ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Former Jet RB Joe McKnight murdered in road rage incident

Maybe I am naive but is that level of road rage common? I don't think I've ever seen anything worse than someone slap the hood of a car

Apparently the full witness report is that the guy literally dragged McKnight out of the car while he was trying to apologize, for whatever, shot him once then stood over him and continued to shoot while saying "I told you not to **** with me." WOW! SMH

Apparently the full witness report is that the guy literally dragged McKnight out of the car while he was trying to apologize, for whatever, shot him once then stood over him and continued to shoot while saying "I told you not to **** with me." WOW! SMH

I read that too, but I have a hard time believing that a 54 year old could drag Joe McKnight out of a car. Early reports are sometimes unreliable. Let's see how this story unfolds.

NEW ORLEANS AGAIN?!?

First Will Smith (Saints) gets slain over a road rage incident there, now Joe McKnight. What the hell man... McKnight was quite well off, im sure his insurance would have handled everything if that dude just calmed down. And to top it off he was just trying to apologize? No one deserves to die like this... especially over something as silly as a fender bender.

I remember him back from his USC days... this stinks. Another life thrown away over absolutely nothing.

I read that too, but I have a hard time believing that a 54 year old could drag Joe McKnight out of a car. Early reports are sometimes unreliable. Let's see how this story unfolds.

If someone angrily approaches your driver's side door brandishing a pistol, theyre dragging you wherever they please... It doesnt matter how much you could benchpress

but you are correct, in that there may be more to come of this story

Reactions: Rokodesh
Jesus latest is the guy, Ronald Glasser (54) stayed at the scene and gave his gun to the cops. Called it a "badge of honor." What a piece of human filth. SMH

54 saying it's a badge of honor? Wow, real winner. Feed him to ISIS.

Now there's a GREAT idea. Put murderers and rapists in the same prison as jihadists and let them all kill each other. It could be a prison version of "The Hunger Games."

Reactions: Plum Street
here's our suspect, hope he gets the chair

Alleged-picture-of-road-rage-attacker-Ronald-Gasser.jpg

Reactions: RUaMoose
Maybe I am naive but is that level of road rage common? I don't think I've ever seen anything worse than someone slap the hood of a car
In Houston, I remember killings due to road rage in the news. I also witnessed someone coming out of his car and punching a man in the face several times while he sat at a red light with a kid in his car. Another time, I saw a car do a u turn on a Main Street at high speed trying to get away from another car because the guy was so scared.

Don't get me started about Florida.

Reactions: brgRC90
First and foremost, deepest condolences to McKnight's family and many friends.

To the more general issue of guns and road rage. Years ago you could get into it with other drivers. You flip them the bird, they flip you the bird, you both move on. We live in a different world today so it is best to not respond to anybody cutting you off, tailgating you or anything else. There are two many angry and crazy people out there.

And again, this just reinforces my belief that the answer to law and order is not to have more guns out there. Chicago just surpassed 700 dead by gunshot for the year. And please don't come back with this 2nd Amendment crap. There was more shootings in Chicago this year than in all of Europe.

In Houston, I remember killings due to road rage in the news. I also witnessed someone coming out of his car and punching a man in the face several times while he sat at a red light with a kid in his car. Another time, I saw a car do a u turn on a Main Street at high speed trying to get away from another car because the guy was so scared.

Don't get me started about Florida.

I spent almost 20 years driving into NYC and driving on roads like the LIE but have never experienced anything like driving in South Florida.

Reactions: brgRC90
I spent almost 20 years driving into NYC and driving on roads like the LIE but have never experienced anything like driving in South Florida.
It could be the heat and humidity or the fact you can buy single beer at a 7-11 or circle K when you're driving home from work.

That's odd, to say the least. Something ain't right here, most likely the news reports.

The shooter was released and I assume McKnight might have approached the shooter but the shooter shot him a second time while standing over him.

Here's another crazy story in New Orleans.

http://nypost.com/2016/12/02/teen-shot-struck-by-car-for-helping-dying-woman/

Not condoning any of this......I believe the reason Gasser (the guy that shot McKnight) was released is that Louisiana is a stand your ground state. That is why he was released and the incident is under investigation........

http://thebiglead.com/2016/12/02/joe-mcknight-stand-your-ground-law-louisiana/

Florida and Louisiana has stand your ground law. Which other states have this law? I'm assuming most are in the South.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT