ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Horace Clarke dead at 81

RUhasarrived

All American
May 7, 2007
The Yankees'10 year second baseman,a symbol of their mediocre era after the end of the 1921-1964 dynasty,has passed away.

My memory of him was his game winning 20th inning single vs Boston at a quarter to 2 in the morning on Aug.29,1967,the night Dr.Kimble finally caught the one armed man.

Don’t laugh that is not out of the realm of possibility. Like a Mad Max movie this what you are seeing in these cities daily. Not funny but very sad anyway.

God my older sister loved David janssen, Richard Kimble.

NYC was much worse in the 70’s.
You are not telling me something about 1960’s -1970’s under Dinkins and Ed Koch .It was a very bad atmosphere throughout Manhattan ...Though Broadway claims they will reopen in January that may or may not happen... Canadians and European travelers tremendously boost the ticket sales especially between October through New Years...going to a lonely Rockefeller Christmas 2020.

Do you have to derail every thread?
What is your problem ? What thread... it wasn’t on the pandemic board.The poster I was speaking with mentioned the 70’s and since you weren’t out of the womb don’t pigeonhole it as a hijacking. Use your head ...

What is your problem ? What thread... it wasn’t on the pandemic board.The poster I was speaking with mentioned the 70’s and since you weren’t out of the womb don’t pigeonhole it as a hijacking. Use your head ...
I would say use your head but it seems broken

Reactions: Kbee3
NYC was much worse in the 70’s.

As a high school and college kid in the 70's I was never afraid to go into NY. I use to tell my friend to walk down the street with this glazed look in your eyes and nobody will bother you. Looking back on it now it was bad. I can almost hear the sax from Taxi Driver in the background.
Always thought that that movie caught the essence of what the city was like back then.

Last edited:
Reactions: beaced and RUBOB72
Hey White Bus how many games did you attend to see Horace Clark. Since I grew up a Yankees Fan ...lived an hour away and saw him his first game in person and at least 20 other games during his career this was not about Clarke. It was about the conditions in New at the time and guess what. They sucked. Don’t start with the personal attacks.

As a high school and college kid in the 70's I was never afraid to go into NY. I use to tell my friend to walk down the street with this glazed look in your eyes and nobody will bother you. Looking back on it now it was bad. I can almost here the sax from Taxi Driver in the background.
Always thought that that movie caught the essence of what the city was like back then.
Thank you ...evidently some just love to start unnecessary crap...

And maybe you should bring something to your stupid posts. What is your issue with Horace??

Do you read or just babble on...go back 8 minutes ago and see my post on Clarke ... Did see Clark play and if so what years. Remember here’s a clue ... born in 1939 ...drafted 1958— played first game in 1965 —- retired 1974.

Talk about drunk
Did you read the post ? You still refuse to answer yes or no... I know I.m 70 ...I know his records ... I remember his unusual stance from the right side...btw he was a SH....if you were born after 1970 you never saw the man play ... so your faux outrage is like some other fake things in the world.

Last edited:
Do me a B1G favor try to really read ...I ‘m guilty of that but I at least admit it... you never admit when your wrong (now your done ) and I’m done...btw were you born in the 60’s ?
Here’s the thing ...I don’t believe I called you a “drunk” in any response but I sure as see your thread calling me one...I don’t drink more than 3-4 beers or several bottles of good wine in a year....I stopped drinking after watching people embarrass themselves at Rutgers tailgates ...plus I did it because it’s not necessary...

Last edited:
Reactions: skindawgs
Did you read the post ? You still refuse to answer yes or no... I know I.m 70 ...I know his records ... I remember his unusual stance from the right side...btw he was a SH....
Could not read the post because you are drunk and don't how to reply. Sober up

Could not read the post because you are drunk and don't how to reply. Sober up
The post is crystal clear ... you got caught showing your ignorance...and drugs ... no I don’t take drugs and crack but I bet you did and still may... statistics don’t lie...you keep proving that your not very intelligent.

Reactions: skindawgs
The post is crystal clear ... you got caught showing your ignorance...and drugs ... no I don’t take drugs and crack but I bet you did and still may... statistics don’t lie...you keep proving that your not very intelligent.
Dude your post isn't crystal clear. You f-uped

Quit while your ahead...dude you must be what late 40’s -early 50’s ...you never saw Horace Clarke play.

The best part of NY when I was a kid was the World's Fair in 1964. After my dad passed away, I was 7, my uncle use to take me over there almost every Sunday.
#11 bus from Elizabeth to Newark,catch the bus there for Port Authority (now that was a scary place) and then take the #7 train to Flushing (follow the blue arrows to the World's Fair).
As a little kid I never thought I would see things like that in my life.

Reactions: Section124
You better clear this with White Bus ... I still don’t know which post set him off and now he so all over the place... I simple would like to know which post on Horace Clarke he’s talking about ... now that is one crazy liquor manager...

Last edited:
You better clear this with White Bus ... I still don’t know which post set him off and now he so all over the place... I simple would like to know which post on Horace Clarke he’s talking about ... now that is on crazy liquor manager...
Clown. You screwed up a post and are too drunk too understand.

Hey guys:

tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT