ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Godzilla: King of the Monsters Trailer

I'll watch this, but I get a sneaky feeling it's going to take itself seriously, based on the trailer. Monster Movies are supposed to be about action, and fighting, and explosions!

Yeah, these things work best when they do not take themselves too seriously.

These type of films work best when they are fun not so much when they are super dark and grim.

But when you have a giant moth fighting a even bigger golden three headed dragon that shoots lighting bolts... man it is hard not to smile when that happens:smiley:

In 1996 while at Camp Pendleton I had the pleasure in speaking to several WW2 vets. One of the things that was spoken about was how fierce and loyal the Japanese soldier was. There was a type mutual respect between the Devil Dog and the Japanese soldier because of how hard each fought for their respective side. I’m sure the WW2 vets you met Zap remember fully how hard their adversary fought. It was definitely an era when men were men.
A lot of the sentiment was they’ll look you in the eye, shake you hand then stab you in the back with a knife.

I believe the fake peace negotiations before Pearl Harbor, and their penchant for surrendering, then blowing themselves and you up weighed on them.

That generation was also very familiar with the Japanese atrocities in China... horrific

I never got the vibe their was any respect for their fanaticism

Last edited:
the people paying for this want big names, Stranger Things is a very popular show, she should be fine.

Had to look-

Gorgo is a 1961 British-American science fiction monster film directed by Eugène Lourié. The film focuses on Gorgo, a young sea monster brought back to London for exploitation, and Ogra, his even larger mother, who rampages across London to search for him.

They went on to do their own Kong King movie called Kongo (which is actually not a totally rip off and better than you would think).

More so, here in the states The comic books for Gorgo were done by none other than Steve Ditko , the creator of Spider-Man. He hated those comics but he needed the money.

Reactions: bac2therac
I don't really enjoy these modern day monster flicks (Kong Skull Island, Pacific Rim etc), but they would be fun to go see if you had an 8 year old kid to take.

he played a good guy in the first reboot

No. The first reboot was Godzilla Raids Again. It is a different Godzilla from the original that was dissolved in Tokyo Bay; but this one is a "bad guy" as well. This time, they bury him in an avalanche causing him to freeze to death.

Reactions: cicero grimes
No. The first reboot was Godzilla Raids Again. It is a different Godzilla from the original that was dissolved in Tokyo Bay; but this one is a "bad guy" as well. This time, they bury him in an avalanche causing him to freeze to death.

Godzilla was good monster in the 1st Legendary pictures film.

Godzilla was good monster in the 1st Legendary pictures film.

Sorry my bad. I thought you meant the first sequel.

For those with little kids, you might be interested in catching Kaiju Big Battle (monster themed wrestling) if they come to a town near you.

art3_kaiju_27.jpg

kaiju_queens_21.jpg

KAIJU-BIG-BATTLE.jpg

Love me a good monster movie.. BTW.. Pacific Rim: Uprising was pretty good.

Godzilla has been misunderstood.. She's just responsible for a lot of collateral damage.

This guy has a funny way of over-analyzing movie trailers

Last edited:
Reactions: RUonBrain
Sorry my bad. I thought you meant the first sequel.

For those with little kids, you might be interested in catching Kaiju Big Battle (monster themed wrestling) if they come to a town near you.

art3_kaiju_27.jpg

kaiju_queens_21.jpg

KAIJU-BIG-BATTLE.jpg
So we can look forward to Godzilla vs the Waffle Monster, Godzilla vs. My Little Pony, Godzilla vs. the Green Power Ranger? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Haha that predates me...not heard of that one. Closest thing I guess from my childhood days would be Voltron.
cool theme song.. I just watched some of that video.. it was in the "future".. the year 2000.. and afaik.. nothing was all that wrong..

But iirc.. the afternoon can't miss cartoons were japanimations.. Speed Racer and Gigantor.

ADVERTISEMENT