ADVERTISEMENT

OT: How much do you spend a week on food per person?

haha. Got it. I have one feeder and the deer would stand on their hind legs and eat the seed. I ended up extending it high enough that they couldn't reach it, and I have a weed wacker line holding the feeder up that I can raise and lower like a flag. I get a 40 pound bag two or three times a year.

There is a feeder stand that is advertised as 'deer/squirrel proof". It allows you to hang 4 feeders around 10 feet off the ground, with a hooded shield on the pole that the little rats with fuzzy tails can't climb. Although it's funny to watch them try to figure it out. You just have to plant the pole far enough away from a roof overhang, so they can't leap from house to feeders.

🤣 I'm laughing so hard I've got a side stitch. How long'd it take for you to figure out that routine? Reminds me of an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond.

We ate plenty of different boxes of Hamburger Helper back when we were first married.

Tuscan Dairy warehouses used to let NJSP come by at night and get milk and butter for free.
So we always had lots of dairy products.

It's amazing what the smell of a nice tin of Sardines packed in Olive Oil will do to a Wives memory bank as they begin to ask you to go out and "get a few things at the store".

I will say that I do go to Delicious Orchards any time I/we are around Colts Neck. Plus I am famous for timing going there just prior to Thanksgiving for 6 pies and being out in less than 10 minutes.

$25-30 / week is absurd. Pre-Covid I used to spend $75-100/week on take out lunch alone to eat at my desk in NYC. Breakfast was another $25-40/week. With 2 large boys in College & HS that play sports, we spend ~$600/week on food for 4 at home. That's probably on the low end. Boys will eat you out of house and home. They want to eat & snack all day long.... and that's without smoking pot.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jm0513
ADVERTISEMENT