ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Going thru pictures cool find.

RuBird

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2001
So I have told this part of the story before, my mom passed 4 yrs ago. Huge RU fan. My wife, daughter and my mom and I went to all the games together.
Now the fun part of the story.
It has taken me this long to go thru family pictures. My daughter got a scanner for Christmas and has enjoyed going thru the pictures.
Tonight I am watching the baseball game and I hear her call me. She tells me she has the coolest thing to show me. When I was in Early grade school I was asked to do an Autobiography with illustrations. I guess my mom saved everything. Now granted this is probably about 50 yrs ago so I have a very vague memory of doing it. My daughter proceeds to show me the picture of what I wanted to be when I grow up. I wanted to be a football player. I drew a picture of myself with a Scarlet Red Jersey..........with the #52!

bELieve:Football::Heart

So I have told this part of the story before, my mom passed 4 yrs ago. Huge RU fan. My wife, daughter and my mom and I went to all the games together.
It has taken me this long to go thru family pictures. My daughter got a scanner for Christmas and has enjoyed going thru the pictures.
Tonight I am watching the baseball game and I hear her call me. She tells me she has the coolest thing to show me. When I was in Early grade school I was asked to do an Autobiography with illustrations. I guess my mom saved everything. Now granted this is probably about 50 yrs ago so I have a very vague memory of doing it. My daughter proceeds to show me the picture of what I wanted to be when I grow up. I wanted to be a football player. I drew a picture of myself with a Scarlet Red Jersey..........with the #52!

Good for you ... thankfully you have nice memories of going to Rutgers games... and yes going back over past pictures does take time but I bet you both laughed and cried.

Reactions: RuBird

Not sure if you remember but I told you on here there would be some sort of sign or maybe a memory...

Reactions: RuBird
Never became a football player since I have the body type of Dave Meggett ( or should I say the height of him:Wink:)

Reactions: RUBOB72
Great story. Take all the separate pieces, put them together and some things are meant to be. Time is a teacher too.
Thanks, I am enjoying the memories. Every once in awhile I get overwhelmed and put it away. Baby steps I guess. I will take it

Reactions: RUBOB72
ADVERTISEMENT