I will be shocked if they can get near that yardage against Kennesaw State.

I'm ready! Rooting for New Hampshire (I have a cousin going there now), and my local KSU Owls to keep up the upsets. I watched the KSU-JSU game last Saturday and love how Kennesaw plays the game. Hard-nosed football on both sides of the ball. Sam Houston had over 700 yards of offense last week vs South Dakota but I will be shocked if they can get near that yardage against Kennesaw State.

Kennesaw and Weber both have great “we shouldn’t be here but here we are” stories this year. If I didn’t have another interest in the tournament I’d root for both. I do hope and expect that KSU will roll Soft Houston. Looking forward to watching the second half of that one after I leave the RU basketball game Saturday evening.

Wow, this Weber State - JMU game has had some great plays. Weber fakes the QB dive and throws deep into double coverage for an insurance TD to go up 28-20 with 3:14 to go, followed by a huge kickoff return that sets JMU up near midfield.

And the game winning FG on the final play of regulation for JMU. Bummer - I was looking for the upset. Awesome game.

Now that my heart rate has returned to normal, I can just say that was a crazy 4th quarter. Gotta love playoff football, giving everything to survive another day. A lot of respect for Weber and what they’ve done this season.

Looking forward to watching tomorrow’s games!

Anyone notice former Scarlet Knight Ron'Dell Carter playing for JMU? He received some positive mentions by the announcers. Looked pretty good.

Reactions: OTBOTOR
So no upsets this weekend. Everyone who should have won, won.

Semifinals next weekend will feature:
  • SHSU at NDSU (should be a blowout), Friday night, 8 PM on ESPN 2
  • SDSU at JMU (should be a slugfest), Saturday afternoon, 4:30 PM on ESPN U
In addition to supporting my alma mater, JMU, I just really don't want to see the final come down to two teams from the MVFC. And a heavyweight rematch between NDSU and JMU in Frisco would be one for the ages, IMO. So, Go Dukes!

Reactions: MozRU
I watched KSU go down. The Sam Houston QB is very talented and they have a few good linemen on D. On the other hand, their uniforms are a butt ugly shade of orange.

I watched KSU go down. The Sam Houston QB is very talented and they have a few good linemen on D. On the other hand, their uniforms are a butt ugly shade of orange.

Their QB is ok until there's a bit of pressure, then he's slinging into the sidelines. Look for that to happen in Fargo Friday night. 55-6 is my score prediction for that game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT