ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Giants, Jets are dragging down TV ratings league-wide

What about buck and nantz ?

Nantz is a great guy. Haven't seen him golf but I have heard he's pretty good. Al Michaels is a great guy. He's just a horrific golfer. It's comical. I'd quit if I was him.

Can't speak to Buck. I don't know anything about him.

Reactions: Plum Street
I made time for the first part and with my flexible work schedule that was never an issue.

I agree with you on then new place, way too blah.

But as I said earlier, even with a much better product back then it still started to not be a must see thing.

I guess we all change as we get older. :(

GO GIANTS!

With no fans at MetLife this season I have to wonder if they lose season ticket holders next year? Some fans will not miss the game day experience and actually prefer the big screen TV viewing.

Reactions: goru1869
With no fans at MetLife this season I have to wonder if they lose season ticket holders next year? Some fans will not miss the game day experience and actually prefer the big screen TV viewing.
Probably some sure . But I don’t think that many for that reason . Big screen TVs and HD have been around for a while .

Met Life is a horrible stadium compared to the new builds. They really got taken.

Agreed. MetLife opened in 2010 and cost $1.6 billion and it sucks compared to NRG Stadium (the Houston Texans' stadium - where Rutgers played the bowl game in 2006) which opened eight years earlier, cost $350 million and has a retractable roof.

Matt played his East West Shrine Game at Houston. The field was in good condition, it was raining and the roof remained closed. HUGE parking lot with many ways to enter and exit.

Concessions were plentiful and reasonable unlike the MetLife

Reactions: sunsetregret
The NY Post’s take on things:

From the article ...
Silver said next season he doubts players will be permitted to wear social-justice messages on their jerseys and the BLM logo isn’t expected to be on the floors of home arenas. The commissioner is wary if these worthy gestures continue next season, “a certain amount of fatigue” would offset the messaging.

Well that is kinda true but extremely misleading. The 70% drop was only on the Broncos Jets game from Thursday night. Also it was NFL Network vs Fox from a year ago too.
The NFL is doing fine. TV leadership as a whole is down but the NFL still gets the biggest piece of the pie every week
But but ..don’t you know all these people are done with the nfl.

Top 4 ratings last week. The NFL! 6 of the top 10.
60 Minutes at #5. Since 1968 still killing it, crazy run.
Yep . It’s a great sport . Some of these folks want to get all up in arms because players get political . Good riddance !
I can care less about an athlete or entertainers politics.

ADVERTISEMENT