ADVERTISEMENT

OT: I’m no Ohio State fan...

RU scores what 5 touchdowns on OSU? Sorry but this isn’t the Urban Meyer OSU team of the past where the lines were brick walls and every play was a bust open. I think the Buckeyes won’t be able to keep up with the Trevor Lawrence/Etienne offense

I’m torn. While I want to see OSU win it all for the Big Ten, I also want them to get blown out because I don’t like Ryan Day.

I also don’t see them beating Clemson today, they aren’t as good as years past.

3 years ago, my son's HS football team, Pope HS, played a pre season game against Harrison HS. Pope was a playoff team that year, but that game was over when Harrison scored 35 first quarter points. Harrison's starting QB? Justin Fields.

Reactions: DirtyRU
RU scores what 5 touchdowns on OSU? Sorry but this isn’t the Urban Meyer OSU team of the past where the lines were brick walls and every play was a bust open. I think the Buckeyes won’t be able to keep up with the Trevor Lawrence/Etienne offense
So far so good.

I’m torn. While I want to see OSU win it all for the Big Ten, I also want them to get blown out because I don’t like Ryan Day.

I also don’t see them beating Clemson today, they aren’t as good as years past.
Agree with the first part completely, but OSU is looking pretty good so far...

I haven't been a Field's fan. He missed a sure TD to Olave. But he's been amazing after that. It was absolutely a dirty hit by Skalski. Same dude tossed last year. The kicker is that the helmet down hit is dangerous to the tackler

Last edited:
I haven't been a Field's fan. He missed a sure TD to Olave. But he's been amazing after that. It was absolutely a dirty it by Skalski. Same dude tossed last year. The kicker is that the helmet down hit is dangerous to the tackler

Exactly... higher probability Skalski breaks his neck on that play. Just stupid on his part.

Exactly... higher probability Skalski breaks his neck on that play. Just stupid on his part.

Tackling with head down is is how El got hurt. He admitted as much (EL wasn't playing dirty though - it was an accident)

The most impressive thing about Fields is the ball always comes out on time. It shows he can read D.

Aaaaaaaaand as usual, Day makes zero mention of his opponent and calls his own program awesome.

Guy's an a$$hole whom I would love to see have Humble Pie jammed down his throat.

Edit: And BFD he was goaded into mentioning Clemson when accepting the trophy.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: St_Henry_Buckeye
Normally I would have rooted for OSU because of B10 but i find it ridiculous that the conference changed the rules for them after the fact to gift them a spot in the conf champ game where they might not have even stayed in top 4 rankings without it so just left a poor taste in my mouth so I was rooting for Clemson.
they def played better and deserved win tonight though.

Normally I would have rooted for OSU because of B10 but i find it ridiculous that the conference changed the rules for them after the fact to gift them a spot in the conf champ game where they might not have even stayed in top 4 rankings without it so just left a poor taste in my mouth so I was rooting for Clemson.

OSU earned a spot in the championship game by winning all their games. Only undefeated team in the conference.

OSU earned a spot in the championship game by winning all their games. Only undefeated team in the conference.
If the rule is play X amt of games to qualify I don’t care if you’re undefeated. That’s the rule. They changed it for them after the fact and we all know the conference wouldn’t have done it for the other schools except maybe Michigan/ PSU/wisc.

Reactions: King of S
Absolutely rooted for Ohio State. They represent the conference we are in. Perception of your league matters. I want the BIG champ to win everything in all of the sports. Our job is to win the conference. If we don't I root for our conference champion. It reflects well on us.

I agree that on the surface it looks shady for the Big10 to change its rules so that OSU gets the champ game, but :

1. Why should the conference penalize OSU when other teams caused the cancellations?
2. OSU beat Indiana. Why should Indiana go ? They were not the best team in the east. The over-riding principle is that the best team goes.
3. Other conferences would/or did manipulate too. Check out what the SEC commish said about the ACC canceling the last reg season games for ND and Clemson to avoid any possibility of either team playing poorly and dropping out of the top 4.

The Big10 did what it had to do to give its best East team a chance for the playoff. Nothing wrong with that in this crazy season.

Also, what if a team deliberately canceled a game just so another team didn’t get to 6 games ? Would that be fair ? What matters most is that the best team goes, and that was 5-0 OSU.

Last edited:
I agree that on the surface it looks shady for the Big10 to change its rules so that OSU gets the champ game, but :

1. Why should the conference penalize OSU when other teams caused the cancellations?
2. OSU beat Indiana. Why should Indiana go ? They were not the best team in the east. The over-riding principle is that the beat team goes.
3. Other conferences would/or did manipulate too. Check out what the SEC commish said about the ACC canceling the last reg season games for ND and Clemson to avoid any possibility of either team playing poorly and dropping out of the top 4.

The Big10 did what it had to do to give its best East team a chance for the playoff. Nothing wrong with that in this crazy season.

OSU cancelled vs. Illinois (11/28) because of an outbreak at OSU.

2 out of the 3 games cancelled on OSU because of Covid was their opponents - OSU only cancelled one, The B1G admitted they didn't take into account penalizing a team because of another team's actions when they changed the rules. OSU is CLEARLY the best in the B1G and probably will be for years to come if you look at their off the charts recruiting

If the rule is play X amt of games to qualify I don’t care if you’re undefeated. That’s the rule. They changed it for them after the fact and we all know the conference wouldn’t have done it for the other schools except maybe Michigan/ PSU/wisc.

Then don't play conference only since we can't make changes...
Then don't cancel the season since we can't make changes...
Then don't decide to play again since we can't make changes...

Reactions: NoApologies-
2 out of the 3 games cancelled on OSU because of Covid was their opponents - OSU only cancelled one, The B1G admitted they didn't take into account penalizing a team because of another team's actions when they changed the rules. OSU is CLEARLY the best in the B1G and probably will be for years to come if you look at their off the charts recruiting
I agree they Play as the best overall team in the conference and tonight’s game showed it. However the rule was the rule. So it doesn’t matter if it was the other teams fault. And it doesn’t matter that the conference felt bad for not thinking their rules through in advance. Otherwise where does it end? Exaggerated example but Preseason top pick wins 1 game and cancels all others and they deserve to play in championship just because of reputation and thinking they are best?

• Haha
Reactions: St_Henry_Buckeye
Then don't play conference only since we can't make changes...
Then don't cancel the season since we can't make changes...
Then don't decide to play again since we can't make changes...
Not sure how any of that has to do with adjusting the rules late in the season after the fact to facilitate an outcome you want vs what you’re saying which adjusted rules in advance and then let’s the season play out however it might.

2. OSU beat Indiana. Why should Indiana go ? They were not the best team in the east. The over-riding principle is that the best team goes.

Also, what if a team deliberately canceled a game just so another team didn’t get to 6 games ? Would that be fair ? What matters most is that the best team goes, and that was 5-0 OSU.

200.gif

ADVERTISEMENT