ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Greatest athlete ever?

It's funny, talking about athletes. In my family you would think that the kid that went to the NFL may have been the best athlete. But his younger brother was so much more natural...just never wanted to follow in his brother's footsteps. Funny story- As Kevin was an all state BB player along with football- coach wanted younger brother to play. Kid is about 5ft10 and 130lb in HS but wanted no part of playing but just to piss off the BB coach- when he would see him coming through the gym, younger bro would stand under the net and just simple hop up and dunk it no effort. Always refused to play. So- decided in 12th grade to give track a shot...first meet- they had him on the mile and he takes off at the start and first lap, he was almost half the track in front of everyone with this huge smile like this is so easy- he ended up losing by half a track. lol
He gave up that part of track but decided to go into the jumping events. Keep in mind- never doing it before 12th grade. He ended up breaking all his HS records for HJ/LJ/TJ that year and believe he ended up 4th in the state.
No where near all these great world class athletes but if he had even a single bit of his brother's drive for it...

Reactions: GSGS
It's funny, talking about athletes. In my family you would think that the kid that went to the NFL may have been the best athlete. But his younger brother was so much more natural...just never wanted to follow in his brother's footsteps. Funny story- As Kevin was an all state BB player along with football- coach wanted younger brother to play. Kid is about 5ft10 and 130lb in HS but wanted no part of playing but just to piss off the BB coach- when he would see him coming through the gym, younger bro would stand under the net and just simple hop up and dunk it no effort. Always refused to play. So- decided in 12th grade to give track a shot...first meet- they had him on the mile and he takes off at the start and first lap, he was almost half the track in front of everyone with this huge smile like this is so easy- he ended up losing by half a track. lol
He gave up that part of track but decided to go into the jumping events. Keep in mind- never doing it before 12th grade. He ended up breaking all his HS records for HJ/LJ/TJ that year and believe he ended up 4th in the state.
No where near all these great world class athletes but if he had even a single bit of his brother's drive for it...
My brother Tim played in the NFL, and my brother Larry played minor league baseball.
Larry at 70 is famous in NJ for playing 200 softball games a year, and multiple travel team championships...

Tip Toe Thru The Tulips.

Stupidest of All Time; Those people who cliff climb with no ropes.

He’s so tall. If he falls off the cliff he won’t travel very far.
They once asked my dad why he didn’t get bad knees from catching for 20 years.
He said “I’m short I don’t have far to squat”
Lol

While a joke, that's actually a very good reason.

This made me think of a separate catcher gear question for you. I'll bump the other thread with the question.

Reactions: zappaa
ADVERTISEMENT