ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Good News - RU Women's Soccer

jellyman

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2001
RU women's soccer team just scored to lead UConn 3-0 in the 50th minute.

If RU holds on, they will advance to the Final 8 of the NCAA.

I know there is a message board for this, but I thought some good RU sports news would be a breath of fresh air (I mean other than RU winning in football and basketball this weekend).

All 4 games this weekend will be at a #1 seed in the 4 brackets. RU & WVU were the only #2 seeds to make it thru their brackets.

Reactions: Local Shill
I think he meant he was at the first round game.

I did - meant the NCAA game - took my daughter!

Ahhhhhh lol sorry RC1991!!

No worries! I was wondering what you meant though LOL!

This is really a great team - I hope they can keep it going! Pretty amazing (among other great stats) that our goalie in 24 games has only given up 8 goals....and only a sophomore!

I'm thrilled that the Ladies are amongst the best 8 teams in the country.

Too bad they don't have the Elite 8 at a neutral site.
IMO, the #1 seeds deserve the home game. At a neutral site there would be like 6 people for an Elite 8 game. Also, if you notice, most of the top soccer schools are also really good academic schools. Avoiding some extra travel when you can makes sense for the players.

It's all about making $$$ and building an interest in the sport. Not going to do either playing in front of 200 people at, let's say, UConn.

We did just host 3 NCAA tournament matches, so we've been on the receiving end of this up until now.

Neutral sites before the final four make zero sense in generating revenue and growing interest in the game.

virginia up next....exciting time for women's soccer
Damn, I was hoping USC would win that game, so we'd get another home game. Went to yesterday's game at Yurcak and apart from the first 10 minutes or so, we dominated yesterday. Great goals, great defense and, as always, great goalkeeping by Murphy, especially early. That was a pretty good UConn team.

Trying to beat #1 Virginia at Virginia might be too much to overcome but no matter what happens they have made it further than any other team in Rutgers's Women's Soccer history.

Besides, you never know, they might be able to pull off the upset.

Friday at 2pm...

Let's GO!

Trying to beat #1 Virginia at Virginia might be too much to overcome but no matter what happens they have made it further than any other team in Rutgers's Women's Soccer history.

Besides, you never know, they might be able to pull off the upset.

Friday at 2pm...

Let's GO!
Especially with a great keeper - a great keeper can help a less talented team overcome that talent gap - and we have a great keeper, who may someday play for the USWNT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT