ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Islanders fans picking the Yankees to win this afternoon

RUhasarrived

All American
May 7, 2007
How do I know this?

Tickets for their Thursday night game vs the Devils are selling for far below cost on Stub Hub.My friend was able to get us 2 seats at center ice,only 4 rows upstairs,Section 206,for only $49 each.The fans must be assuming that the Yankees will be playing Thursday Night.

I'll have to familiarize myself with the arcanities of Nelson Rockefeller's favorite railroad,the LIRR.The last time that I took it was in May of 1972,before which I saw the afternoon NY Post headline:HOOVER DEAD,referring to the long time head honcho of the FBI.

How do I know this?

Tickets for their Thursday night game vs the Devils are selling for far below cost on Stub Hub.My friend was able to get us 2 seats at center ice,only 4 rows upstairs,Section 206,for only $49 each.The fans must be assuming that the Yankees will be playing Thursday Night.

I'll have to familiarize myself with the arcanities of Nelson Rockefeller's favorite railroad,the LIRR.The last time that I took it was in May of 1972,before which I saw the afternoon NY Post headline:HOOVER DEAD,referring to the long time head honcho of the FBI.
Isn't Long Island a Mets fanbase? They aren't playing until March. Don't think I've ever known a Yankees Islanders fan.

There are Yankees fans everywhere in NY.They were the team that stayed while the Giants and the Dodgers left town.Many switched allegiances during this time.Many converted back to NL baseball when the Mets arrived but some stayed.

There are Yankees fans everywhere in NY.They were the team that stayed while the Giants and the Dodgers left town.Many switched allegiances during this time.Many converted back to NL baseball when the Mets arrived but some stayed.
I didn't mean that there we no Yankees fans in Long Island but the majority is Mets.
Typical fan bases are Met/Jets/Islanders. Yankees/Giants/Rangers. Doesn't mean there aren't exceptions.

Reactions: mdk01
I didn't mean that there we no Yankees fans in Long Island but the majority is Mets.
Typical fan bases are Met/Jets/Islanders/Nets. Yankees/Giants/Rangers/Knicks Doesn't mean there aren't exceptions.

Expanded it for you. And a lot of those Dodger/Giant fans are no longer with us. Maybe picked up a few NL fans.

ADVERTISEMENT