ADVERTISEMENT

OT: First baseball game cancelled due to Covid.

Delaying it is the objective! Every day you or I do not get COVID-19, brings us one day closer to a possible vaccine.

This is a disease we do not want to get. Ask Freddie Freeman. If enough of us wear masks, maybe we won't have to.
Freeman played in all 3 games against the Mets. Not sure what you mean here.

Maybe Baseball is going for herd immunity within the league. Perhaps that is why Fauci took his mask off with 2 people seated right next to him.

MLB players are basically in a bubble and just need to be careful. Most of us are exposed to more people in our daily lives. Anyone who has been to a beach or a park is exposed more than MLB players are exposed. I haven’t been tested every day so I don’t know if I’ve had it. Those I know who have been tested did not have it. I only know one family of 3 who have had it and only one of them had symptoms for one day.

These organizations are really f****** up their covid procedures. How is it that NASCAR has had its top 3 series operating since May 17th with only 1 confirmed case from someone who is actively traveling to events and these stick and ball teams have infestations on all of their teams?

To put it into perspective, each nascar series has 36-40 teams competing with at least 10 team personnel traveling to the track. Thats at least 400 per series and at least 1200 for race weekends where the 3 series are competing at the same track. Factor in an additional 500 in essential support staff, and you get the picture.

For a sport like baseball where the nature of the game itself is socially distanced just makes no sense to me.
The players themselves are idiots. NASCAR laid out a plan and the race teams followed them. Baseball players deemed we're good and decided to do what they want. Now it's over, good job players. Collect your three game check and go sit home doing nothing.

Reactions: rurichdog

Maybe Baseball is going for herd immunity within the league. Perhaps that is why Fauci took his mask off with 2 people seated right next to him.

MLB players are basically in a bubble and just need to be careful. Most of us are exposed to more people in our daily lives. Anyone who has been to a beach or a park is exposed more than MLB players are exposed. I haven’t been tested every day so I don’t know if I’ve had it. Those I know who have been tested did not have it. I only know one family of 3 who have had it and only one of them had symptoms for one day.

Freeman had it and he said he thought he was going to die. Had fever of 104 on a few days.

Reactions: Greg2020
Freeman had it and he said he thought he was going to die. Had fever of 104 on a few days.
Gotcha. Yeah I had a bad case of food poisoning and was running 105 degrees. Ended up on ER for a day. I don’t wish that on anyone.

If baseball can't protect their players from the virus, I just don't see how the NFL and NCAA will either, the problem with football is the trenches, there is where transmission of the virus will be rampant.

Another issue is going to be the refs, this group is not a group of young turks, its older men who might be most vulnerable to the virus.

Hello Sweden! You are a wonderful country, but I'm afraid you got this one wrong. Nobody's perfect.
I don’t know if Sweden is right or wrong but they have suffered less deaths per million than their neighboring countries and certainly much less per million than NYC areas. NJ has suffered more than 3x deaths per million that Sweden suffered. Their curves look very good as well after the early surge.

Last edited:

Freeman said he thought he might not make it through the night at one point.

I don’t know if Sweden is right or wrong but they have suffered less deaths per million than many countries and certainly much less per million than NYC areas. NJ has suffered more than 3x deaths per million that Sweden suffered. Their curves look very good as well after the early surge.
Lol what Sweden is in the top 6 per capita in deaths per country. And in top 4 of conutiries with over 100,000 people.

Reactions: Kbee3
Yes experts have said even Numbers close to little risks

Here is the deal..this threat is everywhere and masks dont stop it...it just delays it

I am not sure "delay" is the right work. Nothing is going to 100% stop it, masks and washing help. But I don't think MLB has a strict policy on player actions but they do daily testing but I saw where a lot of teams are having a hard time getting timely results back.

