ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Heavy Rain Thursday (2/3), Ending as Some Freezing Rain, Sleet, Snow Friday?

You resort to bullying and cheering for bullying? How very liberal of you.

snowflake-3317-423a9ae38f3342e0c130c5473fee6d3c@1x.jpg

You resort to bullying and cheering for bullying? How very liberal of you. Why don't you just challenge him to a push-up contest?
4Real is pretty far away from being liberal and last I checked bullying knows no political persuasion, but nice try getting a thread derailed by going political. Typical CE move.

Reactions: knightfan7
4Real is pretty far away from being liberal and last I checked bullying knows no political persuasion, but nice try getting a thread derailed by going political. Typical CE move.

It's really quite simple.

You troll the thread, you get mocked.

T2k knows what he's getting into.

What a baby bringing up CE everytime in an argument

How about you step up and join the discussion there about the covid narrative falling apart

It's only been in the thread title since the first post, lol - but admittedly hasn't been the priority of the thread, because freezing rain is a far more dangerous winter precip type. At least the coming week should be pretty dry for you.
In fairness, in our locale (mine, @koleszar , @knightfan7 and @e5fdny ), the NWS said no accumulation expected. Estimating we had about 1/4" of snow/crust this morning.

Reactions: koleszar
If it does get that warm maybe the leftover snow from last weekend will finally be gone cause I ain't touching it. I'm done.
We trudged through a lot of snow/slush on First Ave yesterday after a cold walk on the beach and getting caught in the rain. The streets/sidewalks were a mess on First Ave. Guess they don't have or enforce a shoveling ordinance in Manasquan?

We trudged through a lot of snow/slush on First Ave yesterday after a cold walk on the beach and getting caught in the rain. The streets/sidewalks were a mess on First Ave. Guess they don't have or enforce a shoveling ordinance in Manasquan?
A lot of people aren't here year-round. Besides with the crappy way the town handled snow removal on 1st especially, I bet a lot of folks said screw it.

A lot of people aren't here year-round. Besides with the crappy way the town handled snow removal on 1st especially, I bet a lot of folks said screw it.
Looked that way. We had better luck on the East side of 1st Ave, which was not too bad. The sidewalked side of the street was a slushterfluck. There was a front end loader that was pretty busy still picking up snow down by the inlet. We still enjoyed our walk.

Not worth a thread, IMO, but be on the lookout for possible light icing tomorrow around the morning rush hour with a few hundredths of an inch of freezing rain possible, especially along 95 and towards the coast. Could result in slippery driveways, sidewalks and maybe lightly traveled sidestreets. Temps should be above 32F by late morning. Advisories have not been issues by the NWS, but they discuss the risk in their discussions.

Beyond this, the rest of the week looks great for outdoor activities with highs in the 40s and lots of sunshine and no precip likely through the weekend, including no risks of wintry weather. Looking farther ahead, the next shot at wintry weather is around Valentine's Day, but that's way too far out to worry about now.

https://www.weather.gov/phi/

Not worth a thread, IMO, but be on the lookout for possible light icing tomorrow around the morning rush hour with a few hundredths of an inch of freezing rain possible, especially along 95 and towards the coast. Could result in slippery driveways, sidewalks and maybe lightly traveled sidestreets. Temps should be above 32F by late morning. Advisories have not been issues by the NWS, but they discuss the risk in their discussions.

Beyond this, the rest of the week looks great for outdoor activities with highs in the 40s and lots of sunshine and no precip likely through the weekend, including no risks of wintry weather. Looking farther ahead, the next shot at wintry weather is around Valentine's Day, but that's way too far out to worry about now.

You just can’t let it go, can you…lol

Have…to…get…to…six…pages…or…☠️

Reactions: goru1869

I at least want the last snow to melt before we talk about another storm.

See what you can do about that ok?😄

What a baby bringing up CE everytime in an argument

How about you step up and join the discussion there about the covid narrative falling apart
Are you denying that one of the CE board right wing regulars was the first one to bring up politics in this thread? When I see that I criticize it, as that's how these threads get derailed, although this one's done, so I don't really care if this one gets locked now. And, of course, you went even further by bringing up the unmentionable topic. Why would I waste my time arguing with people who are incapable of understanding the science? That's Einstein's old definition of insanity.

Are you denying that one of the CE board right wing regulars was the first one to bring up politics in this thread? When I see that I criticize it, as that's how these threads get derailed, although this one's done, so I don't really care if this one gets locked now. And, of course, you went even further by bringing up the unmentionable topic. Why would I waste my time arguing with people who are incapable of understanding the science? That's Einstein's old definition of insanity.
Reported.

Reactions: goru1869
So Friday night around 6:45 went out to drop Corey at the bowling alley, had a layer of ice on the car that I had to scrape. A bit on the driveway, but nothing to be concerned about. Roads were fine. Dropped him, hit Stop & Plop to pick up some fries for dinner later, and when I came out it was lightly snowing. Looked pretty coming down, but didn't stick.

If it does get that warm maybe the leftover snow from last weekend will finally be gone cause I ain't touching it. I'm done.

I sure as hell hope so, I have outdoor Christmas decorations which have been frozen to the ground for over 3 weeks.

You just can’t let it go, can you…lol

Have…to…get…to…six…pages…or…☠️
What fun would that be? I'd probably start one if the board had decent moderation and it wouldn't get trolled mercilessly (which it would without an advisory), but it's just not worth the grief. This system also has no real chance of overperforming and becoming a significant event like Friday's was for people along/N of 80 and even in parts of NENJ, NYC, and LI, where >0.1" of icing occurred - there's simply not enough moisture to even get 0.05" of ice from this one (although even that can make things slippery).

I wouldn't mind a flamethrower, but I don't drink, so I can't be a drunk like RQ. LOL!
Why don't you drink? Always curious on that, as neither do I.

For me, primary reason is never liked the taste of any alcoholic beverage. Second, never enjoyed the effect. There are other reasons that mattered less, but on the plus side, have saved boatloads of money and trouble by not drinking, and used to asked to go to bars to be the designated driver.

For me, primary reason is never liked the taste of any alcoholic beverage. Second, never enjoyed the effect. There are other reasons that mattered less, but on the plus side, have saved boatloads of money and trouble by not drinking, and used to asked to go to bars to be the designated driver.
Mostly the same here. I do drink, but sparingly, and generally only when I want to get buzzed, which is once in awhile, like at a party we're hosting (where I don't have to drive). I don't really like the taste of most drinks, apart from maybe mimosas and sangria, which essentially hide the alcohol taste. And yeah, have saved boatloads of cash while watching friends blow $100-$200 on a night out drinking aged Scotch and such - and have almost always been the designated driver when we go out. My wife stopped drinking completely about 15 years ago, as she has a heart issue and alcohol makes her heart race, which isn't fun.

Me too, just don't like the taste. Beer, yuck. Hard stuff, double yuck. Wine? Okay, perhaps a few sips at a ultra fancy restaurant, but that is few and far between. Maybe once a year or so. At a bar in college and early adulthood, I would buy a beer and just hold onto it all night long without drinking it. Yes, I know, very lame!

Also fun facts about yours truly:

1. I literally never tried coffee in my life. Not joking. Never. I've had coffee flavored desserts like tiramisu, but that's it.
2. I don't drink any caffeinated drinks. Only soda that I have from time to time is Sprite. I probably drink water 90% of the time and the other 10% various fruit juices.
3. Tried a cigarette once in my life. Smoking is disgusting.
4. Never tried weed (see reason #3).
5. Anything harder than weed. Yet right, don't even bother asking. LOL!

😁

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT