ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Hafley to BC??

Wonder if it was a conversion. Been to Chestnut Hill before they don’t have ANY open space there.
https://www.bc.edu/bc-web/bcnews/athletics-recreation/department-news/fish-field-house.html

Looks like it was ground up:

They tore down the bubble (just do it!!!!):
https://bcheights.com/2017/03/23/bpda-approves-athletics-bc-indoor-practice-facility/
Last Thursday, the Boston Planning and Development Agency (BPDA) approved the University’s plans for an indoor practice facility adjacent to Alumni Stadium. The facility, also labeled by BC as a field house, will serve to replace the bubble as BC Athletics’ primary practice space during the winter months. The field house will be 115,700 square feet, where Shea Field is currently located. It is one of three primary projects related to BC Athletics that has been announced over the last year, the other two being the replacement for the Flynn Recreation Complex and the Brighton Athletic Fields, where baseball and softball are scheduled to move by the 2018 season. The total cost for the three projects will be around $200 million.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
https://www.bc.edu/bc-web/bcnews/athletics-recreation/department-news/fish-field-house.html

Looks like it was ground up:

They tore down the bubble (just do it!!!!):
https://bcheights.com/2017/03/23/bpda-approves-athletics-bc-indoor-practice-facility/
Last Thursday, the Boston Planning and Development Agency (BPDA) approved the University’s plans for an indoor practice facility adjacent to Alumni Stadium. The facility, also labeled by BC as a field house, will serve to replace the bubble as BC Athletics’ primary practice space during the winter months. The field house will be 115,700 square feet, where Shea Field is currently located. It is one of three primary projects related to BC Athletics that has been announced over the last year, the other two being the replacement for the Flynn Recreation Complex and the Brighton Athletic Fields, where baseball and softball are scheduled to move by the 2018 season. The total cost for the three projects will be around $200 million.

Well that’s one way to find new space lol!

Reactions: Knight Shift
Addazio replaced Spaziani who replaced Jagodinski who replaced O’Brien. BC isn’t a school known for making splashy hires

Reactions: madchuck
Kirby Smart: Alabama DC to Georgia HC
Jeremy Pruitt: Alabama DC to Tennessee HC

Numerous examples of coordinators and position coaches getting promoted from within, Lincoln Riley, Ed Orgeron, Ryan Day, etc. I think if Hafley holds out one more year, the world will open up for him. I also could understand why he would go to BC if he feels he’s ready and wants to make the step right now.

Bottom line is this, Greg Schiano will not be worried about what Hafley is doing.
Good memory with Smart and Pruitt! Promoting from within is a different beast though.

Good memory with Smart and Pruitt! Promoting from within is a different beast though.
Mark Stoops at Kentucky is another, Fisher at FSU, Richt at UGA...there are plenty....you either have it or you don't also don't think internal promotions are too different either...again you either have it or you don't.

Mark Stoops at Kentucky is another, Fisher at FSU, Richt at UGA...there are plenty....you either have it or you don't also don't think internal promotions are too different either...again you either have it or you don't.
Meh, disagree on those. Kentucky is not a football blueblood. Basketball, sure but that's another story. Fisher was hired as Bowden's HC in waiting to at FSU (with overlap). Richt was hired as Georgia HC in 2000. That's ancient history.

Reactions: penzancepoint
Meh, disagree on those. Kentucky is not a football blueblood. Basketball, sure but that's another story. Fisher was hired as Bowden's HC in waiting to at FSU (with overlap). Richt was hired as Georgia HC in 2000. That's ancient history.
Oh didn’t realize it was about blue bloods didn’t see that post above. Thought just about coordinators doing well as HCs.

Not sure what difference being way in the past matters it’s not like he was a coach from way back he was just UGA’s last coach before Smart. Florida hired Muschamp too. LSU Miles. OU Stoops etc...

Oh didn’t realize it was about blue bloods didn’t see that post above. Thought just about coordinators doing well as HCs.

Not sure what difference being way in the past matters it’s not like he was a coach from way back he was just UGA’s last coach before Smart. Florida hired Muschamp too. LSU Miles. OU Stoops etc...
I think it's the salaries. These salaries are getting so astronomical it's become that much more critical to make the right hire. And while there are no guarantees, there just seems to be an added layer of risk when you hire a coordinator from another place (someone with no experience as HC). When you hire a coordinator from within, there's risk there as we've clearly seen with KF, but at least there's less transition and the coordinator should already know and understand the players, the administration, the culture, etc. Twenty years ago, I didn't feel the HC salary was that percentage difference from top to bottom of 1-A. We're not talking about inflation these last 20 years. It's out of control. We put out money for GS like we've never put out before and he's tied with Lovie at 12th out of 14 coaches in the B1G for Crissakes.