What is this strict protocol? We are watching them on the field and in the dugouts without masks, and when in their home cities, they stay at home with their families
It's their own fault, then. Getting paid millions of dollars to play a game, and you're not telling your family and friends to keep away and not give you that godforsaken virus. I work in a freakin warehouse and had better in-home protocol than those guys with houses 10x the size as mine.

What is this strict protocol? We are watching them on the field and in the dugouts without masks, and when in their home cities, they stay at home with their families

Players living at home with their families for homestands seems like it will be an issue, just like w NFL.

NBA and NHL have smaller rosters and don’t travel so they can limit player contact with the outside world.

Players living at home with their families for homestands seems like it will be an issue, just like w NFL.

NBA and NHL have smaller rosters and don’t travel so they can limit player contact with the outside world.
NHL roster is only a few people smaller than mlb.

Reactions: Wolv RU
When Cespedes hit the big home run, the Mets dugout looked like a Long Beach Island lifeguard party. You could sense that the three announcers (the best in baseball) were biting their tongues as they watched. The season may be almost over. The way the Mets are starting, that could be a good thing. $$$$

Reactions: gmay8 and Greg2020
NJ, but why are you comparing one very densely populated state that has tons of foreign travel to it, and is next to the biggest international hub in the world to a whole country where many people live alone, not many travel to it, and it is not densely populated at all?
NJ, but why are you comparing one very densely populated state that has tons of foreign travel to it, and is next to the biggest international hub in the world to a whole country where many people live alone, not many travel to it, and it is not densely populated at all?

All I need to know was the first two letters. I didn't read the rest of your reply. Thanks.

When Cespedes hit the big home run, the Mets dugout looked like a Long Beach Island lifeguard party. You could sense that the three announcers (the best in baseball) were biting their tongues as they watched. The season may be almost over. The way the Mets are starting, that could be a good thing. $$$$
No they commented on it. I think it’s was Ron Darling who said “ social distancing just went out the window” and he didn’t sound upset by it either.

Reactions: dollarbill
NHL roster is only a few people smaller than mlb.

NHL rosters are 20-23 players, living in a hotel and not traveling for the rest of the season.

2020 MLB rosters are 60 players including the taxi squad. Teams travel to away cities and live at home during homestands.

You think the two situations are similar?

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
NHL rosters are 20-23 players, living in a hotel and not traveling for the rest of the season.

2020 MLB rosters are 60 players including the taxi squad. Teams travel to away cities and live at home during homestands.

NO I don't i was just saying the rosters are similar sizes. The taxi squad players aren't at the teams normal facility. The traveling and no bubble obviously makes a big difference.

I watched that and thought to myself with all the rules MLB put in place, there isn't one prohibiting group celebration after a big hit.

Either way I have been more exposed than both examples. I have been to beaches and parks and restaurants. I have been around people with and without masks. I think many Americans are more exposed than MLB players by a wide margin.

NHL rosters are 31 players presently, as far as the size of each team that traveled to their "bubble" in Edmonton or Toronto. There are also of course coaches and other staff.

MLB active rosters are 30. Teams are also allowed to take 3 additional taxi squad players on road trips.

Reactions: Terry_2426
Either way I have been more exposed than both examples. I have been to beaches and parks and restaurants. I have been around people with and without masks. I think many Americans are more exposed than MLB players by a wide margin.
And somehow 14 of 30 or so players got it...I don't think you are more exposed.

And somehow 14 of 30 or so players got it...I don't think you are more exposed.
If we all got tested every day we might see numbers like those. That’s my point. How many have had it and don’t know it? Thousands have been asymptomatic. Believe me I don’t want to get it. I’m just unsure of all the how’s and why’s. I don’t think anyone really has a firm grip on those.

I would bet my house that the kids who are out drinking a few nights a week are waaaay more exposed than MLB players. But they’re not being tested every day.

however once a single person in any bubble gets it that whole bubble likely gets it. Their everyday bubble is bigger than most of us so youre right in that scenario they’re more exposed.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT