ADVERTISEMENT

OT: For those at The Shore- Island Beach State Park

Yes, bennies stay away. It is MY Beach from Labor Day until Memorial Day. My least favorite season is Summer so they can have it then.

Reactions: BigWill
I normally hit the OC boardwalk or beach at lunch for a walk, run or bike ride. They "closed" the beaches and boards, which I'm not sure why, maybe to discourage tourists. I did take a walk and every 20 minutes they have an announcement going over the loudspeakers saying the boardwalk is closed, please exit. There was maybe 10 people on the entire boardwalk, normally a Friday in spring with temps approaching 70, it would be pretty crowded, so I guess word got out.

And how many knuckleheads will ignore the 6 foot rule?

6 feet???? Currently, the wind speeds are 6 mph. Add to that the smokerers or vapers who want to share their delightful habit with you (aeresolizing the virus) and that shit can fly forever. 50 feet MIGHT be sufficient.

Is Chris Christie there?

I doubt it. Number one, he doesn't have special access to the governor's house I presume. And number two, if he returned to the place of one of his most infamous incidents, there could be a big media frenzy which he probably does not want.

Obtuse much ?

This is a guy that didn't think Rodney Dangerfield was funny, or doesn't know who he was....

Manasquan OEM has been practically begging people not to congregate in the area. They closed the beach walkway and entrances a week ago because of crowds but yesterday the streets in the area were full of people, much more than you'd normally see this time of year.

"Manasquan has 9 COVID19 cases" (pop 5800) "and many under quarantine. Please resist any urge to congregate and share with our youth as it undermines all of our sacrifices to date."

After Sandy we had State Troopers from La or was it Miss blocking the entrances east of the RR tracks.

For those not in the 'know' and I currently live 120 miles from Manasquan, Squan Tavern has closed for the time being/

In case my post started thousands to leave their homes and head to Manaquan….

Yes, bennies stay away. It is MY Beach from Labor Day until Memorial Day. My least favorite season is Summer so they can have it then.
Lots of beaches and boardwalks closed in Monmouth and Ocean Counties. Don't come down to the shore.
Yea because people are going to somehow infect the sand. This is dumb. It's not your beach.

Yea because people are going to somehow infect the sand. This is dumb. It's not your beach.

The issue was groups of people were hanging out together on the beach and boardwalks. You shouldn't be doing that anywhere, why should it be ok here? The rule applies to people who live here as well. With limited resources during the off season it's the only reasonable decision they could make.

Dumb? Who said it was our beach. Was merely relaying information that many beaches and boardwalks are closed. And apparently, many people too stupid to practice social distancing caused beach and boardwalk closures. It's not the sand, dummy. Go ahead, get in a car and drive down to find your favorite beach closed. Your welcome for the time-saving tip.

Reactions: BigWill
The issue was groups of people were hanging out together on the beach and boardwalks. You shouldn't be doing that anywhere, why should it be ok here? The rule applies to people who live here as well. With limited resources during the off season it's the only reasonable decision they could make.
Because rules don't apply when idiots from out of the area decide to make the beach towns their party town and playground. It's not their town, why should they care about the local residents?

Dumb? Who said it was our beach. Was merely relaying information that many beaches and boardwalks are closed. And apparently, many people too stupid to practice social distancing caused beach and boardwalk closures. It's not the sand, dummy. Go ahead, get in a car and drive down to find your favorite beach closed. Your welcome for the time-saving tip.
I go to lesser known beaches and I practice social distancing. It's not that hard. And obviously anyone driving from North Jersey can do the 1 minute of research to learn which beaches are and aren't open. And if you get down there and find out it isn't..you drive the 15-20 min to another beach.

You beach Beach boys get get so territorial with who visits. I'm just saying mind your own business.

I go to lesser known beaches and I practice social distancing. It's not that hard. And obviously anyone driving from North Jersey can do the 1 minute of research to learn which beaches are and aren't open. And if you get down there and find out it isn't..you drive the 15-20 min to another beach.
Still does not explain your salty response. You sound like a typical North Jersey idiot who does not respect the towns you visit. Stay home. Respectful visitors are always welcome at the shore.

Still does not explain your salty response. You sound like a typical North Jersey idiot who does not respect the towns you visit. Stay home. Respectful visitors are always welcome at the shore.
Oh yeah obviously visiting a beach means I'm kicking over garbage cans and coughing on people. You realize that if this conversation dealt with race and not location, your views on North Jersey people would be racist, right? Guess that makes you what? Locationist? "North Jersey people bad". What a shallow view.

Oh yeah obviously visiting a beach means I'm kicking over garbage cans and coughing on people. You realize that if this conversation dealt with race and not location, your views on North Jersey people would be racist, right? Guess that makes you what? Locationist?
Your posts get stranger and stranger.
You started in on my post, which was merely informational and meant to be helpful. Stop with the armchair/internet psychologist thing. You are failing and flailing. Enjoy your day. It's raining at the shore today. Maybe you will find an open, empty beach to enjoy. Have fun.

Reactions: JawnSzn

You beach Beach boys get get so territorial with who visits. I'm just saying mind your own business.

It is our business douche. I don't come to your town and tell you how to run it. What makes you think you're so damned special that you can tell us how to run ours?

Reactions: JawnSzn
Do those of us from south jersey are welcome then?

You South Jersey people believe in The Jersey Devil !

Satan worshipers, you even forced the Bennies to name a hockey team after your idol.

Worse than that root for the Eagles (not the band)

Reactions: RU_DIO
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT