ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best Jersey Pizza

May 11, 2010
Florida Panhandle
OK, a lot of food snobs here, as proven in the subs thread.

What is your go-to Jersey pizza joint?

I split a pie with a co-worker at M&S II in Rockaway yesterday, it was good and got me thinking of what is my favorite pizza place.

There are lots of good ones around the state but I'd have to go with Pizza Time on Route 35 in Avenel .

Particularly great ones that I’ve had recently:
Cuzzin’s in Silverton (Toms River)
Nino’s in Silverton
Rosie’s in Point Pleasant Beach (new)
Pat’s in Point Pleasant

Plain pie- Algieri’s on Union Ave in Belleville.
Everything pie was Scotto’s in Clifton but the owner retired/ place closed a few years back and I’m still looking for an equivalent.

Joe P.

Sadly a couple of my favorite pizza places have gotten full of themselves and jacked up prices.

Sadly a couple of my favorite pizza places have gotten full of themselves and jacked up prices.

I understand rising costs etc but hate it when you see a place that’s on the rise all of a sudden get full of themselves, start overpricing, drive customers away and then end up trying to win everyone back when it’s too late.

Joe P.

Genteel's in Montgomery
Nomad in Hopewell
Mack's in Stone Harbor

Honorable mention - Brooklyn thin sicilian from Joe's in Hillsborough

I always love this thread. Just shows how many great pizza places we have around here.

Grew up in Union County. Santillo’s and Spirito’s.

Live in Bergen County for 26 years. Brooklyn Pizza in either Hackensack or Ridgewood. Never a fan of Kinchley’s but I’ll eat any pizza around here.

Last edited:
I always love this thread. Just how many great pizza places we have around here.

Grew up in Union County. Santillo’s and Spirito’s.

Live in Bergen County for 26 years. Brooklyn Pizza in either Hackensack or Ridgewood. Never a fan of Kinchley’s but I’ll eat any pizza around here.
Have you tried Nellies in Waldwick?

Arlington Pizza, off Belleville TPk in the Foodtwon shopping center, North Arlington. Best regular plain pie

DiLorenzo's tomato pie in Robbinsville.
Nomad in Hopewell (or from their pizza truck).
Italian Villa in Cream Ridge -- lesser known but makes a solid plain pizza and fantastic Grandmas pie.
Liberty Hall in Lambertville for gourmet brick oven.

They defy the laws of supply and demand. I always bring this up. There has been a significant increase in the number of pizza places and you would expect the prices to come down. More supply and a set level of demand. The pizza place owners realize they can’t make any money by lowering their price and they have the same set of 20-30 customers. If they raise their prices, those established customers will pay for the bill.

Another reason pizza prices increased according to a pizza place owner is that a pizza can feed 3-4 individuals so you can feed they for $17-19 when 1 meal easily be $20 at a restaurant.

Last edited:
They defy the laws of supply and demand. I always bring this up. There has been a significant increase in the number of pizza places and you would expect the prices to come down. More supply and a set level of demand. The pizza place owners realize they can’t make any money by lowering their price and they have the same set of 20-30 customers. If they raise their prices, those established customers will pay for the bill.

Another reason pizza prices increased according to a pizza place owner is that a pizza can feed 3-4 individuals so you can feed they for $17-19 when 1 meal easily be $20 at a restaurant.
Interesting. Well, our favorite place rarely gets us anymore. Just ridiculous what they're charging for a single pie.

Reactions: LevaosLectures
ADVERTISEMENT