ADVERTISEMENT

Ot- Good quotes from College Football

Abro1975

Hall of Famer
Nov 21, 2009
15) "At Georgia Southern, we don't cheat. That costs money, and we don't have any." -Erik Russell.

14) "Motivation is simple, you eliminate those who aren't motivated." -Sweet Lou Holtz

13) "They whipped us like a tied up goat." -Spike Dykes

12) "We didn't tackle well today, but we made up for it by not blocking." -John McKay

11) "I could have been a Rhodes Scholar, except for my grades." -Duffy Daugherty

10) "If lessons were learned in defeat, our team is getting a great education." -Murray Warmath

9) "After you retire, there's only one big event left...and I ain't ready for that." -Bobby Bowden

8) "Football is not a contact sport. It is a collision sport. Dancing is a good example of a contact sport." -Duffy Daugherty

7) "I'm really happy for Coach Cooper and the guys who have been around here six or seven years, especially our seniors." -Bob Hoying

6) "To hell with Notre Dame!" -Bo Schembechler

5) "Gentlemen, it is better to die a small boy than to fumble this football." -John Heisman

4) "A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall." -Frank Leahy

3) "I've found prayers work best when you have big players." -Knute Rockne

2) "Hawaii doesn't win many games in the United States." -Lee Corso

1) "He treats us like men. He lets us wear earrings." -Torrin Polk

I recruited a Czech kicker, and during the eye exam, when asked to read the bottom line, the kicker replied, �Read it? I know him.�� (Woody Hayes)

If lessons are learned in defeat, our team is getting a great education.� (Murray Warmath of Minnesota)

I make my practices real hard because if a player is a quitter, I want him to quit in practice, not in a game.� (Bear Bryant)

Here’s a twenty, bury two.� (Bear Bryant after being asked to contribute ten dollars to help bury a sportswriter)

The secret to a happy life is to run out of cash and air at the same time.� (Bobby Layne)

When all is said and done, more is said than done.� (Lou Holtz)

"When all is said and done, more is said than done.� (Lou Holtz)"

I believe Darryl Dawkins said: When all is said and done there's nothing left to say or do.

Mike Leach-

On the Aggie Corps of Cadets:
"How come they get to pretend they are soldiers? The thing is, they aren't actually in the military. I ought to have Mike's Pirate School. The freshmen, all they get is the bandanna. When you're a senior, you get the sword and skull and crossbones. For homework, we'll work pirate maneuvers and stuff like that."

On being asked what bowl game he wanted to go to after his first season at Tech, notching a 7-5 record:
"The Rose Bowl."

On Leach being on the list for other coaching jobs across the country:
"As a head coach, you're on two lists. You're the guy that might get fired, or you're the guy who might go somewhere. Given the two lists, I guess that's the one to be on."

Reporter: How did you feel about your team's execution today?

McKay: I'm all for it.

John Rolston, Coach of the Denver Broncos :

""I resigned as the Broncos coach because of illness and fatigue. The fans were sick and tired of me."

Reactions: mildone
Vince Lombardi
"Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist but football is only two things - blocking and tackling."

"Nothing good happens after midnight." - Bo

"Prejudiced? Partial? You better b'leeve I am. Michigan football is a religion and Saturday's the holy day of obligation."
and
"Ohio Stadium is "10,000 alumni and 74,000 truck drivers." - Bob Ufer

"I take a vitamin everyday. It's called a steak." - Harbaugh

"To overcome the disappointment of not making it on third down." - Mike Leach on why he attempted a 4th down conversion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT