ADVERTISEMENT

OT: HOMELAND this season

It’s funny they have a female president thinking Hillary was going to be elected. If they knew, they would have someone like a Trump as President.

Reactions: ManasquanMike
I gave up on it last season. It got too ridiculous for me. Maybe I need to give it another shot.
You do.. 1000% better this season.

You will likely need to review all the crap that ended last season.. because the story kinda takes off from there... but is much, much, better.

Last edited:
There is no way in hell someone as ****ed up as she is, NOT taking her meds, would ever be able to (consistently) do and get away with the shit that she gets away with, let's be real....but it makes for great tv that's for sure!

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
I thought the show was failing until the last 2 episodesand it became interesting. I thought last season was very good.

There is no way in hell someone as ****ed up as she is, NOT taking her meds, would ever be able to (consistently) do and get away with the shit that she gets away with, let's be real....but it makes for great tv that's for sure!
But she is taking her meds.. and has been. minor *SPOILER*.. it was suggested earlier this season that her meds might be less effective

But she is taking her meds.. and has been. minor *SPOILER*.. it was suggested earlier this season that her meds might be less effective

No she isn’t ...not the ones she was put on because the lithium was no longer working...NOR is she sleeping. She’s literally doing everything wrong. If she was taking them, properly, she’d be crashing hard which is why she’s NOT taking them (and making her batshit...).

Last edited:
My daughter worked on the crew this season. Primary filming location was Richmond, VA. I am an extra on the final episode this season - play a US senator.

Well, look at you... lucky SOB! Did you get to meet Clair Danes?

Was getting frustrated with the first 4-5 episodes this season, but the last couple have really picked up and made the season very interesting.

Reactions: PaRU102
Was getting frustrated with the first 4-5 episodes this season, but the last couple have really picked up and made the season very interesting.
The show has always been at its best when it’s not all about Carrie. The storylines this season have accomplished that and made it so much more enjoyable

Reactions: RUinOhio
Definitely up there as one of the better seasons. Still like 1 and 2 more but we’ll see how this ends up.

It’s funny they have a female president thinking Hillary was going to be elected. If they knew, they would have someone like a Trump as President.
Reading a great book by Dale Brown Price of Duty ha has a Hillary type character as President giving up eastern Europe to the Russians.... so far off ts comical as Trump leg humps Putin weekly

This is an excellent show, but these days the events depicted
are less convoluted than is current reality. From the possible collusion between Trump and Putin to the brazen Russian nerve gas attack on Russian exiles in London, what is happening right now exceeds any screenwriter's imagination. Life is not only imitating art but is reaching new heights of absurdity.

Reactions: KevH
Spoiler: when the chief of staff can order the joint chiefs of the military to launch missiles without the President or Congress knowing about it, that's when the show lost all credibility for me.

looks like Carrie went One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest at the end of this episode.

Reactions: RUDead
Really liking this season now. Started off badly, but the second half has been excellent IMO.

I love the show and I am current. Carrie surely needs her meds. I feel bad about her daughter/situation but she brings it on herself. Ive seen Clair Danes on talk shows & he is remarkably laid back...she is a good actress.

My thought on Homeland this season is that it is a well-reasoned, well-written show. Horrible things happen.. but there is always a reason.. a believable reason.

Take Carey and her kid... The only person not acting reasonably (for a sane person) is Carey.. and there are good explanations for that (insanity.. illness.. drive to do her job and protect the homeland).

Soo many times in lesser shows the audience can easy think/say something like.. "Why doesn't she just do X?".. or "Why the hell did she do Y?".. and that the only reason for some action, some "decision".. is to advance the story to the next planned out scene. Nothing seems natural about it.. (looking at you TWD).

Great show but very tired of Carey (and Clare Danes). Glad to hear it's nearing the end. Time to finish this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT