ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Game of Thrones - Final Season Thread (spoilers)

Not a good feel for final ruler so I'll go with John to reluctantly be left to pick up the pieces with his newborn heir.

Bran and Danny to eventually die.

Once Cersei is left with no allies or power, she'll take her own life or will ask Tyrion to do it for her.

Not a good feel for final ruler so I'll go with John to reluctantly be left to pick up the pieces with his newborn heir.

Bran and Danny to eventually die.

Once Cersei is left with no allies or power, she'll take her own life or will ask Tyrion to do it for her.
Interesting stuff. The "Bran is the Night King" theory has gotten a lot of traction recently. As per the prophecy, I think Jaime or Tyrion will kill Cersei (choke her out). Otherwise, no idea who will end up ruler.

Interesting stuff. The "Bran is the Night King" theory has gotten a lot of traction recently. As per the prophecy, I think Jaime or Tyrion will kill Cersei (choke her out). Otherwise, no idea who will end up ruler.
I think most would agree Bran was not and interesting character last season, so I see him being knocked off. They'll need to knock off a beloved main character so Danny seems to fit there. Cersei will die in a tragic, unexpected way, feeding the fans what they want.

I think most would agree Bran was not and interesting character last season, so I see him being knocked off. They'll need to knock off a beloved main character so Danny seems to fit there. Cersei will die in a tragic, unexpected way, feeding the fans what they want.

Since HBO is handling the writing now you are problem right. If George martin is still in charge Cersei will probably end up on the throne!

Since HBO is handling the writing now you are problem right. If George martin is still in charge Cersei will probably end up on the throne!
GRRM mapped out everything for HBO once the series overran the books.

I'm brushing up on my Game of Thrones as we speak. This is really the only show I've gotten into in quite a few years and I'm addicted. So today is no farm duties from here on out, just couch and HBO.

I'm going way off the trail and say Lady Mormount ends up on the Iron Throne, the King Slayer kills his sister/lover, and ever major character other than Brienne, Sam, Gilly, and Missandi, get the funeral fire treatment.

In other words I have absolutely no freekin idea.

Reactions: MidwestKnights
Got this for Christmas been saving it for today. Ommegang GOT

46692666355_7bfd6e2d44_c.jpg

I'm going way off the trail and say Lady Mormount ends up on the Iron Throne, the King Slayer kills his sister/lover, and ever major character other than Brienne, Sam, Gilly, and Missandi, get the funeral fire treatment.

In other words I have absolutely no freekin idea.

Lady mormont doesnt even exist in the books fyi.

I mean she exists but doesnt really do anything and isnt the lady of house mormont as her predecessor is still alive

Gendry ends up on the throne. Immediately others start plotting his demise. Fade to black.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Final Scene
After the Night King is defeated Jon sits down for a meal. The main characters come through Winterfell's gates one by one while musicians play an old tune. After they are all seated Jon tells the servant to fetch onion rings for all and looks to the gate one last time as you hear it open.
The movie cuts out at that point

Final Scene
After the Night King is defeated Jon sits down for a meal. The main characters come through Winterfell's gates one by one while musicians play an old tune. After they are all seated Jon tells the servant to fetch onion rings for all and looks to the gate one last time as you hear it open.
The movie cuts out at that point
Last scene - Jon defeats the Night King, he sits down for a meal with the remaining Starks in Winterfell, Journey music playing in the background, Arya is having trouble parking her horse. Some random dude gets up in the grand hall and walks by Jon. As Jon is speaking to Sansa, the screen go black in the middle of his sentence.
:)

Overlooked in all this GOT stuff is the really important bit.

THERE'S GONNA BE A DEADWOOD MOVIE!!!!!

its a shame this can't be liked more than once

I am pretty sure GOT has a prequel sere sin the works, but it would seem with the fanbase and enough back story could start a movie franchise

its a shame this can't be liked more than once

I am pretty sure GOT has a prequel sere sin the works, but it would seem with the fanbase and enough back story could start a movie franchise
The prequel is soooo far back... from the rumors.. like the first whitewalker war... that's a mistake, imho, they should have done the Dunc and Egg stories (The Hedge Night stories)... then moved onto a bigger series. If you do not know the stories, GRRM wrote from short stories about a hedge night.. if you think of the stories of Brienne and Pod.. or The Hound and Arya.. or the 2001 Heath Ledger movie Knight's Tale.. they would be along those lines.. a knight and squire's adventures.

I am looking forward to Deadwood.. but I also thought that series was losing it a bit at the end... I hope they wrap it up as well as the series "Firefly" did with the movie "Serenity". I will have to binge me some Deadwood in the coming months.

I thought this GoT episode was pretty good.. but how could they not have a shot of Jon turning to his mother's statue down in the crypt when he got the news? Isn't that why he got the news down in the crypt? So obvious... and they didn't do it.. would have been powerful.

How could he not say.. "I've been banging my aunt?" Or go.. "Ohhhh that's why the dragons' like me". Or earlier.. thinking about his dear friend Samwell.. "Sorry my boo burned your father and brother.. I guess you are Lord Tarly now... ".

Last edited:
The prequel is soooo far back... from the rumors.. like the first whitewalker war... that's a mistake, imho, they should have done the Dunc and Egg stories (The Hedge Night stories)... then moved onto a bigger series. If you do not know the stories, GRRM wrote from short stories about a hedge night.. if you think of the stories of Brienne and Pod.. or The Hound and Arya.. or the 2001 Heath Ledger movie Knight's Tale.. they would be along those lines.. a knight and squire's adventures.

I am looking forward to Deadwood.. but I also thought that series was losing it a bit at the end... I hope they wrap it up as well as the series "Firefly" did with the movie "Serenity". I will have to binge me some Deadwood in the coming months.

I thought this GoT episode was pretty good.. but how could they not have a shot of Jon turning to his mother's statue down in the crypt when he got the news? Isn't that why he got the news down in the crypt? So obvious... and they didn't do it.. would have been powerful.

How could he not say.. "I've been banging my aunt?" Or go.. "Ohhhh that's why the dragons' like me". Or earlier.. thinking about his dear friend Samwell.. "Sorry my boo burned your father and brother.. I guess you are Lord Tarly now... ".
First stage - denial
Second stage - dragons
Third stage - oh crap, my aunt!
Fourth stage - I'm the true King!!!

Some good one-liners:

Tyrion (noticably cold) to Varys; "You should consider yourself lucky you dont have balls"

Qyburn: "Poor girl, will be dead from the pox within a year"
Bron: "Which one?"

Last edited:
So much? I must have missed a lot. They made us wait years for only 6 episodes and that's what we got. A dragon joyride and Sam telling Jon a secret we already knew. Want to tell me what else happened that was so riveting?

You're not a writer, it would appear.

The idea is to begin pulling on all the lines that draw the net.
  • All the living Starks have been assembled at Winterfell
  • Jorah Mormont is reunited with his house
  • Samwell has convinced the maesters of the Citadel to pay attention to the coming Long Night and has traveled to Winterfell, where he learns that Daenerys has executed his father and brother and where he informs Jon of his true heritage. From a script writing perspective, the discord that establishes so early on is a bit surprising.
  • Jon has ridden a dragon. Per the above point, given that there will now be some level of disharmony between the two surviving Targaryens and both are now dragon riders, there's the possibility of another Dance of Dragons - above and beyond the conflict with the Night King.
  • Theon rescues his sister, who foreshadows the importance of the Iron Islands as "someplace the dead can't get to." Meanwhile, Euron has finally succeeded in bedding Cersei - his loyalties are now in question since he's done the one thing he set out to do, as foreshadowed in his conversation with Yara before her escape.
  • Arya's request of Gendry shows us that she will be in the midst of some battle with the White Walkers - the weapon she has asked him to make is awesome and she will wind up fighting alongside the Hound, who now has an ax of dragon glass.
  • Sansa continues to strengthen as a character. She's a solid candidate for ascension to the Iron Throne when all is said and done.
In evaluating 54 minutes of television the question to ask is, "Is there wasted energy - is there any one scene that appears to have no value?" The answer to that question is "no".

• Samwell has convinced the maesters of the Citadel to pay attention to the coming Long Night and has traveled to Winterfell, where he learns that Daenerys has executed his father and brother and where he informs Jon of his true heritage. From a script writing perspective, the discord that establishes so early on is a bit surprising.
  • Jon has ridden a dragon. Per the above point, given that there will now be some level of disharmony between the two surviving Targaryens and both are now dragon riders, there's the possibility of another Dance of Dragons - above and beyond the conflict with the Night King.
  • Theon rescues his sister, who foreshadows the importance of the Iron Islands as "someplace the dead can't get to." Meanwhile, Euron has finally succeeded in bedding Cersei - his loyalties are now in question since he's done the one thing he set out to do, as foreshadowed in his conversation with Yara before her escape.
  • Arya's request of Gendry shows us that she will be in the midst of some battle with the White Walkers - the weapon she has asked him to make is awesome and she will wind up fighting alongside the Hound, who now has an ax of dragon glass.
  • Sansa continues to strengthen as a character. She's a solid candidate for ascension to the Iron Throne when all is said and done.
In evaluating 54 minutes of television the question to ask is, "Is there wasted energy - is there any one scene that appears to have no value?" The answer to that question is "no".
Will post a mic drop gif to this when I get to work! :)

Some evidence from earlier that these aren't the only two surviving Targaryens, since Tywin implied in his death scene that Tyrion might not be a Lannister and the dragons didn't kill Tyrion when he entered their chamber seasons back.

Also, couldn't help but think during the scene where Bronn is being given the crossbow to kill Tyrion and Jaime, that it is a foreshadowing of how Cersei is actually going to die.

Agree, but what about the waterfall scene. Pure Loveboat. Like that they went back to their roots and threw in a raunchy sex scene.

Last scene - Jon defeats the Night King, he sits down for a meal with the remaining Starks in Winterfell, Journey music playing in the background, Arya is having trouble parking her horse. Some random dude gets up in the grand hall and walks by Jon. As Jon is speaking to Sansa, the screen go black in the middle of his sentence.
:)

Jon is sleeping. He wakes to a noise coming from down the hall. He grabs his sword and goes to investigate. He opens a door only to find Ned Stark taking a bath.

Realizes it was all only a dream.

Jon is sleeping. He wakes to a noise coming from down the hall. He grabs his sword and goes to investigate. He opens a door only to find Ned Stark taking a bath.

Realizes it was all only a dream.
BOOM! Love it.
[thumb2]

Typical 1st ep. Just a catching up ep. Some really nice moments peppered in. Like going up the tracks on a roller coaster.

But with only 5 Eps left to wrap this all up, it should be crazy from here on out.

Typical 1st ep. Just a catching up ep. Some really nice moments peppered in. Like going up the tracks on a roller coaster.

But with only 5 Eps left to wrap this all up, it should be crazy from here on out.
We already know that the season (probably episode 5) contains the longest running battle in film history (movies or TV). It clocks in a little longer that LotRs Two Towers. This battle took 55 days to film!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/0/game-thrones-battle-winterfell-know-longest-battle-scene-ever/

https://www.cnet.com/news/game-of-thrones-filmed-longest-battle-in-show-history-hbo/

There are several excellent points being made in this thread about more happening in the episode then meets the eye, and in his review today Sepinwall reinforces this view. From the article:

Surely, some viewers sided with Bran and screamed for Season Eight to get on with it already, but Thrones has always been defined as much by the calm as by the chaos that follows. For every big moment we talk about for years after like the Red Wedding or the bombing of the Sept of Baelor, there are dozens upon dozens of scenes like the ones here, involving characters telling stories and taking each other’s measure. It’s those scenes that build the foundation on which the spectacle gets to stand. Ned Stark’s death means far less if we haven’t gotten to see him having so many small conversations with his daughters, his friends and his enemies.

My only gripe really is the lack of urgency and shock.

Consider this:
Dragons
Undead army
undread dragon
Jon Snow resurected
Wall has fallen
White Walkers exist
Jon RIDING a dragon through winterfell

Yea and no one seems to be in a full blown panic and running south. I mean I thought you'd see people freaking out trying to leave, some conflict in that sense.

Instead you got people bitching at Jon for giving up King in the North and Sansa complaining about food when they all may be dead in a week, even though they got a massive fight coming for which they need the giant army.

I love show but this lack of urgency and panic in the face of complete anhilation is screwed up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT