ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Greatest Guitarists of All Time

Most Definitely. Chicago played Woodstock, and Jimi Hendrix was quoted as saying Kath was better than he was! Such a shame, he died young cleaning his gun.
Almost thought you were making a joke about the Smengke Bros.... lol

I also play accordion and was impressed with Levy's playing- especially the bellow shake.

MO
Mike Campbell. Petty guitarist.
There are millions of great guitarists....found this guy a few moments ago. Don't know him...but he's definitely talented.

Loved the feeling he put together....

MO

• Haha
Reactions: TM94goRU
Almost thought you were making a joke about the Smengke Bros.... lol

I also play accordion and was impressed with Levy's playing- especially the bellow shake.

MO

There are millions of great guitarists....found this guy a few moments ago. Don't know him...but he's definitely talented.

Loved the feeling he put together....

MO
Or this .....

OK I'm addicted .....Add Dovydas to the list!!!!! Plus there's a BONUS to this song...

MO

Last edited:
Reactions: AdventureHasAName
Three guys who aren't going to show up in anyone's Top 10 list, but who I think are super-underrated ...

GE Smith

Joe Walsh

Glen Campbell (I saw Alice Cooper say once that a lot the musicians of his generation considered Campbell the best guitar player of his era)

Three guys who aren't going to show up in anyone's Top 10 list, but who I think are super-underrated ...

GE Smith

Joe Walsh

Glen Campbell (I saw Alice Cooper say once that a lot the musicians of his generation considered Campbell the best guitar player of his era)

Dang! Beat me too it. Glenn Campbell is considered one of the greatest by guitarist themselves. I don’t really care for his music but his talent is undeniable.

Dang! Beat me too it. Glenn Campbell is considered one of the greatest by guitarist themselves. I don’t really care for his music but his talent is undeniable.

Glen Campbell was a sought after studio musician. He played on many of The Beach Boys hits like Help Me, Rhonda; I Get Around; Fun, Fun, Fun; and several songs on Pet Sounds.

Let’s not forget some of the great sidemen, like Scotty Moore and James Burton.

I'm a classic rock guy that grew up on blues influenced rock players like Clapton, Jimmy Page, Santana, Mark Knopfler and Jerry Garcia... so all of them shape my interests and preferences.

These days Derek Trucks (who plays an amazing slide guitar) is the most talented blues/rock guy out there imo. I also enjoy the heck out of Marcus King. That dude can rip. Gary Clark Jr also is another guy that can shred.

Reactions: RUGuitarMan
I'm a classic rock guy that grew up on blues influenced rock players like Clapton, Jimmy Page, Santana, Mark Knopfler and Jerry Garcia... so all of them shape my interests and preferences.

These days Derek Trucks (who plays an amazing slide guitar) is the most talented blues/rock guy out there imo. I also enjoy the heck out of Marcus King. That dude can rip. Gary Clark Jr also is another guy that can shred.
You have good taste in guitar players, all of them are outstanding. There is a great interview with Derek Trucks by Rick Beato on YouTube. Trucks has been one of my favorites for the past 20 years. Not only because of his talent, but the type of person he is. He’s in it for the right reasons. A musician’s musician.

• Love
Reactions: RUshore99
ADVERTISEMENT