ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Great news....we're scheduled for our first vaccine shot

Let’s say you register at a bunch of different places . Then you finally get a vaccine appointment. How do you take yourself off the other sites ? Seems like this will logjam the system staying on all the other lists. Because those places will eventually contact you, and hold a place for you to a certain point . Seems like a massive waste of time and inefficient when you add it all up .
I registered at several sites but they will notify you to set up an appointment when the time is available but if you don’t set up an appointment they will move on to the next person.

Reactions: ArminRU
Let’s say you register at a bunch of different places . Then you finally get a vaccine appointment. How do you take yourself off the other sites ? Seems like this will logjam the system staying on all the other lists. Because those places will eventually contact you, and hold a place for you to a certain point . Seems like a massive waste of time and inefficient when you add it all up .

When I got the call from the county the message stated call back or they'll assume you don't want the vaccine. There was no mention of how long I had. I was also registered with the state. I'd hope there's some kind of coordination between the two but have no idea.

Reactions: Plum Street
When I got the call from the county the message stated call back or they'll assume you don't want the vaccine. There was no mention of how long I had. I was also registered with the state. I'd hope there's some kind of coordination between the two but have no idea.
Yeah , I hope so too. Otherwise massive disaster and part of delays

I am 79 and signed up everywhere and until last Monday heard nothing. Then my daughter must have signed me up with some Facebook site as I am not on Facebook. A Facebook volunteer texted me asking if I still needed a shot. I said yes and would go anywhere. Got me an appointment within 30 minutes 45 minutes away for 3/1. I texted him and asked if he could help my friend and his wife. Thirty minutes later had them and me together 30 minutes away in Hazlet ShopRite for today at 2. Got there at 1:30 and all of us got the Moderna and left at 2:05. Smooth as silk.

I am 79 and signed up everywhere and until last Monday heard nothing. Then my daughter must have signed me up with some Facebook site as I am not on Facebook. A Facebook volunteer texted me asking if I still needed a shot. I said yes and would go anywhere. Got me an appointment within 30 minutes 45 minutes away for 3/1. I texted him and asked if he could help my friend and his wife. Thirty minutes later had them and me together 30 minutes away in Hazlet ShopRite for today at 2. Got there at 1:30 and all of us got the Moderna and left at 2:05. Smooth as silk.
The issue is when these sites open up to sign up for the appointment. The locations don’t post when they open up and it gets filled within 5 minutes. Some of the volunteers know when the locations open up their sites.

All the sudden late last week things seemed to open up for the people I know. At this point everyone I know that was trying has been scheduled for this week coming up. CVS worked for them.

All the sudden late last week things seemed to open up for the people I know. At this point everyone I know that was trying has been scheduled for this week coming up. CVS worked for them.
That’s true And it appears it will really open up more in March with more supply. I bet they will be searching for candidates in late March.

Scheduling an appointment is tough but not impossible. You just need to put a couple days of work into it. Was able to book for my parents, who were frankly too lazy to do it.

It’s nice that the Facebook group is helping so many people.

I also heard Walmart is scheduling for 75+ only and there a few places that are only 65+.

Each day that goes by gets a little more easy. I agree with the above that by the end of March things will be Much easier.

Rec’d. M Y first shot today at Raritan center expo center expo center. Very smooth operation. It only took 20 mins from the time I joined the line until the time I recd my shot They are giving Pfizer vaccine

Have appointment in Asbury Park tomorrow - day or two after we got emails from RWJ to set up appointment, but we stayed with AP since it was already set.

We got our second Phizer shot this afternoon....Teaneck.
Very crowded.....and we had to wait in a line this time. But the line moved pretty quick. So far no side effects.
Now we just have to wait two weeks before we can think about going out to dinner.
Thank you, President Biden.

We got our second Phizer shot this afternoon....Teaneck.
Very crowded.....and we had to wait in a line this time. But the line moved pretty quick. So far no side effects.
Now we just have to wait two weeks before we can think about going out to dinner.
Thank you, President Biden.

Yes. What a better place Americans are in now.

For those trying to book appointments, there is a NJ Vaccine Bot on Twitter @C19VaxxUpdates that will push notifications to you if you follow. Set to send phone notifications and you will get notices throughout the day when spots open. But be prepared. Most appointments are posted at midnight and 5:30 am and you have to act fast.

More specifically, there is also @UCNJ_VaccineBot for Union County. I'm sure other counties have bots, also.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT