ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Game of Thrones Season 7 Thread

My LOL for the night

This is " Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lady Regnant of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons”.

This is " Jon Snow"

The dialog prior to that was great, too.

"Sansa is more clever than she lets on."

"She's starting to let on."

All in all, I thought the script last night was outstanding.

The dialog prior to that was great, too.

"Sansa is more clever than she lets on."

"She's starting to let on."

All in all, I thought the script last night was outstanding.
Best line of the episode. The banter among Tyrion/Jon/Dany and even Davos is outstanding.

My one issue with the last few episodes;

I'm glad that they finally decided to take advantage of the fast forward art of storytelling by cutting out battles that would be completely one sided. However they make Euron seem like some sort of demigod that is able to teleport his fleet all over the freaking globe. Like, all the writers/producers had to do was show Euron's ship battling Yara and her crew going to Dorne, but then don't show his ship outside Casterly Rock, and you can suspend disbelief that he just split his fleet up. However they had him go from Kings Landing to near Dorne back to Kings Landing and then across the continent to Casterly Rock.

I know it's a little nitpicky but Game of Thrones was never that good at showing multiple storylines happening at the same time, or giving you a decent gauge of how much time has truly elapsed. From how Dany described her plans the Unsullied would sack Casterly Rock at the same time she went to Dorne to get troops/supplies, yet Euron was able to be at both places at the same time.

Reactions: Scarlet4ever
Man that scene with Cersei and Elaria Sand was brutal. I know they had it coming but man was that intense. Cersei is a god damn psycho.

Man that scene with Cersei and Elaria Sand was brutal. I know they had it coming but man was that intense. Cersei is a god damn psycho.
Great actress as was the Queen of Thorns. I hope we see The Hound soon. I also would love to see Bronn again.

I'm glad that they finally decided to take advantage of the fast forward art of storytelling by cutting out battles that would be completely one sided. However they make Euron seem like some sort of demigod that is able to teleport his fleet all over the freaking globe. Like, all the writers/producers had to do was show Euron's ship battling Yara and her crew going to Dorne, but then don't show his ship outside Casterly Rock, and you can suspend disbelief that he just split his fleet up. However they had him go from Kings Landing to near Dorne back to Kings Landing and then across the continent to Casterly Rock.

I know it's a little nitpicky but Game of Thrones was never that good at showing multiple storylines happening at the same time, or giving you a decent gauge of how much time has truly elapsed. From how Dany described her plans the Unsullied would sack Casterly Rock at the same time she went to Dorne to get troops/supplies, yet Euron was able to be at both places at the same time.
Why do you think Euron's entire fleet (1000 ships) was needed to battle Yara and Dorne? He could have split it up, no problem. Also, time passes, how long did it take for the Unsullied to travel to Casterly Rock? These are simple solutions to the "problems" you posed.

Why do you think Euron's entire fleet (1000 ships) was needed to battle Yara and Dorne? He could have split it up, no problem. Also, time passes, how long did it take for the Unsullied to travel to Casterly Rock? These are simple solutions to the "problems" you posed.

Except HIS FLAGSHIP WAS AT BOTH LOCATIONS

The way they laid the timing out it gave the viewer the idea that the Ironborn fleet would go to Dorne at the same time the Unsullied take Casterly Rock.

Especially since you know Euron captures Ellaria/Yara at sea brings them back to Kings Landing, and then he's across the continent again overseeing the bait and switch siege of Casterly Rock.

The way they laid the timing out it gave the viewer the idea that the Ironborn fleet would go to Dorne at the same time the Unsullied take Casterly Rock.

Especially since you know Euron captures Ellaria/Yara at sea brings them back to Kings Landing, and then he's across the continent again overseeing the bait and switch siege of Casterly Rock.
That wasn't directly stated, as only having one of those types of ships. And we know the unsullied had to travel the same distance as well.

That wasn't directly stated, as only having one of those types of ships. And we know the unsullied had to travel the same distance as well.

There is only one Silence.

kUfbOUl.png

That is the same ship as what was seen during the previous naval battle with Ellaria/Yara

got_ship.0.jpg

ONLY EURONS SHIP WHICH HE COMMANDS HAS THE RED EYE MARK ON THE KRAKEN

No one has multiples of their flagship at their disposal.

Plus since the show eliminated Victarion you couldn't even argue that he was the one dealing with Casterly Rock.

There is only one Silence.

kUfbOUl.png

That is the same ship as what was seen during the previous naval battle with Ellaria/Yara

got_ship.0.jpg

ONLY EURONS SHIP WHICH HE COMMANDS HAS THE RED EYE MARK ON THE KRAKEN

No one has multiples of their flagship at their disposal.

Plus since the show eliminated Victarion you couldn't even argue that he was the one dealing with Casterly Rock.
Euron was in Kings Landing. Even if only one ship, which we don't have direct proof of, it sacked Yara and then send to CR and got there for the battle. It's a new and very fast ship. The ships with the unsullied are old and slow.

See, still no problem.

Euron was in Kings Landing. Even if only one ship, which we don't have direct proof of, it sacked Yara and then send to CR and got there for the battle. It's a new and very fast ship. The ships with the unsullied are old and slow.

See, still no problem.

Except it went to KL then CR....

Dude you are just willing to make up any excuse to make it seem plausible.

I know Benioff and Weiss both said that what you see is not happening real time and what not, but it's asking a lot to suspend disbelief in that Euron is able to circumnavigate the globe in days.

I know Benioff and Weiss both said that what you see is not happening real time and what not, but it's asking a lot to suspend disbelief in that Euron is able to circumnavigate the globe in days.
I suspended my disbelief when I saw the White Walkers and dragons. Stop looking for problems and enjoy the show.

Reactions: MorrisAsh

This doesn't seem like the sort of thing to be concerned about given the fact that, throughout the series, all boats are always sailing downwind regardless of where they're going.

so much wrong so much wrong with this episode I don't know where to begin

It did have the feel of one of those British war movies where there is nothing but dialogue and standing around maps with pointers most of the time, but when there was action,it was brief but good.

Isn't is possible HBO just used the flag ship in both places so you knew who was attacking. The attack on the unsullied ships was shown so quickly that the only way for you to know who it was, was to have the flag ship there.

I have to agree that I have to agree that you're on seems to be able to fly around in a sailed ship LOL. Also with highgarden, it's a great house of Westeros and yet they fall within a day and there's no Siege? Not only that but you have to imagine that people are watching the Lannisters at Castle Rock and would see the Army leaving. There really was so much wrong with that episode

I have to agree that I have to agree that you're on seems to be able to fly around in a sailed ship LOL. Also with highgarden, it's a great house of Westeros and yet they fall within a day and there's no Siege? Not only that but you have to imagine that people are watching the Lannisters at Castle Rock and would see the Army leaving. There really was so much wrong with that episode
I think the primary purpose of the episode was to advance the Lannister cause and show that they aren't just going to roll over for Danerys. Showing that they can take these lesser houses to school and exact their revenge on their children's killers advances the storyline as a more formidable battle in the end for Kings Landing.

Why is it so hard to comprehend an army of undead soldiers to a woman who walked thru a fire to pick up three stones that turned into dragons????
This is exactly what I said to my wife while watching. This women walked threw fire, raised dragons from friggin stones, people can become stone men, and there are Giants in the north. Yet people coming back from the dead is just too far fetched to believe.

Lord Vaerys' little birds throughout the realm apparently have stopped feeding him information.

Gotta say, that Cersei just might be able to outdo her son in finding wicked ways to kill a person. Nasty enough to see your sole-surviving child die in from of you, but to be kept alive to watch her body decay. Martin...or whoever wrote that is one sick bastard.

Frankly, the war that Cersei and Jamie Lannister are fighting makes no sense.

They overran Highgarden and slew its army. Now they have that many fewer potential men at arms to face off the North.

Similarly, they left Casterly Rock to be overrun by the Unsullied. Jamie says that it has no particular importance at the moment, but he left a couple thousand men there, just the same. Now they're dead, too.

He should be doing the math. If he was, he would realize that his enemies are growing in number and his allies are shrinking in number.

Reactions: KevH
Frankly, the war that Cersei and Jamie Lannister are fighting makes no sense.

They overran Highgarden and slew its army. Now they have that many fewer potential men at arms to face off the North.

Similarly, they left Casterly Rock to be overrun by the Unsullied. Jamie says that it has no particular importance at the moment, but he left a couple thousand men there, just the same. Now they're dead, too.

He should be doing the math. If he was, he would realize that his enemies are growing in number and his allies are shrinking in number.

Well if you read the book, and what not there are a few things that make it seem easier to believe how Jaime took Highgarden so easily.

1. There was a lot of disdain toward the Tyrells that they only got control of the Reach due to being at the right place at the right time.

2. The Tyrells themselves at this point have no real military technicians.

3. Cersei offers the reach to the Randyll Tarly who is hands down the best military mind perhaps in Westeros.

4. Randyll is then able to sway other Reach houses to join him in overthrowing Olenna who is now supporting a foreign traitor vs Cersei.

It's not like House Tyrell by itself had much at the current time outside of gold and food supplies.

Jaime learned the strategy to leave Casterly Rock undermanned from Robb Stark who purposely lead 2k Northernmen to a massacre in order to divert troops elsewhere to overwhelm another opposing group.

Yes I think they are being cheap with the time aspect.

I'm sure it takes a long time for Jon to go from Winterfell to Dragonstone. In the first episode I think it was said it takes a month to go from Winterfell to Kings Landing.. which is about the same distance. Now Jon would have made it to a coastal town and then taken a ship.. so it had to be at least two weeks.

The first Iron Fleet Battle.. well.. big problem the in BUILDING so many ships with timber that does not seem to exist on the Iron Islands and then sail all the way around Westeros to Kings Landing.. well, that was truly ridiculous. Yara had taken the fastest ships and brought them to Essos.. pretty far into Essos to Slavers bay.. and whoring along the way. How many ships could be built in that time?

In any case.. Euron leaving Kings Landing and intercepting Dany's feet heading to Dorne.. very believable. And that would mean he was headed the right direct to get to Casterly Rock.. but its still a long way around.... Lets call it sailing from Jacksonville Florida to Tampa Bay and having a sea battle at Fort Lauderdale.... its still a long way around.

2 weeks? Perhaps. could see Jamie taking an army to Highgarden in that time.

But still.. even if it is all somewhat possible.. do *something* to show passage of time to avoid this image of teleporting fleets. Its lazy and cheap not to help the audience see time passing.

Reactions: KevH
Yes I think they are being cheap with the time aspect.

I'm sure it takes a long time for Jon to go from Winterfell to Dragonstone. In the first episode I think it was said it takes a month to go from Winterfell to Kings Landing.. which is about the same distance. Now Jon would have made it to a coastal town and then taken a ship.. so it had to be at least two weeks.

The first Iron Fleet Battle.. well.. big problem the in BUILDING so many ships with timber that does not seem to exist on the Iron Islands and then sail all the way around Westeros to Kings Landing.. well, that was truly ridiculous. Yara had taken the fastest ships and brought them to Essos.. pretty far into Essos to Slavers bay.. and whoring along the way. How many ships could be built in that time?

In any case.. Euron leaving Kings Landing and intercepting Dany's feet heading to Dorne.. very believable. And that would mean he was headed the right direct to get to Casterly Rock.. but its still a long way around.... Lets call it sailing from Jacksonville Florida to Tampa Bay and having a sea battle at Fort Lauderdale.... its still a long way around.

2 weeks? Perhaps. could see Jamie taking an army to Highgarden in that time.

But still.. even if it is all somewhat possible.. do *something* to show passage of time to avoid this image of teleporting fleets. Its lazy and cheap not to help the audience see time passing.

I tried to tell myself that Yara maybe only took the top 20% of the Iron Fleet, so Euron would only have to replenish those ships. Makes it seem more believable he only had to replace 100 ships versus building 1000 new ones.

I tried to tell myself that Yara maybe only took the top 20% of the Iron Fleet, so Euron would only have to replenish those ships. Makes it seem more believable he only had to replace 100 ships versus building 1000 new ones.
That has been my assumption as well. At the confrontation between Euron and Yara, most Iron Born supported Euron (which means, most existing ships would be his).

Again...

Dragons.

Zombies.

Let it go.
I never understand why some people get caught up in such details, especially with a fantasy series. But even with a more "real-world" series, it's just the nature of TV shows, sh!t needs to happen and happen at a quick pace to keep viewers engaged. Some shortcuts need to be allowed. This is how/why the Star Trek teleporter was invented, so every time Kirk needed to go somewhere, they didn't been to go to a shuttle bay, get on a shuttle, head wherever he needed to go, and then come back, etc.

Again...

Dragons.

Zombies.

Let it go.

Once again, just because something is of the fantastical of our world, doesn't mean it is in their world.

When the book and show spell it out that it takes 1 month of decent riding to go from KL to Winterfell via horse/carriage it sort of sets the standard in terms of travel and the distance to do so.

Once again, just because something is of the fantastical of our world, doesn't mean it is in their world.

When the book and show spell it out that it takes 1 month of decent riding to go from KL to Winterfell via horse/carriage it sort of sets the standard in terms of travel and the distance to do so.
Books vs. TV
Very different adaptions of a story, you need to accept that.

Except that time frame from KL to Winterfell is established to be the same...in the books and the TV.
That's not the point. With TV, you don't always have time to show such travel. You need to come to terms with this or you are going to miss out on enjoying the conclusion of this wonderful series.

ADVERTISEMENT