ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Hackensack Staples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
Please don't get into politics. This is human behavior.
1. Not a single employee aided the woman thrown to the ground, who asked the other woman to properly wear her mask.

2. Check out the woman at the copier next to the woman thrown to the ground-she just goes about her business as if nothing happened.

3. Not a single person in the part of the video recorded came to her aid.

4. The woman suffered a broken tibia--she is recovering from a liver transplant.

5. Sometimes it is best to just keep your mouth shut to avoid trouble.

SMDH.

The actions in that video is disgusting and I hope they catch that ****.

Having said that, sometimes its probably for the best it you dont get involved. I know this dude who stopped a kid from robbing a bank by holding him down until police showed up. He got arrested and cursed out/threatened by office workers when led by handcuffs into the police truck until PD figured out that he was the one who stopped it. He got a couple of certificates from local politicians for it but never knew what actually ever happened to the bank robber legally. Hes been having back problems ever since but he says its his fault for being an idiot and never shouldve gotten involved.

I ‘ve been In a Staples store recently and there is normally no more than 2-3 customers in the entire store.

Expect them to go bankrupt in the near future. Everything is so expensive there which is another sign it’s going out of business. I can’t always wait for it to come in the mail and now everything coming in the mail takes longer since everyone is buying at Amazon,

Reactions: tico brown
I ‘ve been In a Staples store recently and there is normally no more than 2-3 customers in the entire store.

Expect them to go bankrupt in the near future. Everything is so expensive there which is another sign it’s going out of business.

The one up by me is very good. Usually 5-6 people in there at all times, staff is very help and they usually have what I'm looking for. I expect them to around a long time.

Reactions: tico brown
Being that she is recovering from a liver transplant if that’s true it makes it more imperative that she keeps her distance from anyone without a mask , she probably panicked when she saw the young lady in her face without one on.

All that over a mask?

Thats a violent woman picking on a 70 year old with a cane just for asking that she cover her face.

Last edited:
When I was 16 I was waiting at the A&P across from the golf course for my dad to pick me after team practice when this kid starts beating and kicking a woman she goes in a phone booth to get away but he continues. I run across the lot and level him, and sit on him so he can't get up. The woman starts screaming at ME? A cop shows up and the woman demands they arrest ME. Turns out it was her son who was beating her up. Other people tell the cop what happened. It also helped that my grandfather was on the force and the officer knew me.

The cop could see the woman was attacked and put the kid in the car, told the woman to follow them to the station, and just left me standing there which was just fine with me.

Being that she is recovering from a liver transplant if that’s true it makes it more imperative that she keeps her distance from anyone without a mask , she probably panicked when she saw the young lady in her face without one on.
Thought I was witnessing the Fabulous Moolah versus Awesome Kong.The girl tossed the older woman like a rag doll. What a Wonderful World as B1G Iz would sing.

Reactions: hankee18

Maybe she should have ordered what she needed from home and/or done curb side pickup? There had to be a Staples in her area that would have accommodated her if she called in advance and explained her situation.

My brother and my 92 yo mother are both immunocompromised, and the avoid going into stores. They order online, or they ask us to get them things that they can't get online.

All that over a mask?

Thats a violent woman picking on a 70 year old with a cane just for asking that she cover her face.

The woman with the cane is in her 50's. Who knows what she said to the woman who threw her to the ground, but regardless of what she said, did it justify the response and the physical violence? Of course not.

But that gets to the point above- people should know that they will encounter people who are not wearing masks in stores or in public. Some have legitimate reasons for not wearing them and others do not. People should ask themselves if it is worth getting into a confrontation over mask wearing. The older woman with the cane had mask over her nose and mouth AND a face shield, AND the copiers were separated by plastic shielding.

What is a legitimate reason for not wearing a mask
If you are on oxygen for one.
Some people have breathing issues.
The woman who threw the other woman to the ground was wearing a mask. She had pulled it down below her nose (maybe her mouth). Maybe there was a reason for that. Personally, I would never say something to someone not wearing a mask. It's none of my business, and if I don't like it or the store policy of enforcing masks, I will not go to that store. Simple. Not going to get into a self-righteous confrontation over it. Still, the other woman should be ashamed of herself. There is NOTHING that could have been said that justified violence.

Maybe she should have ordered what she needed from home and/or done curb side pickup? There had to be a Staples in her area that would have accommodated her if she called in advance and explained her situation.

My brother and my 92 yo mother are both immunocompromised, and the avoid going into stores. They order online, or they ask us to get them things that they can't get online.

The woman with the cane is in her 50's. Who knows what she said to the woman who threw her to the ground, but regardless of what she said, did it justify the response and the physical violence? Of course not.

But that gets to the point above- people should know that they will encounter people who are not wearing masks in stores or in public. Some have legitimate reasons for not wearing them and others do not. People should ask themselves if it is worth getting into a confrontation over mask wearing. The older woman with the cane had mask over her nose and mouth AND a face shield, AND the copiers were separated by plastic shielding.
It was an act of violence caught on camera. Nothing you say is relevant here though I agree with your thoughts. I am not pro mask or anti mask. The jury is out to me. But you don’t throw someone to the ground when she’s got a cane. That’s just wrong.

Expect them to go bankrupt in the near future. Everything is so expensive there which is another sign it’s going out of business. I can’t always wait for it to come in the mail and now everything coming in the mail takes longer since everyone is buying at Amazon,

Your post has nothing to do with the point of the thread

The woman who threw the other woman to the ground was wearing a mask. She had pulled it down below her nose (maybe her mouth). Maybe there was a reason for that. Personally, I would never say something to someone not wearing a mask. It's none of my business, and if I don't like it or the store policy of enforcing masks, I will not go to that store. Simple. Not going to get into a self-righteous confrontation over it. Still, the other woman should be ashamed of herself. There is NOTHING that could have been said that justified violence.
I would say something and have about 4 weeks ago... a route driver making deliverers but wait ....didn’t NJ put into effect required masks for all those inside stores just recently ? If you don’t wish to say something directly then make the store management aware of the problem.

Reactions: Knightmoves

You’re not allowed into the store without a face covering period , if you you have the mask down around your chin and not covering your mouth and nose then you should not be in the store. The younger lady should have never gotten into the other lady’s personal space, mask or no mask, social distancing .

If they have breathing issues they should stay the fu!k home. You sound like your defending that scumbag. She should be thrown in a wood chipper
She didn’t have a breathing issue at least the article didn’t show her with an oxygen tank. She had a recent liver transplant but just maybe your vile comment needs an adjustment. Tough talk on a Rutger’s sports board. My guess is you are single ...age 30-35 ... and had a early life in which you despise women in general. Your “ wood chipper “ comment shows a troubled person and for the record if the woman was on O2 even more reason to be sympathetic.Someday you too may be in this woman’s situation.

Last edited:
Please don't get into politics. This is human behavior.
1. Not a single employee aided the woman thrown to the ground, who asked the other woman to properly wear her mask.

2. Check out the woman at the copier next to the woman thrown to the ground-she just goes about her business as if nothing happened.

3. Not a single person in the part of the video recorded came to her aid.

4. The woman suffered a broken tibia--she is recovering from a liver transplant.

5. Sometimes it is best to just keep your mouth shut to avoid trouble.

SMDH.

This is unsettling but not surprising. As Christianity, and it's values, are kicked to the curb, something fills the void. In our culture, it's often worry about yourself and don't get involved.

Just mind your own business. It's not your role to be the Charles Bronson of mask enforcement. Looks like the suspect had a mask but may have just forgotten to cover up momentarily. Yeah, and the ppl there are a disgrace for not helping the lady on the ground. NJ for ya.

Just mind your own business. It's not your role to be the Charles Bronson of mask enforcement. Looks like the suspect had a mask but may have just forgotten to cover up momentarily. Yeah, and the ppl there are a disgrace for not helping the lady on the ground. NJ for ya.

Agreed but I wouldn't say NJ for ya

The more west and south you go, the nicer the people are in NJ

K.S.,for your consideration.There are supplements that can help a compromised immune system.My physician ,an integrative D.O.,has my Grand Daughter,who has Lupus,on NAC.jUST ONE OF A NUMBER OF IMMUNE ENHANCING SUBSTANCES THAT ARE googleable.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Despite what touchy-feely car commercials may want you to believe these days, we are not all in this together. It is remarkable how increasingly polarized everything is. You can’t even turn to sports for an escape anymore without some “lecture” shoved down our collective gullet. I’m thinking my landscaping will never look better, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
My mom is on oxygen from 2 bouts of lung cancer and she always wears a mask. It causes zero problems

You can destroy all the books you want but the word of God will last forever in the minds of the people. Remember the outrage and uproar over the burnings of the Koran? Not in a Muslim country but in the USA.

Reactions: RuRats27
She didn’t have a breathing issue at least the article didn’t show her with an oxygen tank. She had a recent liver transplant but just maybe your vile comment needs an adjustment. Tough talk on a Rutger’s sports board. My guess is you are single ...age 30-35 ... and had a early life in which you despise women in general. Your “ wood chipper “ comment shows a troubled person and for the record if the woman was on O2 even more reason to be sympathetic.Someday you too may be in this woman’s situation.
Hey buddy get some reading comprehension with you. I’m responding to the post that said people had legitimate reasons to not wear a mask those are the ones who should stay home not the older lady that had a mask. The wood chipper is for the young girl that tossed the lady onto the floor. All that other nonsense about Sing golden women haters and 35 years old is about as dumb as your fake tough guy post from last week.

Reactions: Greg2020

Agree with everything except there is no legit reason for anyone in a store to not wear a mask. If a medical reason(stay the f home. But I am very hard pressed to understand any reason not to wear one. Also, looks like you younger girl had one, just wasn’t wearing it properly.
Who knows what transpired but the younger girl needs to be prosecuted to the fullest.
The other people in the store need to be embarrassed as well. One person even pushing the fallen divider out of the way so they could finish what they were doing

Agree with everything except there is no legit reason for anyone in a store to not wear a mask. If a medical reason(stay the f home. But I am very hard pressed to understand any reason not to wear one. Also, looks like you younger girl had one, just wasn’t wearing it properly.
Who knows what transpired but the younger girl needs to be prosecuted to the fullest.
The other people in the store need to be embarrassed as well. One person even pushing the fallen divider out of the way so they could finish what they were doing
Maybe she was in a hurry.

Hey buddy get some reading comprehension with you. I’m responding to the post that said people had legitimate reasons to not wear a mask those are the ones who should stay home not the older lady that had a mask. The wood chipper is for the young girl that tossed the lady onto the floor. All that other nonsense about Sing golden women haters and 35 years old is about as dumb as your fake tough guy post from last week.
No my comprehension is fine. You mentioned nothing about the younger woman. You said
the woman who had the liver transplant “ should stay the F home”... you made no direct distinction when calling for the wood chipper. Perhaps you should have said “ the younger @ scum.....g “ but you didn’t. Never made claim as a tough guy but , if what I said here , about your vile post rings true , then you prove once again you are damaged in ways that need mucho ayuda amigo.

Reactions: RUMETSJETSDEVILS
Could you please translate “ Sing golden women haters “ WTH is that... go have another drink or fill up the bong.

I see your original post does not appear any longer. That’s funny.. unless I missed it?

Thought there would be more expressions of compassion, but instead, the thread escalated into a donnybrook.
The older women was abused no question . The question is how will the media react after they catch the younger woman and her lawyer makes the claim the old woman attacked her with the cane?

Again- think that #5 is the correct answer--it is just not worth it to confront someone over something you can avoid. That still does not excuse the physical violence.
Yup. Better off minding your own business. You dont get hurt, killed, sued, etc. Damm shame but it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT