ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Italian NYC Restaurant Recommendations

Don’t recall the name but there is a good one on 46th street, restaurant row. I believe between 8th and 9th or 7th and 8th. On a nice day they have a terrace out back to sit outdoors.
https://lattanzinyc.com/

this is the place, but it’s been a few years since I have been there.

Last edited:
tVy9sWEoTe6LyXc8LHMx

giphy.gif

Anyone have any great one's they can recommend? Thanks!
It's been 3-4 years, but this has been our go to Italian joint for show nights. Started going here a good 20 years ago.....even prior to the wife. 😜

It's been 3-4 years, but this has been our go to Italian joint for show nights. Started going here a good 20 years ago.....even prior to the wife. 😜

That’s the one I recommended also. Been a few years for me also

Anyone have any great one's they can recommend? Thanks!

Last edited:
Really appreciate the recommendations I’ll check all of them out. Sure I can’t go wrong.

Yes, John's of 12th, at 2nd Ave. Been there for 114 years. Episodes of Solenoid filmed there as well as Boardwalk Empire and part of the movie A Beautiful Mind. Better yet food is terrific. All the episodes of Boardwalk Empire the had Masseria was filed there. Great atmosphere

Reactions: Tango Two
Is the Bronx ok?
Trattoria cave Otto move 2357 Arthur ave
Is attractive, intimate , with good food

a few doors down is Emilios if you want to go pricier.

across the street is a different experience.
Food served family style with long tables that have you eating with strangers. No menus just your creativity.
Let’s say you say veal you then can offer how you want it served or the waiter can volunteer what they can do with it. Not for everyone but I enjoy it.

last is a cooperative store with hundred of imported cheeses, hundred of hanging prosciutto and Parma ham
A eat in take out pastry shop

anyway if 20 minutes out to the Bronx does not bother you this can be a pretty nice experience

Not sure it survived Covid but downtown in the village Il mulino was spectacular but they were pretty heavy handed with the garlic

Really appreciate the recommendations I’ll check all of them out. Sure I can’t go wrong.
I second Umberto's for seafood, and if you're looking for a classic red sauce joint, you really can't beat John's. Oldest Italian restaurant in the Village.

Reactions: Caliknight
LOL. As a kid, I'd accompany my Dad and others into Little Italy. Often ate at Vincent's and Umberto's. Right after Crazy Joe Gallo got shot up at Umberto's, we visited. Loved their Shrimp Marinara with linguini or that toasted bread. Then we'd hit Ferrara's for espresso and pastry.

For updated recs, check out Chowhound's Manhattan forum.

For some Umberto's history:
https://greenwichvillageitalian.com...-house-mulberry-street-little-italy-new-york/

LOL. As a kid, I'd accompany my Dad and others into Little Italy. Often ate at Vincent's and Umberto's. Right after Crazy Joe Gallo got shot up at Umberto's, we visited. Loved their Shrimp Marinara with linguini or that toasted bread. Then we'd hit Ferrara's for espresso and pastry.

For updated recs, check out Chowhound's Manhattan forum.

For some Umberto's history:
https://greenwichvillageitalian.com...-house-mulberry-street-little-italy-new-york/
Vincent's spicy marinara yes please!!!

Chowhound is gone. Closed the site down in March.

Reactions: RUinPinehurst
ADVERTISEMENT