ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Godzilla: King of the Monsters Trailer

Love these movies ever since i was a kid. My guilty pleasure. The El Rey network runs four days of non stop monster movies every Xmas.

One of my fondest memories as a little kid was watching Godzilla movies with my grandfather. He wasn't too fond of people of Japanese decent as he fought in the Pacific War. He always said, Godzilla was one of the best damn things the Japanese ever gave us.

Note: For the PC crowd, I do not share my grandfathers views. But I completely understand why he felt the way he did after the hell he went through.

Mothra is in the trailer and Mothra is a lady monster, btw.
I hope that the fairy sized twins are in this, I didn't see them.

Also Rodan.... Rodan is in this...

And King FN Ghidorah... who is the size of the moon in this.

Good times.

[cheers]

Mothra is in the trailer and Mothra is a lady monster, btw.
I hope that the fairy sized twins are in this, I didn't see them.

Also Rodan.... Rodan is in this...

And King FN Ghidorah... who is the size of the moon in this.

Good times.

[cheers]
I hope Mothra doesn’t sue me for calling her a him!

Should have known.

One of my fondest memories as a little kid was watching Godzilla movies with my grandfather. He wasn't too fond of people of Japanese decent as he fought in the Pacific War. He always said, Godzilla was one of the best damn things the Japanese ever gave us.

Note: For the PC crowd, I do not share my grandfathers views. But I completely understand why he felt the way he did after the hell he went through.
I used to love watching monster movies when I was a kid..hated afternoons when I was forced to take a nap and they were on lol.

Lol
Back in the 90s I did charity work at the Senior Citizens Centers in Branch Brook Park,
they were loaded with WW 2 veterans.

When the Annual Cherry Blossom festival took place it was all Japanese tradition and culture... those old guys would go nuts, I’d be banned for life here if I repeated their words.

Baby Godzilla is cute. Blows smoke rings instead of fire.
th

Will be interesting when they do the King Kong v Godzilla remake. Already set up.

Wonder if Ghidorah survives this movie. Usually the other three gang up on him, but I think Rodan might be a villain in this version.

There were feelers for a crossover with Pacific Rim. Could work since Godzilla worked with a giant robot previously, besides fighting Mecha-Gozilla.

Will be interesting when they do the King Kong v Godzilla remake. Already set up.

Wonder if Ghidorah survives this movie. Usually the other three gang up on him, but I think Rodan might be a villain in this version.

There were feelers for a crossover with Pacific Rim. Could work since Godzilla worked with a giant robot previously, besides fighting Mecha-Gozilla.
Jet Jaguar and how about the theme music too lol.

I'll watch this, but I get a sneaky feeling it's going to take itself seriously, based on the trailer. Monster Movies are supposed to be about action, and fighting, and explosions!

Maybe a Gorgo remake

Lol
Back in the 90s I did charity work at the Senior Citizens Centers in Branch Brook Park,
they were loaded with WW 2 veterans.

When the Annual Cherry Blossom festival took place it was all Japanese tradition and culture... those old guys would go nuts, I’d be banned for life here if I repeated their words.
In 1996 while at Camp Pendleton I had the pleasure in speaking to several WW2 vets. One of the things that was spoken about was how fierce and loyal the Japanese soldier was. There was a type mutual respect between the Devil Dog and the Japanese soldier because of how hard each fought for their respective side. I’m sure the WW2 vets you met Zap remember fully how hard their adversary fought. It was definitely an era when men were men.

Reactions: zappaa
ADVERTISEMENT