ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Best Jersey Pizza

There used to be (maybe still around, haven't been there in well over a decade) a Toby's Pizza in North Brunswick on the southbound side of route 1 just before Livingston Ave. I think it was a Pathmark plaza? I worked around the corner for a couple years. I think I ate there 3+ times per week in the early 90's. Simply amazing pizza. Classic NY style.

Any recommendations for pizza in Boonton? My slices in Top of the Park were underwhelming.

I am literally at DeL's in Robbinsville right now trying the pizza for the first time ever, half plain and half pepperoni.

#WOW

Finally a place that lives up to the hype!

Robbinsville has become a hotbed for NJ Pizza:

De Lorenzo's Tomato Pies - Legends
Papa's Tomato Pies - Legends

and
Massimo's is also really good, they also sell Authentic Napoletana Pizza as well.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Surprised that Strawberry’s in Woodbridge on Rt 35 has not been touted. In the past they had a deal of 2 slices and a domestic pint of beer for $5. Best part is they would serve your slices from a freshly cooked pizza. Far better than slices that have been sitting around and get reheated.

Robbinsville has become a hotbed for NJ Pizza:

De Lorenzo's Tomato Pies - Legends
Papa's Tomato Pies - Legends

and
Massimo's is also really good, they also sell Authentic Napoletana Pizza as well.
Good to know, I will definitely return to the area for lunch. De Lorenzo's was amazing, thin crust with some crunch, great sauce. One hell of a tomato pie.

Delorenzo in Hamilton and Jojos as well.

Deninos and Espositos in Matawan. Espo's make a sesame seed crust it's awesome.

Just moved to Belle Mead and the best around here is definitely Ama and Nomad (Hopewell or Princeton). Have yet to try Genteels but will do so shortly.

Reactions: JRZEER
On another NJ pizza note, Chimney Rock is opening a location in Flemington sometime this summer, just north of the circle on Rt 31.

had chimney rock pizza for the first time in decades last week. didn't have particularly good memory of it, and it was way worse than anticipated. astoundingly overrated. it's like tomato paste and cheese on a matzo. cannot believe how highly rated it tends to be. branding and trendiness

place was cool (gilette location) and that sig cream soda nitro beer was interesting, but will order a burger next time

had chimney rock pizza for the first time in decades last week. didn't have particularly good memory of it, and it was way worse than anticipated. astoundingly overrated. it's like tomato paste and cheese on a matzo. cannot believe how highly rated it tends to be. branding and trendiness

place was cool (gilette location) and that sig cream soda nitro beer was interesting, but will order a burger next time

I'm done with Chimney Rock.

Last time I was there was after a RU FB loss and the woman bartender asked me why I was a Rutgers fan anyways.

Food is not that good there .

Delorenzo in Hamilton and Jojos as well.

Deninos and Espositos in Matawan. Espo's make a sesame seed crust it's awesome.

Just moved to Belle Mead and the best around here is definitely Ama and Nomad (Hopewell or Princeton). Have yet to try Genteels but will do so shortly.
Try Genteels, pizza is wonderful, lots of flavor. Also try the pasta, this is more than a pizza joint!

i couldn't believe it. was totally psyched to give it a try after years of seeing it mentioned in "best ofs". hit it after i touched down, on the way from the airport and was the only jersey pizza i had on my visit. very disappointing. never again for pizza.

and f them with "why rutgers" - they're like 15 mins from the stadium, stfu and welcome the business.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
i couldn't believe it. was totally psyched to give it a try after years of seeing it mentioned in "best ofs". hit it after i touched down, on the way from the airport and was the only jersey pizza i had on my visit. very disappointing. never again for pizza.

and f them with "why rutgers" - they're like 15 mins from the stadium, stfu and welcome the business.

On that day, they had a big ad in the game day program too.

Reactions: fsg2

The owner is a big Rutgers fan and donor.

Reactions: BigRnj
Surprised that Strawberry’s in Woodbridge on Rt 35 has not been touted. In the past they had a deal of 2 slices and a domestic pint of beer for $5. Best part is they would serve your slices from a freshly cooked pizza. Far better than slices that have been sitting around and get reheated.

I was just there Sunday actually. Yes, still make a good pie. I still say the best in Woodbridge, with Pizza Time second. Saturday and Sunday plain pies at strawberry’s for $9.99. You can’t beat .
They still have the 2 slices and beer special for $5, which is a steal . Usually we finish our meal with one of those specials and take to go - the slices , the beer you gotta drink there.

Reactions: Knightmoves
I was just there Sunday actually. Yes, still make a good pie. I still say the best in Woodbridge, with Pizza Time second. Saturday and Sunday plain pies at strawberry’s for $9.99. You can’t beat .
They still have the 2 slices and beer special for $5, which is a steal . Usually we finish our meal with one of those specials and take to go - the slices , the beer you gotta drink there.

When I’d go in there I’d upgrade the order to 2 fresh slices w pepperoni done crispy and the draft. A one dollar upgrade. I miss that place now that I’m in FL. The two goofy women who ran Strawberrys added to the atmosphere. Also a good venue to watch college and pro football on Sat and Sundays. If I was driving in the area during game time on the weekend it was a good stop for a quick snack.

Pizza Town USA is BY FAR the best in the state and constantly rated as such. route 46 elmwood park. place is essentially a shack but has the thinnest crust...also their zeppolis are phenomenal

Was wondering if this place was still going strong as it's been 20+ years since my last time. Late nights at the office in E.P. in my first job out of college consisted of many a pie from Pizza Town for my coworkers and I.

Reactions: RUkhoury
When it comes to pizza outside of the NJ... you are doomed. (besides NYC of course)

Your best shot at a good pizza is being lucky enough that some other person from NJ happen to have moved there as well and open a Pizza Parlor so you can get some real pizza.

Add New Haven and a few places in the North End in Boston

I'm done with Chimney Rock.

Last time I was there was after a RU FB loss and the woman bartender asked me why I was a Rutgers fan anyways.

Food is not that good there .

Never understood Chimney Rock... very bland/mediocre

In the Somerset Hills / Somerset County area I vote:

1) Nicoletta - Bernardsville
2) Lombardi's - Martinsville
3) Conti's - Princeton
4) Manville Pizza

ADVERTISEMENT