ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Insight on RU Environmental Science/Bioenvironmental Engineering programs?

m1ipabrams

All American
Gold Member
Apr 15, 2007
Downingtown, PA
My daughter is entering her senior year of high school and is looking at the RU Environmental Science or more likely the Bioenvironmental Engineering program. Her interest is in water quality related issues and the interfaces between humans and the environment, specifically with trying to help find solutions to the problems we are encountering. My question is, does any one have any current insight into these programs at RU and their strengths/weaknesses? As a point of reference, I am a civil eng graduate from RU in 1992.
Thanks for any insight you may have and sorry for the OT.

If she hasn't even started her Senior year,sounds like she is doing things way ahead of most kids. Best of luck to your family with the decision.

Grad with a BS in air and water resources from the Env. Dept. It has an excellent reputation in the industry. One of the best in the country. But you must realize that a graduate degree should be a part of her long term plan. Good luck

Reactions: m1ipabrams
Grad with a BS in air and water resources from the Env. Dept. It has an excellent reputation in the industry. One of the best in the country. But you must realize that a graduate degree should be a part of her long term plan. Good luck
Yeah, we pretty much realize that. With the bioenvironmental engineering Undergrad degree she could be employable, but a grad degree will most likely be the direction she goes anyway.

Imbazza,
with all the concern now about lead in the water,I would imagine a lot more kids will consider the field of study.

Imbazza,
with all the concern now about lead in the water,I would imagine a lot more kids will consider the field of study.[/QUOTE
Lead in paint and pipes was an issue in NB when I was back in school. My senior project was testing NB kid for lead.

ADVERTISEMENT