ADVERTISEMENT

OT: French Toast or Pancakes?

Which one do you like better?

• Pancakes

Votes: 41 49.4%
  • French Toast

Votes: 42 50.6%

• Total voters
"pancake" is too aggressive a concept. And if you're "toast" it's even worse, as in the French army is always toast.
Leftover pizza with sausage and onion.
(am I banned from other threads. If you're technically handicapped, how can you tell here?)
Let's see. Pancake Biden.

The family just loves Uncle Bill's, although I prefer Oves - I also don't recall spending more than about $60 for 4 though. Didn't rent this year due to COVID, but debating doing something in the next few weeks, as it's less crowded - does your daughter still work at Oves in the off season?

You know we've never tried to do pancakes at a tailgate, but if we ever do, that would be the one tailgate we couldn't invite you to, given this barbaric practice. 😉

Seriously. You gotta add an extra pancake + some egg with cheese and go ultimate breakfast sandwich - everything good about breakfast in one easy-eat serving. Waffles work even better, and French toast nice on occasion.

The family just loves Uncle Bill's, although I prefer Oves - I also don't recall spending more than about $60 for 4 though. Didn't rent this year due to COVID, but debating doing something in the next few weeks, as it's less crowded - does your daughter still work at Oves in the off season?

You know we've never tried to do pancakes at a tailgate, but if we ever do, that would be the one tailgate we couldn't invite you to, given this barbaric practice. 😉

Oves closes in about a week or 2. THey had their last lunch/dinner yesterday but will continue breakfast for another couple weeks depending on how busy it is. She just started her student teaching this week so she will only be on weekends until they close.

Beaches are looking LARGE, they just finished replenishing from 15th street all the way north to Waverly. You can probably get a good deal on rentals this month.

BTW, one of my staples when we went camping with BSA or just with my friends was Aunt Jemima (can i say that still?) frozen french toast with brown and serve sausage, basically rolled up in hot dog fashion.

Normally it is french toast all the way, but when my son's Boy Scout troop goes camping we do pancakes. Given the truism that everything tastes better with bacon, we make bacon pancakes. Not bacon and pancakes. but bacon in pancakes. On a cold morning in the woods, nothing much better.

To follow on Newell's post and given teenage boy's lack of interest in having to clean more than absolutely necessary, normally said pancakes are eaten straight off the grill with some syrup poured over them and then rolled and eaten(no plates or utensils needed).

Reactions: fsg2 and Jm0513
Normally it is french toast all the way, but when my son's Boy Scout troop goes camping we do pancakes. Given the truism that everything tastes better with bacon, we make bacon pancakes. Not bacon and pancakes. but bacon in pancakes. On a cold morning in the woods, nothing much better.

To follow on Newell's post and given teenage boy's lack of interest in having to clean more than absolutely necessary, normally said pancakes are eaten straight off the grill with some syrup poured over them and then rolled and eaten(no plates or utensils needed).
Teenage girls try to eat over the kitchen sink until OCD mean mom catches her. She thinks the smushie faced dog is a vacuum and she won't get caught. Lol

Teenage girls try to eat over the kitchen sink until OCD mean mom catches her. She thinks the smushie faced dog is a vacuum and she won't get caught. Lol
Don't worry, its not just teenage girls. My college senior daughter was home too long due to covid and she was teaching my 15 year old son a thing or two about work avoidance......

Paper plates are good for lack of dishes, too ..and make good tinder to boot!

Breakfast burritos are my go-to camping breakfast, but pancakes with bacon are a second. Unless I don't feel like cooking, then it's pop-tarts (which are also good for lunch, dinner and late night snack).

Reactions: m1ipabrams
Anyone ever have frybread, bammy,spoonbread, or fryjack for breakfast. Are any of them good? I will eat a lot of bad food, but even I won’t eat scrapple.

Depends on where i'm at, keeping it real I only eat pancakes at Chips which is located in Orange CT. By far the best pancakes I've ever had, they use nutmeg in the mix AMAZING

Saw an ad for liquid peanut butter, and one of the things they did with it was pour it over pancakes. Have made pancakes that mixed peanut butter into the batter. Turned out well.

Paper plates are good for lack of dishes, too ..and make good tinder to boot!

Breakfast burritos are my go-to camping breakfast, but pancakes with bacon are a second. Unless I don't feel like cooking, then it's pop-tarts (which are also good for lunch, dinner and late night snack).
Pop Tart thread! From 6th through 12th grades, my lunch every day I ate at home (we were on split sessions and somehow my class was the morning one each year; I did eat lunch at school when I was playing sports, since practice was in the afternoon) was two Oscar Meyer hotdogs on white bread with mustard and 2 Pop Tarts - blueberry or strawberry only, sometimes plain, sometimes frosted and sometimes toasted and sometimes not - and a couple of large glasses of milk. I've probably still eaten about 2-3 two-packs of Pop Tarts per week since then.

Reactions: fsg2
Another option - hoecakes, a cornmeal based pancake. My mom used to make them, eat with honey. Unfortunately, not the wife’s cup of tea so I haven’t had in years. If I weren’t so lazy, I’d look up the recipe and make for myself.

Every Sunday morning I make my multi-grain blueberry pancakes. I voted pancakes.

I prefer Browns to Ove's on the boardwalk in OC.
Actually, while in South Jersey, I prefer to get my fix of SOS over pancakes or French Toast.

For those, the best are here in New Hampshire. Not even close.
Parkers Maple Barn

I rather have a Taylor ham, egg on a bagel or suguare

You wonder why America is obese? Butter and syrup are a good combination. On top of that Taylor ham, egg and cheese on a bagel. I will on occasion, once every two months, have Sausage, eggs, hash browns and toast. I normally don’t have breakfast because of the intermittent diet.

Not eating at proper times, FORCES your body to crave and you eat more than eating small portions at a regular small interval.

Have anyone have had "Mexican French Toast" (sorry dont remember it's real name on the menu) from La Taqueria on Grove Street, Jersey City? I dont know if it was the syrup or something they put in the sliced Portuguese Roll that they used for this, it was SPICY HOT AF!!!!!!! Between that, some fish tacos, and some Coronas, that was one hell of a brunch!!!!

Many years ago back in mid to late 50’s French Toast we made with WB ... then challah...still use challah and recently brioche... love both pancakes and French Toast ...can eat them morning, noon or late night...

French toast but, once you add the myriad toppings available it really doesn’t make a big difference.

ADVERTISEMENT