ADVERTISEMENT

OT: FDA Calls For Halt On J&J Vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see they other 2 companies are also testing on a third vaccine for the varients.

Whoops!! The had a manufacturing plant shut down for contamination problems before. Looks like this current issue is related to blood clotting.

Edit: Don't mean to correlate the two. I had two different thoughts and hastily put them on the same post.

Last edited:
Whoops!! The had a manufacturing plant shut down for contamination problems. Looks like this is related to some blood clotting issues.
I didn't even consider that, who knows if they caught all the bad batches from that FUBAR, if that's the case that would actually be good news.

Whoops!! The had a manufacturing plant shut down for contamination problems. Looks like this is related to some blood clotting issues.
Is this a serious response? Not picking on you, just wondering if you are serious-link?

Not directed at you, but some have been dressed down by others on this forum for being reluctant to get vaccinated. As always, a personal choice on such a medical decision is just that- personal-just like recruits say- respect their decision, regardless of whether you disagree with it.

Last week, Europe’s medicines regulator said it found a possible link between the coronavirus vaccine developed by AstraZeneca and the University of Oxford and rare blood clotting issues. AstraZeneca has not received authorization for use in the U.S.

Both J&J and AstraZeneca use an adenovirus, a common type of virus that typically causes mild cold symptoms, in developing their Covid-19 vaccines.

Reminds me of when people refuse to get their annual flu shot. They point out the incredibly small number of people who have a bad reaction to the vaccine without considering the much larger number who die because they were not vaccinated. Simple probability. Like my ex-BIL who refused to wear a seat belt because he was worried that he would get trapped in the car if it were submerged in water. Makes zero sense.

Last edited:
Reminds me of when people refuse to get their annual flu shot. They point out the incredibly small number of people who have a bad reaction to the vaccine without considering the much larger number who die because they were not vaccinated. Simple probability. Like my ex-BIL who refused to wear a seat belt because he was worried that he would get trapped in the car is it were submerged in water. Makes zero sense.

not really, most people I know don't get the flu shot and they aren't shamed or pressured to get it. No talk of flu passports over the last 25 years either.

Seatbelts, how about dudes who ride without helmets

Reminds me of when people refuse to get their annual flu shot. They point out the incredibly small number of people who have a bad reaction to the vaccine without considering the much larger number who die because they were not vaccinated. Simple probability. Like my ex-BIL who refused to wear a seat belt because he was worried that he would get trapped in the car is it were submerged in water. Makes zero sense.
You would think your BIL would figure out that the seat belts would have a much greater chance of saving his life in an accident, compared to causing his death underwater

Reactions: Terry_2426
121,000,000 have received at least a 1st dose of vaccines in the US, 3,700,000 in NJ alone.

A year in and the US is still averaging 600 deaths a day.

It's a personal choice but the math is hard to argue with.

6 cases on 6.8 million doses.
You beat me to it. But the 6.8 million doses might be the ones delivered. Looks like maybe 4 million have been administered according to the first place I looked. Either way, 6 cases is minor to either numbers. Last November a study was published showing 20% of covid patients were diagnosed with deep vein thrombosis. With 31 million infected patients in the US, that means based on the study, there could be around 600,000 people with deep vein blood clots due to covid. At the current disclosed rate of clotting for J&J in relation to 31 million people, it would be expected that around 45 people would develop blood clots with the vaccine. 45 vs. 600,000. So far, no brainer to get vaccinated with respect J&J and blood clots only with early, limited data.

Sorry, but that appears to be a total guess on your part. What evidence do you have that these two things are linked?
As someone else said, I didn't mean to correlate the two. Just pointing out two issues with J&J. I thought the halt might have been due to manufacturing issues until I read the news reports this morning on the blood clots.

Reactions: RC1991
121,000,000 have received at least a 1st dose of vaccines in the US, 3,700,000 in NJ alone.

A year in and the US is still averaging 600 deaths a day.

It's a personal choice but the math is hard to argue with.
Its an easy choice if you are of a certain age or compromised in any way. Not such an easy choice if your healthy 18 year old is being forced by Rutgers to get that vaccine when they would most likely at worst get the sniffles if they got covid.

Of course the vaccines are going to save way more people than are hurt by side effects.

The thing is, most of the people the vaccine is saving have a life expectancy measured in months or a few years (based on the very elderly being the vast majority of the deaths) even without COVID being a factor, while many of the people hurt or killed by vaccine side effects had decades of life ahead of them and little risk of actually being hurt by Covid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT