ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Jersey Shore Beach erosion

Tide is high today all over NJ. Dunes are doing their job

Seinfeld-The-Slicer-boombox.jpg

Went today and I noticed the sand looked very different today in Spring Lake. Almost a muddy dirt consistency at the high tide mark...which was the highest I’ve seen all season.

Water is still pretty warm but the wind made it not too fun to deal with getting out. So I just went up to my knees.

Went today and I noticed the sand looked very different today in Spring Lake. Almost a muddy dirt consistency at the high tide mark...which was the highest I’ve seen all season.

Water is still pretty warm but the wind made it not too fun to deal with getting out. So I just went up to my knees.

Supposed to be mid 70's the next 2-3 days. Local's Summer ain't over yet!

Arent' the rip currents pretty strong right now?

They were over the weekend. Strong NE winds for 48 hours straight will do that.
Sad to admit I have not set foot on a beach since last summer. Hoping to catch some waves later this week or over the weekend for the first time in 2020. Did not want to deal with the hassle of badges and crowds this summer. Plus we spent time on the boat in the Manaquan River twice per week instead of going to the beach.

Reactions: knightfan7
I was just reading there is a global sand shortage, Turns out desert sand is no good for concrete (too round and polished). Beach and riverbank sand is the hot item.

I was just reading there is a global sand shortage, Turns out desert sand is no good for concrete (too round and polished). Beach and riverbank sand is the hot item.

I guess I need to do a better job clearing the sand out of my suit.

They were over the weekend. Strong NE winds for 48 hours straight will do that.
Sad to admit I have not set foot on a beach since last summer. Hoping to catch some waves later this week or over the weekend for the first time in 2020. Did not want to deal with the hassle of badges and crowds this summer. Plus we spent time on the boat in the Manaquan River twice per week instead of going to the beach.
Did you know this, @knightfan7 ?

I certainly did not.

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT