ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Game of Thrones Season 7 Thread

Maybe I need a refresher, but I'm not sure what you are saying is conclusive. Joffrey ordered Ned to be beheaded mostly because he was a loose cannon. Not even Cersie wanted Ned beheaded after they forced his confession. I guess you are saying that there is proof that LF orchestrated this and knew it would happen. This is what you are basing most of your argument on.

LF guided Ned to Gendry.. Roberts bastard.. and provided info that all Roberts bastards were being killed. Knowing Ned would figure it out.. that all of Roberts bastards.. hence all of his children.. had dark hair.. thus proving that the rumors of Cersei and Jamie were true and Joffrey was a product of incest and thus no true Baratheon heir.

When LF saw that Ned was going to use that info he tried to get him to wait.. purportedly so they could USE the information for their own gain.. but I think LF wanted to trade that knowledge to Cersei.. so he convinced Ned to wait a day so he could help get the Kings Guard behind Ned... when he was doing the exact opposite. He knew that honorable Ned Stark would take his suggestion of using that information for extortion as a personal affront and make him move with that information even faster than he should.

Yes.. I think LF set this whole thing in motion with the killing of John Arynn.. knowing that Robert would go to Ned to become Hand of the King (or influencing him in any number of ways to get him to do that).. He knew Ned would come to Kings Landing as Hand of the King and he could them manipulate him into losing his head.

Ned tells Cersei that he knows the big secret and that drives Cersei to get cousin Lancel Lannister... Robert's Cup Bearer (probably a job Cersei got him) to serve him stronger wine and a lot of it during the boar hunt that ended up killing him. LF had to know that getting Ned this info would drive Cersei to kill Robert... if only to protect herself, Jamie and the kids.

LF is behind it all.

Last edited:
sadly, since ep 6 has been leaked. urgh, in order to avoid spoilers by any trolls that may post them and screen grabs in this thread, I will no longer check in on this thread or post here until after the eps airs on Sunday.

Anyone who rather see things unfold in real time might want to do the same.

sadly, since ep 6 has been leaked. urgh, in order to avoid spoilers by any trolls that may post them and screen grabs in this thread, I will no longer check in on this thread or post here until after the eps airs on Sunday.

Anyone who rather see things unfold in real time might want to do the same.
Yes I heard a very significant event for this weeks episode from my brother and I wanted to strangle him. I'm with you.

Reactions: MikeR0102
Yes I heard a very significant event for this weeks episode from my brother and I wanted to strangle him. I'm with you.
Thanks for the heads up Scourge.. like with the first leaked episode.. I will avoid talk of GoT until next episode airs.

LF guided Ned to Gendry.. Roberts bastard.. and provided info that all Roberts bastards were being killed. Knowing Ned would figure it out.. that all of Roberts bastards.. hence all of his children.. had dark hair.. thus proving that the rumors of Cersei and Jamie were true and Joffrey was a product of incest and thus no true Baratheon heir.

When LF saw that Ned was going to use that info he tried to get him to wait.. purportedly so they could USE the information for their own gain.. but I think LF wanted to trade that knowledge to Cersei.. so he convinced Ned to wait a day so he could help get the Kings Guard behind Ned... when he was doing the exact opposite. He knew that honorable Ned Stark would take his suggestion of using that information for extortion as a personal affront and make him move with that information even faster than he should.

Yes.. I think LF set this whole thing in motion with the killing of John Arynn.. knowing that Robert would go to Ned to become Hand of the King (or influencing him in any number of ways to get him to do that).. He knew Ned would come to Kings Landing as Hand of the King and he could them manipulate him into losing his head.

Ned tells Cersei that he knows the big secret and that drives Cersei to get cousin Lancel Lannister... Robert's Cup Bearer (probably a job Cersei got him) to serve him stronger wine and a lot of it during the boar hunt that ended up killing him. LF had to know that getting Ned this info would drive Cersei to kill Robert... if only to protect herself, Jamie and the kids.

LF is behind it all.

That's a lot of speculation.

One last thing regarding LF and then I'll let it go. Last week he said to Sansa (in an overly-dramatic, riddle-like fashion, of course) "Be prepared for all scenarios, that way you won't be surprised when they unfold".

Sounds like good advise.

Deadspin posted a synopsis of the leaked episode. I got halfway through the spoiler warning paragraphs and decided to stop reading any further and wait until Sunday nite.

I discuss the show on another forum as well. Someone posted a "theory" that actually is a spoiler from the episode. It's going to be hard to avoid hearing anything more.

House of Schiano should have asked Arthur Dayne's son, Ron, to bend the knee.

During Lord Terrance Shea's rule of the riverlands, it is thought that he unsuccessfully attempted to sway house Dayne to our cause. It is also rumored that Lord Shea, not being the brightest of fellows, did not recognize the talents of Ron and did not even try. It is unclear exactly what happened, and is not documented in Maester Bings records. Ron, of course, went on to be Legendary and there are many songs sung about him. It should be noted that Ron should not be referenced to as Sir Ron. He was not a Knight, but chose to be a Badger (he was a warg). Luckily the riverlands rebelled and Lord Shea was beheaded the next year.

I was able to find the leaked episode on line. All I have to say is the last 15 seconds of the episode is the biggest game changer of the series. Think "Nazis get a nuke"....

I was able to find the leaked episode on line. All I have to say is the last 15 seconds of the episode is the biggest game changer of the series. Think "Nazis get a nuke"....

Reading between the lines I think you're going where my daughter predicted to me the other night. It's a real game changer for sure.

Nazis get a nuke! Now that wouldn't be good...unless you're a neo-Nazi.

Just to continue a distraction from talking about next week's leaked episode. Here is one that I've heard from the Singers form the Riverlands (not Ed Sherenan).

Sir Glenn Foley once said that the Riverlands stink
But if he saw us today, well then what would he think
Sir Glenn, if I saw you, I'd give you a duel
And upon my victory, I'd make you my fool
Oh the gibes towards the Riverlands, they sometimes grow old
Now Lord Ash only re-cruits the Knights that are bold

Now sing along

Sir Glenn Foley once said ......

Last edited:
Don't post spoilers.
Agreed , please don't post spoilers. But I will bite and guess the White Walkers have their own dragon.

Even though I am a fan, the writers, IMO, are screwing this show up. they seem to want to "shock" the viewers and throw curve balls in the shows just to get another season out of it. LAst year they spent way too much time on Ayra and this year people and armies are traveling like they live a day away from each other. Bottom line, sail to Kings Landing have the three Dragons circle overhead ask for surrender , give quarter to those wanting to switch sides, if not burn the building that Cersie is in. LAst but not least will someone just friggin kill LF. Enough of his face in the background.

Reactions: MYHATINTHERING
Agreed , please don't post spoilers. But I will bite and guess the White Walkers have their own dragon.

Even though I am a fan, the writers, IMO, are screwing this show up. they seem to want to "shock" the viewers and throw curve balls in the shows just to get another season out of it. LAst year they spent way too much time on Ayra and this year people and armies are traveling like they live a day away from each other. Bottom line, sail to Kings Landing have the three Dragons circle overhead ask for surrender , give quarter to those wanting to switch sides, if not burn the building that Cersie is in. LAst but not least will someone just friggin kill LF. Enough of his face in the background.
No spoilers from me either, just speculation. Perhaps the WW's have the dead dragons from the beginning of the T reign? Then again, dragon skeletons are at Kings Landing and Dragonstone. So perhaps not. Any other dead dragons unaccounted for?

Nazis get a nuke! Now that wouldn't be good...unless you're a neo-Nazi.

Just to continue a distraction from talking about next week's leaked episode. Here is one that I've heard from the Singers form the Riverlands (not Ed Sherenan).

Sir Glenn Foley once said that the Riverlands stink
But if he saw us today, well then what would he think
Sir Glenn, if I saw you, I'd give you a duel
And upon my victory, I'd make you my fool
Oh the gibes towards the Riverlands, they sometimes grow old
Now Lord Ash only re-cruits the Knights that are bold

Now sing along

Sir Glenn Foley once said ......

OOOH, Sir Glenn Foley once said that we live in a bowl
But time has proved different, and has ascended our soul
Now Lord Flood made a mess, well that happens some time
Now it's up to Lord Ash, for us to continue our climb
Young men show some pride, for that place you call home
But without any courage, then away you will roam.

Sing along please.

Oooh, Sir Glenn Foley.....

I agree with you that armies are moving way too fast. Shortcuts are required to expedite the story. What "shockers" have happened this season (no spoilers please)? Cersie is pregnant; seems like a reasonable plot twist to me.

Regarding Ayra, if you are going to make a 15 year old girl into a shape changing, badass assassin, it's going to take some setup.

It was explained at the meeting in Dragonstone between the allies why Dany did not attack KL. Ok, maybe you don't buy it, but Dany, Highgarden and Dorne were swayed by Tyrion's council.

I've already discussed LF and won't go there.

There are plenty of shows with "simple" plot lines and characters that meet your pre-conceived expectations. The Love Boat was one of my favorites. If there are any Love-Boat-like conclusions to this series, than you know the writers got lazy. There will be more twists and turns and that is consistent with the series thus far.

I agree with you that armies are moving way too fast. Shortcuts are required to expedite the story. What "shockers" have happened this season (no spoilers please)? Cersie is pregnant; seems like a reasonable plot twist to me.

Regarding Ayra, if you are going to make a 15 year old girl into a shape changing, badass assassin, it's going to take some setup.

It was explained at the meeting in Dragonstone between the allies why Dany did not attack KL. Ok, maybe you don't buy it, but Dany, Highgarden and Dorne were swayed by Tyrion's council.

There are plenty of shows with "simple" plot lines and characters that meet your pre-conceived expectations. The Love Boat was one of my favorites. If there are any Love-Boat-like conclusions to this series, than you know the writers got lazy. There will be more twists and turns and that is consistent with the series thus far.

One thing I want to say about Ayra and LF; It seems to me to be setting as a twist in that Ayra, trained to be invisible and observe without being seen, was way to visible. She seemed to be acting like a pre-teen girl who just watched Harriet the Spy. My guess is wanted LF to see her and she and Sansa are setting him up.

So you actually think sending some of the biggest names in the show to North of the Wall to Capture a White Walker to show Cersei that they are real, is a great plot line, we will just not agree. We know that someone of many of this group will probably die for a stupid plot line that doesn't need to happen.

Most of Thrones fans thought the whole Ayra thing was way over the top.

I know what they said about attacking KL. But it seems to me that the writers just wanted to draw out the show, that is my issue.

We don't even agree about Love Boat, hated that show.

So you actually think sending some of the biggest names in the show to North of the Wall to Capture a White Walker to show Cersei that they are real, is a great plot line, we will just not agree.

You got me there. Have to admit that the show is moving too fast. Still enjoying it and am impressed with the writing. They have "Jumped the Shark" a little but there's no going back. You must have been a Fantasy Island guy.

You got me there. Have to admit that the show is moving too fast. Still enjoying it and am impressed with the writing. They have "Jumped the Shark" a little but there's no going back. You must have been a Fantasy Island guy.
LOL!

Some lines the writers have written this year are classic......It’s my f**ing luck I ended up with a bunch of fire worshippers.” – The Hound

Watched ep 6. Won't post any spoilers. I'll just say they are some good theories/guesses in the last 20 posts! Lol. Also, the download has a tracker on it. I a received warning from my provider.

Watched ep 6. Won't post any spoilers. I'll just say they are some good theories/guesses in the last 20 posts! Lol. Also, the download has a tracker on it. I a received warning from my provider.

I watched it on alluc.org. You can choose to stream it and not download at all.
So far not a problem.

Last edited:
OOOH, Sir Glenn Foley once said that we live in a bowl
But time has proved different, and has ascended our soul
Now Lord Flood made a mess, well that happens some time
Now it's up to Lord Ash, for us to continue our climb
Young men show some pride, for that place you call home
But without any courage, then away you will roam.

Sing along please.

Oooh, Sir Glenn Foley.....
Barren lands to the north, so cold they joust in a dome
They hate us like wildings, when we walled off our zone
In the lands to the west, they are cult-like for sure
Molestation and cover-up, still they think their so pure
Our rivals will perish, in time it will be shown
All the singers will be shocked, when we sit the iron throne

Now everyone!

Sir Glenn Foley once said....

Saw someone wearing this t-shirt yesterday. No wonder why he didn't bend the knee!

DynamicImageHandler_efbb3dee-bb5a-44a7-aaa2-cfc437c508a2_medium.png

He's so dreamy. He's Azor Aha so they had to bring him back to life... and for that great nude scene..although Tormund is right.

Time and distance where hard to grasp tonight. How does someone run back to eastwatch, dispatch a raven and then achieve the result :uzi: that was reached in what seemed to be a rather short time-frame

Please don't start the time warp comments. Just live with it.

But zombie dragons - now we're talking!!

Reactions: T2Kplus10
So Benjen and Jon couldn't get on the same horse? Three people got on the horse last time we saw Benjen. Reminded me of Titanic, they could of both fit on the door :smiley:

Reactions: Ole Cabbagehead
Wow - just warched episode 6. It got me! That Night King...who needs surface-to-air missiles when you've got his arm?? Accuracy and strength. Any chance we can get him to QB for us?

The line for who wins in the end just went from The Living giving 7 1/2 to Pick em.

Nevertheless, fantastic episode. Tension between Arya and Sansa ratcheted up ten notches, Sansa stupidly ordering Brienne away, a zombie dragon and Dany and Jon all in together. Tons of action tonight, some great dialogue with the Hound and Tormund. Uncle Benjen coming out of the woodwork was a little cheesy serendipity, but as with the run back to Eastwatch, the raven and subsequent dragon rescue, I'll gladly live with it...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT