ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Happy National Pizza Day!

T2Kplus10

Hall of Famer
Feb 24, 2010
What's your place or places (in case you have subcategories of pizza)?

Tomato Pies/Thin Crust - De Lorenzo's in Robbinsville (beware of those fake locations)
Regular/Traditional - Genteel's in Montgomery
Gourmet - Nomad in Hopewell

Honorable mentions - Conte's in Princeton, Joe's in Hillsborough (which has an amazing Brooklyn Thin), and Martio's in Nanuet, NY (my wife's childhood pizza joint, amazing bar style pies).

Overall Best - De Lorenzo's

Wow weather person day and national pizza day are in the same week! If martini day and cheesecake day were this week, it would be the perfect week!!

Federici’s in Freehold still has great thin crust pizza after all these years. The shrimp scampi pie is our favorite.

Reactions: RUBlackout
I have been going to Cafe Napoli in Manchester for over 20 years. Maybe not the best ever, but very good. The crazy thing is that EVERY time, it is exactly the same. It doesn’t matter what year, what day, what time, it is always very good. Whoever owns it must be fantastic at training new people. It is in the Shop Rite/ Lowe’s Shopping Center on Route 70 West near the Lakehurst Naval Air Base.

What's your place or places (in case you have subcategories of pizza)?

Tomato Pies/Thin Crust - De Lorenzo's in Robbinsville (beware of those fake locations)
Regular/Traditional - Genteel's in Montgomery
Gourmet - Nomad in Hopewell

Honorable mentions - Conte's in Princeton, Joe's in Hillsborough (which has an amazing Brooklyn Thin), and Martio's in Nanuet, NY (my wife's childhood pizza joint, amazing bar style pies).

Overall Best - De Lorenzo's
Delorenzo's is very good but it is not a tomato pie. Papa's is also very good while being more filling. Both co-champs in this area.

Delorenzo's is very good but it is not a tomato pie. Papa's is also very good while being more filling. Both co-champs in this area.
De Lo's is a tomato pie. Says so right on the sign. :)
images

There are no fake Delorenzo's? The brother is in Hamilton and that one is also very good. The PA one is the Robbinsville owner.

Star Tavern, Federici's, Conte's Kinchley's all very good in that order. I could do this argument for days. Still love Manco and Manco's ( Mack & Manco). More to come.

Thin - Angeloni’s In Caldwell
Landmark in Livingston
Fiamma in Millburn, Montclair, Morristown
Overrated: Star Tavern - good not great

Regular - Millie’s Meatballs in Morristown

There are no fake Delorenzo's? The brother is in Hamilton and that one is also very good. The PA one is the Robbinsville owner.

Star Tavern, Federici's, Conte's Kinchley's all very good in that order. I could do this argument for days. Still love Manco and Manco's ( Mack & Manco). More to come.
Only the ones in Robbinsville and Yardley are legit. Ignore the brothers and uncles, stick with the real deal.

As for Mack & Manco's, never tried it, but a huge fan of Mack's in Stone Harbor. I assume they are connected?

People from the Scranton area will know Old Forge as the self proclaimed pizza capital of the world. Old time bars and unique pizza with their own lingo unknown to Jerseyans. The jewel of the area is just outside there in the town in Dupont. Cebula's pizza. We have driven an hour and 45 minutes just to get pizza at Cebula's and bring home $40 to $50 more of it for the week to share with friends and family. Most likely a potato crust with probably a mix of yellow and white American cheese left in the oven just right to get a crispy layer that singes the roof of the mouth as it is inhaled.

sorry you dont put peaches on pizza..this is not a pizza
Fired-Up Flatbread

Why are there not more pizza trucks? Got me. Fired-Up Flatbread owner Marc Viscomi found a former Snap-on Tools truck in Vermont, spent about $70,000 retrofitting it and opened his Fired-Up Flatbread pizza truck in May 2014 at the Flemington Farmer's Market. Check his Facebook page for the truck schedule. A pizza with local peaches, fresh mozzarella, Brie, prosciutto, shaved Parmesan and arugula — how could one resist? The Just Peachy pie is shown here. The Gabby pizza, with organic tomatoes, scamorza (a dry mozzarella), olive oil, sea salt and sausage, is also recommended.

662_fired2.jpeg

Reactions: T2Kplus10
before moving to the boonies... Atillios in the Tinton Falls shopping center, 3 Brothers on ocean ave in Belmar(i'd always get winter time prices cuz i know the owner and i'm not a north joisey benny #BennyGoHome

Brothers Pizza in Hamilton and Cranbury Pizza in Cranbury are my go-tos. I'm not big on those "destination" pizza shops, but living in the Trenton area I do support DeLorenzo's Tomato Pies.

ADVERTISEMENT