ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Frasier is back!!

Ronnie_B

All American
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2011
One of the great sitcoms of all time:

Hopefully they can catch that magic it did years ago, still one of the funniest lines ever heard:

Will and Grace proved that a reboot was a bad idea...good luck to Kelsey and Co...

no dad so that’s sad

Reactions: megadrone
Love the story about how John Ratzenberger came to be on the show.

I used to love when WPIX Channel 11 in NY would air Cheers/Honeymooners back to back after 11PM on weeknights. I went to school groggy many times due to that!

My favorite Frasier episode was the one where they were shocked to learn that their dad liked to watch Antiques Roadshow. They all wind up watching it and drinking every time they hear the word, "Veneer!"

Reactions: Ronnie_B
Well it seems like Kelsey will be the only one reprising his role from the originals series.

I can see this working if you turn Frasier into "Marty" and Frederick is the new Frasier.

Unfortunately these shows that were great back in the day usually don't work today because the writing is not nearly as good and even if it was it would get cancelled because someone would be offended.

Unfortunately these shows that were great back in the day usually don't work today because the writing is not nearly as good and even if it was it would get cancelled because someone would be offended.
All white cast, no one playing as gay or trans. You have a point there. But there was nothing especially controversial.. it was based in liberal Seattle afterall. I wonder how Frasier would have reacted to the State of CHAZ.. perhaps we shall see? Doubt it.

Still.. fantastic show. The English farce type play is a favorite of mine and this show was like that most every episode.

All white cast, no one playing as gay or trans. You have a point there. But there was nothing especially controversial.. it was based in liberal Seattle afterall. I wonder how Frasier would have reacted to the State of CHAZ.. perhaps we shall see? Doubt it.

Still.. fantastic show. The English farce type play is a favorite of mine and this show was like that most every episode.

You do realize that Frasier was pretty revolutionary in terms of the Gay and Lesbian community with how they were represented?

Reactions: MADHAT1
You do realize that Frasier was pretty revolutionary in terms of the Gay and Lesbian community with how they were represented?
So was will and Grace and more than half the jokes told in that series would never fly today and would offend the crap out of many white straight people! As a gay guy, I find most gay jokes from that era hilarious, but nowadays they would not air.

Remember when Kelsey showed up at the RAC last year? I thought this thread was gonna be about that, ha. There was a pic posted on this site of him with Pike I believe.

They had quite a few actors that were gay in the show and many episodes that centered around gay characters.

5 times in 264 episodes? Point remains.. its a show about white guys. I loved it.. but today you see all manner of movies and shows adjusting their cast and characters and subject matter to appear to be "woke" and shows like Frasier just don't measure up tot he new standards. Consider how films have to pass a test for use of minority involvement in order to be eligible for an academy award. Its a new world.

5 times in 264 episodes? Point remains.. its a show about white guys. I loved it.. but today you see all manner of movies and shows adjusting their cast and characters and subject matter to appear to be "woke" and shows like Frasier just don't measure up tot he new standards. Consider how films have to pass a test for use of minority involvement in order to be eligible for an academy award. Its a new world.
Nah, there was more than that, they just covered five of them, off the top of my head there was the episode where Martin had to act gay because Frasier was trying to pick up a lady from the opera whose older male friend was gay and liked Martin, there was the episode when David Ogden Stiers played a gay man who was a former colleague of Martin's wife, the running jokes about Gil Chesterton being gay when he was in fact married to a women. There is plenty more and it was no surprise as I said before with the several actors on the show (including the actor who played Bulldog) being gay.

Nah, there was more than that, they just covered five of them, off the top of my head there was the episode where Martin had to act gay because Frasier was trying to pick up a lady from the opera whose older male friend was gay and liked Martin, there was the episode when David Ogden Stiers played a gay man who was a former colleague of Martin's wife, the running jokes about Gil Chesterton being gay when he was in fact married to a women. There is plenty more and it was no surprise as I said before with the several actors on the show (including the actor who played Bulldog) being gay.
Did no tknow that about bulldog.. but I guess we will see when we see what the new Frasier has in store for us.

Reactions: Ronnie_B
ADVERTISEMENT