Reactions: zazoo2002
I think it's the salaries. These salaries are getting so astronomical it's become that much more critical to make the right hire. And while there are no guarantees, there just seems to be an added layer of risk when you hire a coordinator from another place (someone with no experience as HC). When you hire a coordinator from within, there's risk there as we've clearly seen with KF, but at least there's less transition and the coordinator should already know and understand the players, the administration, the culture, etc. Twenty years ago, I didn't feel the HC salary was that percentage difference from top to bottom of 1-A. We're not talking about inflation these last 20 years. It's out of control. We put out money for GS like we've never put out before and he's tied with Lovie at 12th out of 14 coaches in the B1G for Crissakes.
No doubt it 's crazy money and crazy buyouts. It's sensible to want a guy with previous HC experience and I know I'm way more open to all sorts of options than most here but between coordinators and prior HCs I never really see an appreciable difference in success/failure....so I'm like why narrow the pool if there's evidence to do so. If I saw a difference I'd agree but I don't notice it.

Reactions: RUSK97
Not sure why ppl are concerned.
Hafley recruits NJ right now for OSU
If he gets the job he will recruit NJ for BC.

Can he sell to BC to recruits better than OSU?
or is it he will now recruit 3 star recruits from NJ as we are?

Either way Greg has to out recruit him for both 3&4* recruits of he is going to turn it around here.

Exactly. I’d rather have us gain an advantage against osu in recruiting with no jersey guys on their staff. Us against BC is a battle I feel very comfortable with these days.
We need elite players

Would think it better for Hafley to BC than for him to stay at tOSU and RU lose A Camp to BC.

I wonder how involved Nunzio is in the discussion / negotiation.
Between Nunzio & Anthony, who will be HC first? Not interim, but full time. Will the one take the other on his staff or put it in another way, will the one join the other's staff, possibly sacrificing career advancement via another coaching tree?

I saw a tweet today saying that Hafley was in Arizona today recruiting one of OSU’s DB targets.

He still seems to think Hafley is in it along with Washington and Elko.

Reading an article or two from this guy, BC is in rougher shape than I would have thought. They have a ton of guys transferring, are losing a lot of talent, are faced with a greatly diminished recruiting cycle for 2019, and yet will have expectations for the new coach.

I'm not sure Hafley takes this job -- he could be in line for better a year from now. Even if he does, I'm not sure BC would be more attractive than Rutgers for an assistant candidate.

Also, there do not seem to be any rumors about a Campinale ending up at BC presently.

Bret Bielema's name has surfaced as a possible option at BC in case Hafley turns it down.

So if they hire AC, does he take Nunzio with him?
Anthony left the BC co-DC position for the Michigan LB Coach spot after the 2018 season
The other co-DC (Jim Reid) was demoted to DE coach after the 2018 season ended.

I don't think AC will be in the mix for the BC HC job

Bret Bielema's name has surfaced as a possible option at BC in case Hafley turns it down.
I’ve seen his name mentioned as well. I’ve never seen AC’s named mentioned for it except here but you know Pittman at Arkansas and Addazio at CSU came out of left field so who knows.

I’ve seen his name mentioned as well. I’ve never seen AC’s named mentioned for it except here but you know Pittman at Arkansas and Addazio at CSU came out of left field so who knows.
Just Twitter chatter, but some mentions that Addazio would offer Anthony C the DC job at Colorado State.

They built their facility for $52MM in Boston and Schiano needs $150MM?
Shifts article says $200m for 3 projects of which 1 is baseball and softball field stuff. Hard to imagine 52 for a fieldhouse and 150 for the other 2.

Plus Iirc Greg wanted 150 for way more than just a indoor practice facility Cali.

Reactions: hiwater
Shifts article says $200m for 3 projects of which 1 is baseball and softball field stuff. Hard to imagine 52 for a fieldhouse and 150 for the other 2.

Plus Iirc Greg wanted 150 for way more than just a indoor practice facility Cali.
True. I believe I read that the 150 mil is for the indoor facility, a new football only home to replace the Hale center and for some serious upgrades to the stadium.

Reactions: hiwater
ADVERTISEMENT