ADVERTISEMENT

OT: GoFundMe Link for My Future Daughter-in-Law's Family

wisr01

All American
Apr 13, 2006
My future D-I-L Nicole lost her (Step)Dad this week at 46 YO. He was in Hackensack Medical Center being prepped for Bypass due to a mild heart attack. He had a major fear of hospitals and operations. He was so worked up as they were getting ready he went into cardiac arrest and died. Nicole and her mom don't even have the money to bury him. Nicole will be graduating Montclair State in a few weeks (first college grad in her family) and her proud dad won't be there to see it. I have never posted something like this but my whole family (especially my son Matt @Veiox) is distraught. Anything will help if you find it in your heart to contribute.

Thanks
Rutgers Bob

• Sad
Reactions: redking
My future D-I-L Nicole lost her (Step)Dad this week at 46 YO. He was in Hackensack Medical Center being prepped for Bypass due to a mild heart attack. He had a major fear of hospitals and operations. He was so worked up as they were getting ready he went into cardiac arrest and died. Nicole and her mom don't even have the money to bury him. Nicole will be graduating Montclair State in a few weeks (first college grad in her family) and her proud dad won't be there to see it. I have never posted something like this but my whole family (especially my son Matt @Veiox) is distraught. Anything will help if you find it in your heart to contribute.

Thanks
Rutgers Bob

I am sorry for your loss, and your future D-I-L's loss. I just made an anonymous $100 donation. I'm mostly of Polish ancestry, and perhaps what someone once said to me about Polish people is true about being wary/fearful of hospitals and operations. But some of us have good reasons.

Just before the pandemic in December 2019, my friend and business partner died during a coronary bypass operation at 54 years old. He was also a Loyal Son and a huge RU fan. It was crushing personally and professionally, and it was horrible for his wife and daughters, who were adopted. I will never forget the name of the doctor, as he is a cardiologist at a local hospital, and I will avoid the guy if I ever need the services of a cardiologist.

I hope your family and your future in-laws raise the needed money. May Mr. Mojsa RIP.

• Sad
Reactions: redking and wisr01
I too am of Polish ancestry and what you say is true for much of my family. My dad was told he was ok when he was checked out for chest pains and died a few weeks later at 56 YO. Also, not surprised in the least that you responded my friend. You are a class act. God bless.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Wow that’s horrible. Anxiety can cause some real damage.
Also, his father came to see him from Poland for the first time in many years and arrived the day before he died. He is here for 3 months to spend time with his son and this happened on day 2.

I recognize some names from this board and believe also some of the anonymous donations are from folks here. Thanks you for your kindness in this difficult time. They have raised 12k+ so far.

ADVERTISEMENT