ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Fix for reduced Charging speed on iphone - due to ios 16.1

slyker

Senior
Feb 2, 2002
Recent iphone upgrades to ios 16.1 has implemented a new feature that may be slowing down your charging rate thanks to the clean energy police at Apple.

Apple's iphone default setting is now slowing down your charge rates based on "availability of clean generated energy sources" You can turn this off within your settings and avoid this nuisance. Turned mine off this morning. It's in the battery health and charging area under the battery section of settings. Just turn off the clean energy charging.

Or see attached article in link below to DISABLE CLEAN ENERGY CHARGING

https://osxdaily.com/2023/02/11/how-disable-clean-energy-charging-iphone/

Last edited:
Thank you. Had no idea, just turned mine off.

If these dopes put this stuff in should be disabled by default - opt in.

CLEAN ENERGY CHARGING? Really. Aren’t all their stupid phones made in semi-slave labor camps in China?

Sounds like the next coming of low flow shower heads. Yeesh.

iPhones = Orwellian, CCP style, surveillance devices now worse than Android phones (that have to be designed for Open Handset Alliance consortium).

Jesus, now our phones are part of the nanny state?
It reminds me of my Subaru and the auto shutoff at idle when stopped. It allows you to temporarily disable it, but You cannot permanently disable the feature. Need to disable it every time you start the car. As an engineer, I cannot imagine the additional starts and restarts is not going to prematurely cause replacements of starters and battery components. It really irks me, and will definitely look elsewhere Next time I buy a car. If I knew this wasn’t something I could permanently disable, I wouldn’t have bought it in the first place.

Reactions: megadrone
It reminds me of my Subaru and the auto shutoff at idle when stopped. It allows you to temporarily disable it, but You cannot permanently disable the feature. Need to disable it every time you start the car. As an engineer, I cannot imagine the additional starts and restarts is not going to prematurely cause replacements of starters and battery components. It really irks me, and will definitely look elsewhere Next time I buy a car. If I knew this wasn’t something I could permanently disable, I wouldn’t have bought it in the first place.
As an engineer, if you're worried about fatigue cycles, perhaps an EV then?

But seriously aggregated load shifting has been happening for a while and will continue to happen. It just makes sense, instead of paying peak spot prices, you rather have consumers pay a bit less as a whole. Of course, individual phone charging is nothing but you it adds up by regional grid. It just so happens that clean energy is the one that drops the cost in the energy bid stack

Recent iphone upgrades to ios 16.1 has implemented a new feature that may be slowing down your charging rate thanks to the clean energy police at Apple.

Apple's iphone default setting is now slowing down your charge rates based on "availability of clean generated energy sources" You can turn this off within your settings and avoid this nuisance. Turned mine off this morning. It's in the battery health and charging area under the battery section of settings. Just turn off the clean energy charging.

Or see attached article in link below to DISABLE CLEAN ENERGY CHARGING

https://osxdaily.com/2023/02/11/how-disable-clean-energy-charging-iphone/

Well done sir.

clap.gif

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT