ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Game of Thrones Season 7 Thread

I thought the Hound died last season,lol,so many characters to keep track of.
Well Arya couldn't get herself to check him off her list.. Brienne nearly killed him. A priest found him (Swearingin from Deadwood) found him. Some rogue outfit killed the whole religions community that Clegane was helping build a church. He killed few of them then found the last 3 strung up by the Brotherhood without Banners... and got to kill 2 of the 3. So he is now travelling with the BwB.

Well Arya couldn't get herself to check him off her list.. Brienne nearly killed him. A priest found him (Swearingin from Deadwood) found him. Some rogue outfit killed the whole religions community that Clegane was helping build a church. He killed few of them then found the last 3 strung up by the Brotherhood without Banners... and got to kill 2 of the 3. So he is now travelling with the BwB.
OK, I remember now.

I think the Ned/Dany connection is far fetched. Seems to be pure speculation and not fact based (which the Jon being a T theory was). Tyrion being a T is a little more plausible, but still based on speculation. I have to imagine that either would have been setup and foreshadowed in the TV series by now.

I think the Tyrion being a T was foreshadowed when he went to free the dragons and the dragons did not attack him

great observation

remember his father said many times, you are no son of mine but always said he was a Lannister?
Yeah, he did say a few times that you are my son as well - I think when his father named him Joffery's hand in his place. Early season 2?

Interesting point.

Maybe... maybe not. It could have been just an Easter egg for that fan theory.

Just like the Easter Egg in this ep when Cersei was standing on the neck on the map and Jamie on the fingers or having the hound dig a grave. These are inside jokes for hardcore fans.

Sometimes the show like to thrown in Easter eggs for fans that are not really clues or part of the plot.

Yeah, he did say a few times that you are my son as well - I think when his father named him Joffery's hand in his place. Early season 2?
I'll check that and you are probably right but then later in the show, he said several times you are no son of mine. more twists!!!!!

I'm a latecomer to this series and I never read the books, but thinking who was born to who and who is a natural-born member of a family, it is possible that all that info is somewhere in the Citadel and Sam will discover that along with ways to kill the White Walkers and cure Jorah's greyscale?

I had read this story earlier this week that in one of the text that Sam was reading, the cure for greyscale is by ingesting dragonglass.

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Can-Dragonglass-Cure-Greyscale-Game-Thrones-43754092

I'm a latecomer to this series and I never read the books, but thinking who was born to who and who is a natural-born member of a family, it is possible that all that info is somewhere in the Citadel and Sam will discover that along with ways to kill the White Walkers and cure Jorah's greyscale?

I had read this story earlier this week that in one of the text that Sam was reading, the cure for greyscale is by ingesting dragonglass.

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Can-Dragonglass-Cure-Greyscale-Game-Thrones-43754092
Now that is a nice theory!

All I know is House Tully is going to sit on the Iron Throne when all is said and done. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Reactions: T2Kplus10
The Greyjoy battle scene tonight didn't seem to make much sense. Just weeks earlier, Yara seemed to be firmly entrenched as a leader amongst them. In the battle scene tonight, which plotted Ironborn against Ironborn for the most part, there was this brutality and animosity that doesn't form overnight. It's a struggle for the Salt Throne among the Greyjoys, fine. But why're the Ironborn slaughtering and viciously mutilating each other?

The Greyjoy battle scene tonight didn't seem to make much sense. Just weeks earlier, Yara seemed to be firmly entrenched as a leader amongst them. In the battle scene tonight, which plotted Ironborn against Ironborn for the most part, there was this brutality and animosity that doesn't form overnight. It's a struggle for the Salt Throne among the Greyjoys, fine. But why're the Ironborn slaughtering and viciously mutilating each other?
That's what the iron-born do. The Greyjoy family was divided and had two competing armadas. The uncle is ruthless and wants to rule Westeros at the side of Cersei. The battle made perfect sense.

That's what the iron-born do. The Greyjoy family was divided and had two competing armadas. The uncle is ruthless and wants to rule Westeros at the side of Cersei. The battle made perfect sense.
Euron's been away for who knows how long. Yara's been fighting alongside them and leading them for years. Picking a side is one thing. It happens in civil war. Developing that much animosity for those you called your brothers a few weeks ago seem implausible.

Euron's been away for who knows how long. Yara's been fighting alongside them and leading them for years. Picking a side is one thing. It happens in civil war. Developing that much animosity for those you called your brothers a few weeks ago seem implausible.
Iron born never had a "Queen" to rule them and most joined Euron just for that reason (viewed Yara as illegitimate). Once Euron was named King, the other side were traitors. The brutality of the battle is common place, this is GOT!

How do they know who was on their side and who they were fighting in that battle? They all looked exactly the same. Do you just stab at anything that moves and hope for the best?

Reactions: koleszar
How do they know who was on their side and who they were fighting in that battle? They all looked exactly the same. Do you just stab at anything that moves and hope for the best?
I'm with you. I had no idea who was on who's side during that whole battle. Quite confusing scene. Everyone was in grey except the Dorne women. And who uses a whip in a sword fight anyway? That would not have been my choice of weapon in a hand to hand battle on a ship.

Reactions: KevH
Pretty good preview. The Red Witch says to Dany - "I believe you have a role to play, but so does another". I'm sure she is referring to Jon, but interesting that she didn't mention 2 others (as per the 3 dragon rider theory).

Three heads of the Dragon is Book only. That is not part of the TV show.

Terrible episode
Agreed. I know it's only two episodes in, but something about this season just doesn't seem right compared to the other seasons. I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's the dialogue? I wish I remembered examples, but there were a couple times last night I thought the writing was beyond lame. The Dorne story line was always cringe worthy and ridiculous with it's girl power. Yeah a whip in close quarters knife fight makes lots of sense. 100 pound women standing toe to toe with men twice their size. I'm glad it's over. Although I'm not a fan of Euron anyway. Maybe he just showed up too late in the series for me to give a damn. Couple of other things. While in Frey land, Arya never heard anything about the fall of the Boltons? I find that hard to believe. Then for a show that always moved too slow, things now are going at ludicrous speed. Ravens that fly express. Seems Jon will already reach Dragonstone next week. Armies and fleets transporting quickly. Pacing was agonizingly too slow or now going to quickly. Maybe nitpicking I know, but I really think this season just doesn't feel right compared to previous seasons.

Agreed. I know it's only two episodes in, but something about this season just doesn't seem right compared to the other seasons. I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's the dialogue?.

Well, now the writers of the show dont have GRRM's books to go by as much. They only know what happens, not exactly how it happens or what is said. You're no longer hearing GRRM's written dialogue on screen for a lot of the scenes.

Agreed. I know it's only two episodes in, but something about this season just doesn't seem right compared to the other seasons. I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's the dialogue? I wish I remembered examples, but there were a couple times last night I thought the writing was beyond lame. The Dorne story line was always cringe worthy and ridiculous with it's girl power. Yeah a whip in close quarters knife fight makes lots of sense. 100 pound women standing toe to toe with men twice their size. I'm glad it's over. Although I'm not a fan of Euron anyway. Maybe he just showed up too late in the series for me to give a damn. Couple of other things. While in Frey land, Arya never heard anything about the fall of the Boltons? I find that hard to believe. Then for a show that always moved too slow, things now are going at ludicrous speed. Ravens that fly express. Seems Jon will already reach Dragonstone next week. Armies and fleets transporting quickly. Pacing was agonizingly too slow or now going to quickly. Maybe nitpicking I know, but I really think this season just doesn't feel right compared to previous seasons.

i kinda feel the same about Euron....not enough invested in his character to give a crap about. just not very compelling. nonetheless, he's going to be a focal point.

What the heck is the point of Theon's character any longer? theories?

After Arya killed the Freys, why the heck didn't she free her Uncle, Edmure? so weird that wasn't addressed. They'll bring back old characters and address story lines from seasons ago (which i love) like Arya's direwolf (which was cool), but they omit something so obvious like her Uncle sitting in the Frey's jail cell? whatever....i'll get over it, but it's inconsistent.

by the way....after Arya realizing her direwolf was not the same any longer, didn't want to go Winterfell with her, and preferred to stay in the wild....prompting Arya to say "that's not who you are" ....I'm thinking Arya realizing going back home to Winterfell is not who she is...and will continue her mission towards King's Landing (great scene)......just a thought.

Reactions: MYHATINTHERING
by the way....after Arya realizing her direwolf was not the same any longer, didn't want to go Winterfell with her, and preferred to stay in the wild....prompting Arya to say "that's not who you are" ....I'm thinking Arya realizing going back home to Winterfell is not who she is...and will continue her mission towards King's Landing (great scene)......just a thought.
Ahhh...I hadn't seen the significance of that scene until now. Good pick up.

I wonder what the fall out will be for the Done after the lost of their Queen. Now that their is no troops to surround King's Landing what will be the next military move.
I think central to Dany's rise to power is the more power she gains, she loses a bit more of the idealism that she wanted to bring to the position. She understands the compromises that every leader has to make to take power and to keep power. Without the Dornish army to help invade KL, she's learning she might have to bring the Dothraki horde or Unsullied.

What the heck is the point of Theon's character any longer? theories?
I've wondered as well. He really has no more relevance in the show that I can think of at the moment. Where can he possibly go to and play a role in the story? Eventually he is the one to kill Euron?

I think central to Dany's rise to power is the more power she gains, she loses a bit more of the idealism that she wanted to bring to the position. She understands the compromises that every leader has to make to take power and to keep power. Without the Dornish army to help invade KL, she's learning she might have to bring the Dothraki horde or Unsullied.

Which comes back to Grandma Tyrell telling her to disregard the counsel of Tyrion and to be the dragon.

images

Her smoking hot body was the highlight of the episode. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:[banana]

I'll check that and you are probably right but then later in the show, he said several times you are no son of mine. more twists!!!!!

At one point in one of the episodes Tywin says to Tyrion that he kept him alive because he couldn't prove he was a bastard AND he was still a Lannister. At first I thought this was poor sentiment that Tywin wanted to believe Tyrion was a bastard so he could reject the dwarf son. Now it seems possible that Tyrion's mom had an affair with Aerys and Tyrion is in fact a Targaryen bastard, who is a Lannister only because his mother was a born member of the extended family.

Reactions: MYHATINTHERING
Yeah, when you get right down to it the title of last night's episode should have been "GREY WORM GITS SOME!"

Reactions: KevH

Yes, it is just how you have a naive person who wants to get into politics to really make a difference, then when they finally start to really pursue it they realized that politics is much more about backroom deals and backstabbing and just trying to get re-elected than making any difference at all.

By the time the story is over i wouldn't be shocked if she decides being queen is not all that she thought it would be and quits before taking the Iron Throne or soon afterwards.

Agreed. I know it's only two episodes in, but something about this season just doesn't seem right compared to the other seasons. I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's the dialogue? I wish I remembered examples, but there were a couple times last night I thought the writing was beyond lame. The Dorne story line was always cringe worthy and ridiculous with it's girl power. Yeah a whip in close quarters knife fight makes lots of sense. 100 pound women standing toe to toe with men twice their size. I'm glad it's over.

The Dorne story is much more baddass and awesome in the books, the TV show version has almost nothing at all to do with it. It is beyond lame and makes no sense whatsoever.

TV writers are just nowhere near as good as GRRM, but most writers are not as good as him. He is very careful to make sure that everything makes perfect sense and the books have a lot more characters and plots than the TV show.

The TV show is really good at action scenes and boobies at least.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT