ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Game of Thrones Season 7 Thread

The Dorne story is much more baddass and awesome in the books, the TV show version has almost nothing at all to do with it. It is beyond lame and makes no sense whatsoever.

TV writers are just nowhere near as good as GRRM, but most writers are not as good as him. He is very careful to make sure that everything makes perfect sense and the books have a lot more characters and plots than the TV show.

The TV show is really good at action scenes and boobies at least.
wasn't dorne a kingdom by choice ? I thought something like that was alluded to or referenced

Yes, it is just how you have a naive person who wants to get into politics to really make a difference, then when they finally start to really pursue it they realized that politics is much more about backroom deals and backstabbing and just trying to get re-elected than making any difference at all.

By the time the story is over i wouldn't be shocked if she decides being queen is not all that she thought it would be and quits before taking the Iron Throne or soon afterwards.
And Littlefinger ends up on the Iron Throne. The cockroach always wins in the end!
:)

Ahhh...I hadn't seen the significance of that scene until now. Good pick up.
Yes, it is just how you have a naive person who wants to get into politics to really make a difference, then when they finally start to really pursue it they realized that politics is much more about backroom deals and backstabbing and just trying to get re-elected than making any difference at all.

By the time the story is over i wouldn't be shocked if she decides being queen is not all that she thought it would be and quits before taking the Iron Throne or soon afterwards.

The writers said the scene was more of how Arya told her dad how marrying and becoming a lady "Is not who I am"

And Littlefinger ends up on the Iron Throne. The cockroach always wins in the end!
:)

He may not make it to the next season. Sansa doesn't really need him anymore. Jon really doesn't want to be king, he would be happy to give that crowd to her. She can take that army from little finger, her nephew is the true king there. It is all a matter of how far Littlefinger is going to try and take things and how long will it be before she has enough of his scheming. If her sister makes it there, I can't see his methods working with her, she would kill him if he tried anything.

someone explain the wolf scene with Arya

The wolf went out on her own much like Arya did. The wolf has her own pack now. "The lone wolf dies but the pack survives." I think seeing the wolf with the pack cemented the idea in her head that she should go back to Winterfell and re-join her family. "That's not you" was a callback to season 1 when Arya tells her father that she's not the type to get married and have children.

The Greyjoy battle scene tonight didn't seem to make much sense. Just weeks earlier, Yara seemed to be firmly entrenched as a leader amongst them. In the battle scene tonight, which plotted Ironborn against Ironborn for the most part, there was this brutality and animosity that doesn't form overnight. It's a struggle for the Salt Throne among the Greyjoys, fine. But why're the Ironborn slaughtering and viciously mutilating each other?

Because they're fighting on different sides of a war.

someone explain the wolf scene with Arya
I'll take a crack at it... c10j is in the right ball-park.. I just think it was a visual way to show that, like the dire wolves, the Starks are not dead yet.. and if they stick together...

And why the wolves did not attack.. professional courtesy... Arya is both "No One" and a Stark. So her wolf.. Nymeria lives. The rest.. dead.. afaik

Jon Snow - Ghost (was wrong thinking the Night Watch killed Ghost after they killed Jon)

Sansa - Lady (put down for not biting Joffrey.. that was Nymeria)
Rob - Grey Wind (red wedding)
Bran - Summer (died in that 1st Peoples cave defending Bran's exit - Hold the Door!)
Rickon - Shaggydog (head thrown by Boltons day before Battle of the Bastards.. *some people think the Boltons' faked Shaggydog's head somehow*)

So.. a bunch of Starks dead.. a bunch of Dire Wolves dead.. not enough has been shown about "warging", imho.. and I half thought Nymeria might have been controlled by Bran when Arya met her.

Last edited:
I'll take a crack at it... c10j is in the right ball-park.. I just think it was a visual way to show that, like the dire wolves, the Starks are not dead yet.. and if they stick together...

And why the wolves did not attack.. professional courtesy... Arya is both "No One" and a Stark. So her wolf.. Nymeria lives. The rest.. dead.. afaik

Sansa - Lady (put down for not biting Joffrey.. that was Nymeria)
Rob - Grey Wind (red wedding)
Jon Snow - Ghost (when the Watch killed Job Snow)
Bran - Summer (died in that 1st Peoples cave defending Bran's exit - Hold the Door!)
Rickon - Shaggydog (head thrown by Boltons day before Battle of the Bastards)

So.. a bunch of Starks dead.. a bunch of Dire Wolves dead.. not enough has been shown about "warging", imho.. and I half thought Nymeria might have been controlled by Bran when Arya met her.

Ghost is dead?....you sure? i don't remember that happening in that episode.

I've wondered as well. He really has no more relevance in the show that I can think of at the moment. Where can he possibly go to and play a role in the story? Eventually he is the one to kill Euron?
I think that Theon freak-out was an act. Could be wrong.. but I had hoped he figured out Yara is dead if he moves forward there.. and his plan was to climb back aboard. But if that was the case he would have in that episode. Maybe he just needs to find another way to save Yara or maybe it was real... he fled. I say he had some plan in mind and being seen as a coward would be part of it.

wow.. guess I was wrong.. thought they killed ghost just like the Freys did. Hmmm.. maybe I just heard Ghost crying/howling because Jon was stabbed and some warging thing happened? Did I just assume that meant they went to kill ghost after Jon? Looks like I did. I guess his absence at the Battle of the Bastards cemented the wrong idea in my head. JUst read a summary of that episode.. Ghost's howls are what made people go looking for Jon and found him dead.. and I should have remembered Ghost sitting with his body.. growling at his killers.

Glad Ghost is alive. But they need to find a better way to handle the wolves.. the Nymeria scene looked fairly good. I guess that's one advantage to writing or reading novels over making or watching films.. imagination is free to produce.. putting it on film.. not so much.

Last edited:
Reactions: MYHATINTHERING
I think that Theon freak-out was an act. Could be wrong.. but I had hoped he figured out Yara is dead if he moves forward there.. and his plan was to climb back aboard. But if that was the case he would have in that episode. Maybe he just needs to find another way to save Yara or maybe it was real... he fled. I say he had some plan in mind and being seen as a coward would be part of it.
i hope theon drowns, I'm sick of his coward ass

Reactions: rufamily
I think he is the one that reports the lost and develops a plan to save his sister. I hope he jump because he knew there was anything to do at that moment but would return to rescue his sister.

the wolves are 100% CGI and cost as much to put on screen as the dragons. The producers decided that they rather spend that money on dragons.

Seems to me that Jon is less a king that he is a prime minister with a sword. Where Dany and Cersei have a small group of advisors and are authoritarian, every scene of him at Winterfell is like he is convening a parliament and he is having Question Hour, with Sansa doing most of the questioning. The Knights Watch was the same. Then again, he has to herd all the northern families together.

Seems to me that Jon is less a king that he is a prime minister with a sword. Where Dany and Cersei have a small group of advisors and are authoritarian, every scene of him at Winterfell is like he is convening a parliament and he is having Question Hour, with Sansa doing most of the questioning. The Knights Watch was the same. Then again, he has to herd all the northern families together.
Good observation, he is a king via acclamation, not force or bloodline (even though the Stark bloodline helped).

Good observation, he is a king via acclamation, not force or bloodline (even though the Stark bloodline helped).
I would imagine The North is all about agnatic primogeniture (eldest legitimate male heir inherits).. which screws Jon Snow so many ways..

1) he's a bastard
2) as we have learned, he's not Eddard Stark's bastard.
3) his only Stark blood is from the cognatic (female) line.. Eddard's sister Lyanna.
4) with no legitimate male heirs (one could argue that since Bran is paralyzed and unlikely to father a child he is not longer legitimate.. you still have Eddard's brother Benjen to consider. I know, I know.. he took the vows to the Nights Watch.. wist.. what.. you mean just like Jon Snow did? That's right. But only Bran and Meera reed know the fiery-mace-wielding Benjen is still "alive". (hmmm.. maybe he is Azor Ahai?)

And if Agnatic-Cognatic Primogeniture rules the day.. then it gets worse for Jon Snow because

5) in the books.. Catelyn Stark has been raised from the dead and is kinda directing the Brotherhood without Banners in the Riverlands.
6) ignoring 5 for the TV show version.. Sansa and Arya would inherit before Jon... until they give birth to a male heir.. then he would be the Prince, I think, and they'd have to find a regent (which could be his mother) until he reaches a certain age.
7) and even if all those proper Starks died.. you have the cousin orphan Lord Robert Arryn of the Vale.. the one who likes to see people fly out the Moon Door.. the one controlled by Littlefinger... he would inherit as a legitimate Stark from the female line.... oh.. wait.. not he wouldn't.. he's half Tully, not Stark. My bad. So he might have a claim on the Riverlands.

I think you can see why there were so many wars of succession way back in the day.

But wait.. all is not lost for Jon Snow... if Rhaegar Targaryen secretly married Lyanna Stark while she was "abducted".. if they eloped.. then Jon Snow is legitimate... but Rhaegar was married to Elia martell (and The Mountain.. the Hound's brother Gregor Clegane.. murdered Rhaegar's whole family in Dorne.. which is why the Martell guy with the spear got his head crushed trying to avenge that. And Rhaegar was struck down by Robert Baratheon.

Damn I wish GRRM would finish that next book already!

Last edited:
Reactions: PaRU102
Does anyone else think that Gendry actually isn't a bastard? He apparently reappears this season. I tend to believe he actually is a true born son of Robert and Cersei. If you recall in season 1 Cersei has a conversation with Catelyn Stark where she confesses that her and Robert lost a child. But Robert was out hunting while she was giving birth. Hmmmmm. Could it be that she didn't want a son from Robert and concocted a scheme to convince the King that she miscarried?

Does anyone else think that Gendry actually isn't a bastard? He apparently reappears this season. I tend to believe he actually is a true born son of Robert and Cersei. If you recall in season 1 Cersei has a conversation with Catelyn Stark where she confesses that her and Robert lost a child. But Robert was out hunting while she was giving birth. Hmmmmm. Could it be that she didn't want a son from Robert and concocted a scheme to convince the King that she miscarried?
interesting....very

Reactions: T2Kplus10

You know... that would be something she would do... but where is the proof?

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Baratheon_(son_of_Robert)

Good theory, so if Gendry is a Baratheon and heir ahead of Joffrey, great, but at this point, who cares? I don't know that he wants any claim of the throne as son of the usurper and more importantly he has no army. Cersei certainly isn't going to hand him power.

Good theory, so if Gendry is a Baratheon and heir ahead of Joffrey, great, but at this point, who cares? I don't know that he wants any claim of the throne as son of the usurper and more importantly he has no army. Cersei certainly isn't going to hand him power.
true

You know... that would be something she would do... but where is the proof?

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Baratheon_(son_of_Robert)

So cersei tells Robert she miscarried? And the hand tells him that this gendry is his bastard son, why doesn't he just tell Robert the truth because he was a trusted advisor ?
Sounds a little far fetched.
Just like the whole gendry storyline. All these guys had bastards and they never have any rightful claim on anything, but gendry was different? It's a major whole in the plot.

Very interesting theory.. but Gendry was just one of many dark-haired Baratheon Bastards... could be tho.. wouldn't put that past GRRM.
tumblr_m8bd4vGedl1qldavvo1_500.jpg

But Gendry is going to be a knight.. being Brienne's squire. And Brienne was made a knight of the Stormlands.. by Renley Baratheon... with all the Baratheons now dead.. who has claim to the Stormlands? Will all the other Baratheon bastards killed by Cersei.. my guess is that Gendry will have a claim. Perhaps he will do some service for Dany with his magic.. er.. sword.. at some point.

6a65dda2b2d259a5b4372740fc3d09a3--arya-stark-funny-gendry-and-arya.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: c10j10s
https://winteriscoming.net/2017/03/04/speculation-cersei-lannister-gendrys-real-mother/

Ok so I did some searching around and found this. The theory was already out there I guess. This guy does a good job summing up everything about the theory. Really interesting read.

He is obviously returning to the show for a reason. We'll find out soon enough.

The only problem with this theory is that it conflicts with one of Cersei's strongest emotional drivers, namely the prophecy by the old woman, when Cersei was a child, that she would bear three children and all would die.

Having had four would be a little awkward.

The only problem with this theory is that it conflicts with one of Cersei's strongest emotional drivers, namely the prophecy by the old woman, when Cersei was a child, that she would bear three children and all would die.

They address that in the end of this article.

Exactly, the prophecy has been proven accurate, at least up to now.

I agree with this as well. I think Arya sticks with her original plan and heads to Kings Landing.
Spoiler alert........Arya goes back to winterfell and ends up killing Little finger. In the 7th episode. After finding out little finger is trying to pit Sansa against her and John Snow.

The problem I have with this season is it's only 7 episodes. Why waste time watching Grey Worm and Melasandri screw for 10mins. When they can't even do it the right way

Well.. if she were told Gendry were still-born somehow... perhaps by some magic.. heck, perhaps Jamie dosed her with something to kill the baby... and sine he supposedly died shortly after birth... perhaps the prophecy only applies to the "living" children at that time... all they have to do is have her remember" the prophecy a bit differently next time they show a flashback. Memories are tricky..

My LOL for the night

This is " Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lady Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons”.

This is " Jon Snow"

ADVERTISEMENT