ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Great news....we're scheduled for our first vaccine shot

We got an Email tonight confirming our appointments for Wednesday to get the first Covid vaccine shot.
The smile on my wife's face made for a great Valentine's Day.
Did you get an appointment close to your home?

My mom got her first Friday. Apparently after the 2nd is when people feel sick. She feels fine after the first

We got an Email tonight confirming our appointments for Wednesday to get the first Covid vaccine shot.
The smile on my wife's face made for a great Valentine's Day.
Good for you. I got my 89 year old mom shots at Walgreens (1st one was yesterday). I get my first tomorrow at Walgreens. They schedule both of your appointments at the same time which is convenient.

My mom had almost no reaction to first shot, slight bump at point of injection.

Last edited:
Reactions: Greg2020
Good for you. I got my 89 year old mom shots at Walgreens (1st one was yesterday). I get my first tomorrow at Walgreens. They schedule both of your appointments at the same time which is convenient.

My mom had almost no reaction to first shot, slight bump at point of injection.
My 89 year old mom in Florida got a call from her doctor's office to set up an appointment for her to come in and get her shot this week.

My mom got her first Friday. Apparently after the 2nd is when people feel sick. She feels fine after the first
Two of my kids have now gotten second Moderna shot. Both were fine after first, both had problems after second - chills and cold sweats and no sleep the night after. Then fine after 24 hours.

Two of my kids have now gotten second Moderna shot. Both were fine after first, both had problems after second - chills and cold sweats and no sleep the night after. Then fine after 24 hours.
Got my first shot on Friday at a CVS close to home in Princeton/Montgomery. They had a very efficient set-up: waited about 5 minutes to get the shot and they have you rest for 15 minutes before you leave. No after-effects except a mildly sore arm. Second shot coming on March 12.

Yeah...10 minute drive.
They said it should take 20 minutes total...and not to arrive too early.
Congrats, My wife got me an appt for 2/23 but in the Bronx. It was that or Atlantic City. I haven’t been this excited in years.

Great to hear. Glad people who need it are starting to get it

I think the supply is loosening up
I was contacted by two places I had registered with over the past week

I had the first shot in Edison on Tuesday at the convention center. Seemed to a large scale operation with about 100 staff and national guardsmen directing people to various checkin points
The process took about an hour, including the 15 minute recoup time, but I
did not think at any point that it was unorganized, because of the large number of patients they had to handle

Last edited:
Reactions: biker7766
I'm in Northern VA and 70 yrs old. My shot is scheduled for tomorrow at the local intermediate school. Registered with local health department and they reached out by email to schedule.

Registered in several places - wife and I both 70+, no appointments yet.

Keep trying on CVS website. CVS continues to release appointments. Use a couple different zip codes throughout the state.

I live in Lawrenceville and driving a hour south to Mullica Hill.

My parents got theirs at ShopRite last week. Should I be concerned, I mean... ShopRite?

Reactions: wheezer
😄😄😁
My parents got theirs at ShopRite last week. Should I be concerned, I mean... ShopRite?

Pharmacists are now trained in giving injections, would not worry about it.
In olden days it would have been forbidden

Still, watch out for the generic version

Reactions: RW90
I'm in Northern VA and 70 yrs old. My shot is scheduled for tomorrow at the local intermediate school. Registered with local health department and they reached out by email to schedule.
Got my first dose at Inova Hospital on Saturday. Unbelievably smooth process. No side effects (maybe slightly more arm soreness than a usual shot).

If you are near AC or willing to drive there, the vaccine center at the convention center have shots available.
Thanks, unfortunatly that’s over 2 hours away and we are tied down with watching grandkids who arrive at 6am, have school 8:30-12:45. and stay til 4:30.

Glad the shots seem to be getting more common.Assume in a month t hings will really open up .

Yeah thats what it seems

Thanks, unfortunatly that’s over 2 hours away and we are tied down with watching grandkids who arrive at 6am, have school 8:30-12:45. and stay til 4:30.
I think it won’t be long now. Keep checking the CVS site. Fingers crossed.

I just got a notice that RWJ is ready to begin booking vaccine shots.

Reactions: rualb
My wife and I had our first shot on the 4th at the Morris County Mega site. Everything went very smoothly. No side effects. Second shot scheduled on the 25th.

Got my first shot on Friday at a CVS close to home in Princeton/Montgomery. They had a very efficient set-up: waited about 5 minutes to get the shot and they have you rest for 15 minutes before you leave. No after-effects except a mildly sore arm. Second shot coming on March 12.

Could you please give some details of how you got your appointment at CVS? I was at the CVS website last Wednesday when they were first offering appointments. I logged on at 6:40 am and got a message page : "we are loading more appointments for you . Please check back later". I kept that web page open, it restored frequently, till 7:50 am when I gave up. The next day I logged on at 5:30 am and got the same result.
What time did you get on their website , and what happened. I'm getting very discouraged.

I just got a notice that RWJ is ready to begin booking vaccine shots.

Barnabas was how I got my shot,...... closest place for me was in edison
As I mentioned above, it is an hour long process due to the number of people

NY State site shows ONE place with appointments, 354 miles one way from here West of West Point.

Could you please give some details of how you got your appointment at CVS? I was at the CVS website last Wednesday when they were first offering appointments. I logged on at 6:40 am and got a message page : "we are loading more appointments for you . Please check back later". I kept that web page open, it restored frequently, till 7:50 am when I gave up. The next day I logged on at 5:30 am and got the same result.
What time did you get on their website , and what happened. I'm getting very discouraged.
I logged on around the same time on the first day they scheduled appointments - last Thursday 2/12. I must have gotten lucky because I did the same thing as you did. Keep trying and you should be successful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT