ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Is legalizing cannabis on the November ballot in NJ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kbee3

Hall of Famer
Aug 23, 2002
Last I heard it was. But I haven't received my ballot yet and friends were asking.
Anyone ?

I just assume people who say No don’t understand the issue.

Thank god those people are in the minority.
I truly do not understand how when Alcohol is the legal parallel to mind altering substances how anybody can argue against the legalization of cannabis.... Take the medicinal benefits which are vast out of it.... You have to be over 50, and someone with no experience with cannabis to still have these thoughts...

ah the benefit of mail in voting. Now I can check the box yes on my wife's ballot too for her instead of knowing she would vote no in the booth. Nah, nothing wrong with this process lol. But I'll make it work for me if this is the process.

Reactions: newell138
I truly do not understand how when Alcohol is the legal parallel to mind altering substances how anybody can argue against the legalization of cannabis.... Take the medicinal benefits which are vast out of it.... You have to be over 50, and someone with no experience with cannabis to still have these thoughts...

And at the end of the day, people are going to get it one way or another. You either get it through your doctor (which is extremely easy to do), take a day trip to Massachusetts, or from the many dealer delivery services. PA and NY will be legalizing it soon anyway.....are we really going to be last in line again? Thankfully not because the vote on this one won’t be very close.

All the polls say NJ voters are overwhelmingly in favor so I am very curious to see the actual results.
I will be voting yes.

ah the benefit of mail in voting. Now I can check the box yes on my wife's ballot too for her instead of knowing she would vote no in the booth. Nah, nothing wrong with this process lol. But I'll make it work for me if this is the process.
Think of all those people who have lost loved ones, and will now be getting their ballots.

You're kidding, right? People in their 60's and 70's were smoking weed in the 60's and 70's, long before many on here were born.

Will there be a legal limit for driving like alcohol? Can it be measured in your bloodstream like 0.1 or anything like that?

It is. Vote YES.
533b4b731700fcfcba024598cfe620ea.gif

Don't trust Trenton. They will screw it up and waste any money it generates on graft.

I don't do drugs or drink (I don't like things that alter the sharpness and clarity of the mind).
BUT legalizing cannabis is still worthwhile.

The US incarcerates 655 people per 100K people. That is the HIGHEST rate in the world.
The majority of the incarcerated 2.2 million people in this country are incarcerated due to non-violent drug offenses.

Legalizing cannabis will reduce the rate of drug related incarcerations; leading to less broken families and ultimately more productive and prosperous generations moving forward.

If alcohol is legal, there is NO reason cannabis should not be. Alcohol is actually worse for you as it's a direct poison that destroys cells in the body.

Those that support the use of alcohol and tobacco yet support the continued ban of cannabis are hypocrites of the worst kind...

Voting YES is good for society and our future as a whole.

Last edited:
Everyone should vote No. Sure it will make the state money being a drug dealer, but look what it did the the minds of the citizens of Cali and Oregon.

What about the minds of Massachusetts or Texas or just about any other state since marijuana use is rampant across this country. Unless you think only people in legalized states use it??

I know a couple of people who are voting no and are heartbroken over the issue.
Of course, they both make a good buck off of selling the stuff....and have for years.

Your street dealer is worried about price competition from the dispensaries?

Im told that in Seattle the street dealers are out of business. The dispensaries out there are selling products to the public for less than the street dealers have to pay to acquire it.

Reactions: Blitz8RUCrazy
So because Trenton might mismanage the tax revenues, it’s not worth it? I dunno how Trenton spends sport’s betting money, but I’m sure glad I have the freedom and ability to take the over on Saturday’s.
Might mismanage ? How old are you , 2 ?

The opiod crisis is a SYMPTOM of
  1. The deindustrialization of this country
  2. Poor mental health services in this country including the poor access to such services
  3. Widening income inequality
  4. Reduction of the middle class with the simultaneous expansion in the lower class
  5. Unemployment and underemployment
  6. Lack of education
  7. Big Pharma
  8. Prison industrial complex
Fix the cause and the symptoms will disappear.
Instead we continually attack the symptom which ultimately creates
  1. Creates more broken families
  2. Creates more poor families
  3. Creates greater income inequality
  4. Creates greater education inequality
  5. Continues cycles of crime
  6. Boosts revenues for Big Pharma
  7. Boosts revenues for the prison industrial complex.
  8. Bigger burden on the US tax payer to fund welfare and underprivileged education programs (the solution lies at HOME, not in the schools)
  9. Perpetuates stereotypes of the poor and underprivileged.
In essence, continually attacking the symptom without attacking the cause is no different than having an automobile tire continually spin in the mud, without going anywhere, when you step on the gas...

So because Trenton might mismanage the tax revenues, it’s not worth it? I dunno how Trenton spends sport’s betting money, but I’m sure glad I have the freedom and ability to take the over on Saturday’s.
I know you love your weed and gambling. 😀

Not at all, why do you ask?
The opiod crisis is a SYMPTOM of
  1. The deindustrialization of this country
  2. Poor mental health services in this country including the poor access to such services
  3. Widening of income inequality
  4. Reduction of the middle class with the simultaneous expansion in the lower class
  5. Unemployment and underemployment
  6. Lack of education
  7. Big Pharma
  8. Prison industrial complex
Fix the cause and the symptoms will disappear.
Instead we continually attack the symptom which ultimately creates
  1. Creates more broken families
  2. Creates more poor families
  3. Creates greater income inequality
  4. Creates greater education inequality
  5. Continues cycles of crime
  6. Boosts revenues for Big Pharma
  7. Boosts revenues for the prison industrial complex.
  8. Bigger burden on the US tax payer to fund welfare and underprivileged education programs (the solution lies at HOME, not in the schools)
  9. Perpetuates stereotypes of the poor and underprivileged.
In essence, attacking the symptom is no different than having an automobile tire continually spin in the mud without going anywhere...

I don't know but in Counties like Bergen where Opioid and hereon are very common, so many of the kids addicted are coming from upper middle to wealthy 2 parent families.

Reactions: Greg2020
I know a couple of people who are voting no and are heartbroken over the issue.
Of course, they both make a good buck off of selling the stuff....and have for years.
I do not think they have anything to worry about. NJ voters will approve and then the pols will tax it and make it so hard and expensive to obtain the dealers will still be flush. $5.00 of MJ will cost $35.00 when Trenton is done with it.

Reactions: newell138
Not at all, why do you ask?

I don't know but in Counties like Bergen where Opioid and hereon are very common, so many of the kids addicted are coming from upper middle to wealthy 2 parent families.

Poor mental health services and big Pharma play a role in this scenario.
Big Pharma pays off doctors to over-prescribe legal opioids which then can engender addiction in the patient/victim which then can lead to crime which then feeds into the prison industrial complex. It's a vicious cycle.

Last edited:
Reactions: yesrutgers01
I don't do drugs or drink (I don't like things that alter the sharpness and clarity of the mind).
BUT legalizing cannabis is still worthwhile.

The US incarcerates 655 people per 100K people. That is the HIGHEST rate in the world.
The majority of the incarcerated 2.2 million people in this country are incarcerated due to non-violent drug offenses.

Legalizing cannabis will reduce the rate of drug related incarcerations; leading to less broken families and ultimately more productive and prosperous generations moving forward.

If alcohol is legal, there is NO reason cannabis should not be. Alcohol is actually worse for you as it's a direct poison that destroys cells in the body.

Those that support the use of alcohol and tobacco yet support the continued ban of cannabis are hypocrites of the worst kind...

Voting YES is good for society and our future as a whole.
By your logic, beating people up and killing people should be legalized. Why keep those people away from their families by putting them in jail.

Poor mental health services and big Pharma play a role in this scenario.
Big Pharma pays off doctors to over-prescribe legal opioids which then can engender addiction in the patient/victim which then can lead to crime which then feeds into the prison industrial complex. It's a vicious cycle.

That is much better stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT