ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Gambling question

MJ never took such advice 😂, even had to pretend to want to play baseball to cover up his gambling suspension
Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

speaking of gambling and looking at Ohtani's translator. They say he has gambled 187 mil and winnings of 140 mil- so a negative 40 mil...people ask how any illegal bookie would allow it to continue...imaging the vig his guy was pulling in with him. Thank is just some crazy shit.

I had an old boss that had his booking in the late 90's early 2000's...he was betting anywhere from 50k-100k a week. sometime win and lot of times lose. And funny thing was- he always said losing was more exciting and what kept him gambling...
Anyway- at one point, he wanted to stop the dufflebags of money back and forth with his guy- The booking was also a vendor of our company. And the accountant for the business, had the "brilliant" idea for the boss to pay the losses as AP and wins as AR in the books. ****ing idiots.
Of course- the County had the booking on their radar and tapped everything- including phone and bank.
Next thing we know- get a call from one of the ladies at work- "don't come into the office today"
Ends up- they did a full sweep of everyone- the bookie and his business, our company and if anyone remembers around 2005/6 when The Satan Dolls(badabing) owners and bouncers were caught up in a gambling ring) - this was it.
The charged my boss with money laundering and promoting gambling- because he would take bets from other sales people and add it to his bets.
Our business outside of his gambling was 100% legit and I had helped build it from $6 mil in 98 to over $140 mil when this happened. They froze everything except our AP, payroll and health.
Our competitors all ran to our big corporate accounts with the front page of the newspaper with our owner's face on it- we lost almost all business over night.

The kick in the ass to our owner- they had also seized $5 mil from his personal account. And not one other defendant had any capital that they could seize. Since the state wanted to keep that $5 mil- even though he was the least guilty, they went after him hardest.

It is why I have always hated sports betting and so glad I was not involved with it at the time with him.
Back in the day when I won big money...big money back in the 80's was 5K. I made sure I got paid in a public place. Wanted to keep the money I won. Not that the mobbies would take it, bad for business but never trusted the runner

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT