ADVERTISEMENT

OT Great movie lines

Just when I thought I was out...they pulled me back in.

Today I settle all family business

"You're not the man I knew ten years ago."
"It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage."
-- Raiders of the Lost Ark

"You're gonna need a bigger boat."
-- Jaws

"Do you know what I must do if I fail?"
"I haven't the foggiest."
"I'll have to kill myself. What would you do if you were in my position?"
"Well, if I were you, I suppose I'd have to kill myself. Cheers!"
-- The Bridge on the River Kwai

"Nothing is written."
-- Lawrence of Arabia

"Leave the gun. Take the cannolis."
-- The Godfather

"Get away from her you bitch!"
-- Aliens

"Rommel, you magnificent bastard, I read your book!"
-- Patton

"All you got to do is make it out of here, you hear me? And it's all gravy. Every day, the rest of your life, gravy!"
-- Platoon

"Nice to meet you, kid. You're a real horse's ass."
-- The Sting

"You speak treason!"
"Fluently."
-- The Adventures of Robin Hood

"I love you."
"I know."
-- The Empire Strikes Back

It's only an island if you look at it from the water. - Jaws

On your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness...So I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
I find I'm so excited that I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel. A free man at a start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope.

Last edited:
I started a similar thread a year or two ago about great movie conversations.

No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die - Goldfinger
Charlie don't surf - Apocalypse Now
I'm the forger - The Great Escape

Here's a couple from a very quotable movie:

Rick Gassko: It's time for spice, and the lucky spice is... paprika! "Oh thank you, thank you! You've made me the happiest spice in the world!"

Mr. Thompson: "I think you're an azzhole. No, let me correct that: an immature azzhole. Which is fine, except that you're marrying my daughter and I'm afraid that my grandchildren are gonna be little azzholes. No, let me finish. Debbie is an adult, she can do what she wants. But if you want your marriage to last you're going to have to change some things about yourself. Now if I may make some suggestions? Good. Now first, you're a slob. You dress like a bum. Second, you're unmotivated. You have no self-esteem, no thought about the future. You're inconsiderate, you're insensitive, you're insincere....and you're irresponsible. A show-off. You're vulgar, you're inappropriate. You're unrefined. You're obnoxious."

Rick Gassko: Well Mr. Thompson, that's quite a list. And I think, if I really apply myself, I could be a totally changed person by the time we finish lunch!

Rudy: Let's have a bachelor party with chicks and guns and fire trucks and hookers and drugs and booze!

Spartan, As OP I thought I would get a free pass on the quote from Jaws but you jumped the line fair and square. Nicely played.

What an incredible Cinderella story! This unknown, comes out of nowhere, to lead the pack at Augusta. He's at the final hole. He's about 455 yards away, he's gonna hit about a 2-iron, I think. [swings, pulverizes a flower] Oh, he got all of that. The crowd is standing on its feet here at Augusta. The normally reserved Augusta crowd is going wild... [pauses] for this young Cinderella who's come out of nowhere. He's got about 350 yards left, he's going to hit about a 5-iron, it looks like, don't you think? He's got a beautiful backswing... [swings, pulverizes another flower] that's- oh, he got all of that one! He's gotta be pleased with that! The crowd is just on its feet here. He's a Cinderella boy. Tears in his eyes, I guess, as he lines up this last shot. He's got about 195 yards left, and he's got a, looks like he's got about an 8-iron. This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now about to become the Masters champion.[swings, pulverizes yet another flower]It looks like a mirac- it's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Reactions: brodo
Sam Brenner: Why didn't you call me then?

Ludlow Lamonsoff: Because the CIA has been tapping my phones ever since I found out the Zapruder film has been edited, JFK shot first.

Sam Brenner: Ludlow, it is you.

Tyler Durden: We're a generation of men raised by women. I'm wondering if another woman is really the answer we need.

Fight Club has great quotes thru the entire movie

From Apocalypse Now:

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning.....................smells like............................victory"
"No!..........Don't look at the camera!...............keep fighting!...................keep fighting!"

Renee zellweiger to tom cruise " you had me at hello "
As Lauren Bacall slinks out of the room yo Bogart

" If you want me just whistle. You know how to whistle dont you? just put your lips together and blow "

Faye Dunaway in mother Dearest as she loses her mind " wire hangers "

From the definitive comedy classic of the 1990's "American Pe"-Several classics...

1) The conversation between Finch and Stiffler's Mom
"Ive got scotch-aged 18 years-just the way I like it!"

2) "God Bless The Internet!"-Finch watching Jim striptease on camera

3) "We'll just tell your Mom we ate it all" (Dad Eugenec Levy to a dejected, embarrassed Jim after catching hm with the pie.

...And the line that changed thev face of "band geeks" forever.

"One Time...whencI was at band camp...I stuck... (Allison Hannigan-Michelle top a then bored Jim (before using him)..

I'm sure someone said "Make my day!"

Since you are onto quotes... what TWO famous movies is this line from?

"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Per IMDB, the actual Sierra Madre quote is "Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges."

On that topic, what movie is the source of the parody quote "We don't need no stinking badgers"?

"I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies were singing about. Truth is, I don't want to know. Some things are best left unsaid. I'd like to think they were singing about something so beautiful, it can't be expressed in words, and makes your heart ache because of it. I tell you, those voices soared higher and farther than anybody in a gray place dares to dream. It was like some beautiful bird flapped into our drab little cage and made those walls dissolve away, and for the briefest of moments, every last man in Shawshank felt free."

Reactions: wheezer
Back To School had some great lines:
Bring us a pitcher of beer every seven minutes until somebody passes out. And then bring one every ten minutes.

(Kellerman) Diane: Actually, I'd like to join you, but I have class tonight.
(Dangerfield)Thornton Melon: Oh. How 'bout tomorrow night?
Diane: I have class then, too.
Thornton Melon: I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?

What the **** is a frush?
We've got bush!
I thought I was looking at my mother's old douchebag but that's in Ohio.

Booger

It's Alive!

You probably heard we ain't in the prisoner-taken business, we in the Nazi-killin business...and cousin, business is a boomin! First Lt. Aldo Raine

"You don't understand. You see, when the sun goes down and the moon comes up I turn into a wolf" - Lon Cheney Jr.

"You and 20 million other guys" -Lou Costello

Reactions: zappaa
"As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster." IMO the best opening movie line of all time. Goodfellas.

Reactions: batts
Worm: I guess the sayings' true. In the poker game of life, women are the rake man. They are the f**kin' rake.
Mike McDermott: What the **** are you talkin' about. What saying?
Worm: I-I don't know. There ought to be one though.

Mike McDermott: Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker.

Reactions: ballgame4u
“Mr. Hooper, I’m not talkin’ about pleasure boatin’ or daily sailin’, I’m talkin’ about workin’ for a livin’, I’m talking about sharkin’!”

ADVERTISEMENT